pogues whistle music

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
benjobanjo

pogues whistle music

Post by benjobanjo »

any1 know where i can get some whistle tabs / sheet music for any pogues songs?? or also the irish rover, cheers
raindog1970
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by raindog1970 »

There used to be a great Pogues guitar tab archive, but it's no longer online.
I transcribed the whistle solo of 'Fairytale of New York' to ABC format a few years ago.
http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php?p=13833
Regards,
Gary Humphrey

♪♣♫Humphrey Whistles♫♣♪

[Raindogs] The ones you see wanderin' around after a rain. Ones that can't find their way back home. See the rain washes off the scent off all the mail boxes and the lamposts, fire hydrants. – Tom Waits
benjobanjo

Post by benjobanjo »

thanks rain dog
, what format is fairy tale of new york typed, im not sure how to read how to play that song from the post(does that make sense)?????? also have you transcribed any other modern stuff ???
buddhu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by buddhu »

benjobanjo wrote:thanks rain dog
, what format is fairy tale of new york typed, im not sure how to read how to play that song from the post(does that make sense)?????? also have you transcribed any other modern stuff ???
That's ABC format. It's a clever little set up where you can play from the music as ABCtabbed once you get the hang of it, or you can get the tab to play music using something like the free download available at http://www.norbeck.nu/abcmus/abc.html
And whether the blood be highland, lowland or no.
And whether the skin be black or white as the snow.
Of kith and of kin we are one, be it right, be it wrong.
As long as our hearts beat true to the lilt of a song.
Unseen122
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

You can convert the ABC in to sheet music at the above link just copy and paste. Also thesession.org has a version of Young Nedd of the Hill here.
benjobanjo

Post by benjobanjo »

Thats well nice and easy that convertor, are there sites which just have tunes in abc format or do they normally have the sheet music as well?? i saw abcformat on a site i was on the other day and wondered what it was! thanks
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

http://trillian.mit.edu/~jc/music/abc/FindTune.html

John Chamber's ABC tunefinder is a search engine for tunes in ABC format. It will output tunes in a variety of formats--ABC, text, and sheetmusic as .gif, .pdf, .ps and as MIDI files.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
raindog1970
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by raindog1970 »

I tried to fix 'Fairytale of New York' at work today on a computer with no speakers... didn't quite get it right then, but it's OK now.
This board used to have code bulit in that automatically submitted ABC tunes to the converter on concertina.net when clicked... I had to clean up the odd remains of the old code that got garbled when the board was upgraded a couple of years ago.
Regards,
Gary Humphrey

♪♣♫Humphrey Whistles♫♣♪

[Raindogs] The ones you see wanderin' around after a rain. Ones that can't find their way back home. See the rain washes off the scent off all the mail boxes and the lamposts, fire hydrants. – Tom Waits
Key_of_D

Pogues Whistle Music

Post by Key_of_D »

Or, if you can't find any music, just listen to the songs carefully. and learn them by ear! The Pogues are one of my favorite groups, their music is awesome. Good luck to ya,
-Eric
buddhu

Re: Pogues Whistle Music

Post by buddhu »

Key_of_D wrote:Or, if you can't find any music, just listen to the songs carefully. and learn them by ear! The Pogues are one of my favorite groups, their music is awesome. Good luck to ya,
-Eric
Same as that. Saw them last December at Brixton - the original line up with Cait :) and I have my tickets for this December too :D . Balcony again... I'm too old to cope with Shane's mosh pit.

The Pogues were the first stage of my intro to Irish music, then from them to the Dubs, and then just like *whoosh*... found all the other stuff.

Spider was definitely the bloke who inspired me to get my first whistle!
And whether the blood be highland, lowland or no.
And whether the skin be black or white as the snow.
Of kith and of kin we are one, be it right, be it wrong.
As long as our hearts beat true to the lilt of a song.