ghosts, spirits, holograms.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by izzarina »

emmline wrote:There's nothing scary or worrisome here. We're just speculating about what might cause the guys at our house to see, or think they see this.
They do live in a rather estrogen-heavy, female dominated environment, and perhaps it's the little spirit of Yin. Image
I just have a "thing" about that stuff. I still can't watch movies that are like that (what was that Halle Barry movie about the ghost or whatever? That scared the heck out of me!!). I think I'd flip out entirely if I were to see a ghost or something. Thankfully, we've seen nothing in our house to date, and it's almost 100 years old. Although I'm sure the children of the house would think it's cool or something if we did ;)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Tony
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

I think my house is haunted too.
Not long after a miserable breakup, on at least three occasions, I've heard my ex-girlfriend’s voice on my front porch calling out to me. Each time she was asking me to unlock the door to let her in… once I heard mention of dinner and can we talk this over. It seems everywhere I turn, a picture of her shows up and I have to tear it into shreds over the garbage while reciting the healing incantation ‘bitch, bitch, bitch stay out of my life’
I keep finding traces of her existence, like hand written notes, strands of her long black hair (despite vacuuming) on furniture and in the laundry. Her name mysteriously appears on several electronic devices (caller ID, cell phone, e-mail) from time to time.
What is really shocking is my family and friends have heard her voice to. Mysteriously, they all have heard her say exactly the same thing “Tony doesn’t answer my calls and won’t let me in anymore”
Isn’t this the strangest thing??
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

Tony wrote:I think my house is haunted too.
Not long after a miserable breakup, on at least three occasions, I've heard my ex-girlfriend’s voice on my front porch calling out to me. Each time she was asking me to unlock the door to let her in… once I heard mention of dinner and can we talk this over. It seems everywhere I turn, a picture of her shows up and I have to tear it into shreds over the garbage while reciting the healing incantation ‘bitch, bitch, bitch stay out of my life’
I keep finding traces of her existence, like hand written notes, strands of her long black hair (despite vacuuming) on furniture and in the laundry. Her name mysteriously appears on several electronic devices (caller ID, cell phone, e-mail) from time to time.
What is really shocking is my family and friends have heard her voice to. Mysteriously, they all have heard her say exactly the same thing “Tony doesn’t answer my calls and won’t let me in anymore”
Isn’t this the strangest thing??
i feel/know your pain, bud.
:wink:
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

emmline wrote:There's nothing scary or worrisome here. We're just speculating about what might cause the guys at our house to see, or think they see this.
They do live in a rather estrogen-heavy, female dominated environment, and perhaps it's the little spirit of Yin. Image
Perhaps they're projecting their own unconscious (or at least unsaid) desires for at least one female in the house who doesn't talk? :twisted:
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:
emmline wrote:My kid, who holds to the hologram theory, made an interesting point this morning. He said, "If the walls, or whatever, can absorb energy and play back a hologram of it, then why wouldn't I walk into the bathroom some day and see myself sitting on the toilet?"

Yeah, I don't know.
Perhaps sitting on the potty wasn't traumatic enough? :lol:
As opposed to being forced to do the laundry, eh? :P

If trauma were all it took, most nursing homes, hospices, and hospitals should be so full of hants that you couldn't see across a room for all the ethereal effluvia.
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
emmline

Post by emmline »

jsluder wrote:Perhaps they're projecting their own unconscious (or at least unsaid) desires for at least one female in the house who doesn't talk? :twisted:
You evidently haven't had to sit through one of my 13 year old son's lengthy, and one-sided, discourses on which super powers he would like to have and what he would do with them.
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Emmline, you make your household sound so attractive. You have young daughters, a hper-verbal teenage son, a talented husband busy with home improvement projects, and a ghost in the basement. In contrast, my mother, God rest her soul, had 3 sons and a perfectionistic husband all living in a small 2 bedroom house (no basement). I am sure that she would have given anything to have had at least one daughter (and a Jacusi tub in the basement), but it didn't happen. I did have a younger brother who liked to sleepwalk at night. I remember having to go outside in the middle of the night to find him and get him back in the house. Not quite a ghost story but kind of spooky anyway.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Darwin wrote:Perhaps sitting on the potty wasn't traumatic enough? :lol:
Truth be known, sitting on the potty is a traumatic experience for me... it gets worse every year... though I suppose I didn't need to share that with everyone... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Last edited by Joseph E. Smith on Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denny

Post by Denny »

musta been...the way you butchered that quote! :o :o
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Denny wrote:musta been...the way you butchered that quote! :o :o
... all better now.....
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Joseph E. Smith wrote:
Darwin wrote:Perhaps sitting on the potty wasn't traumatic enough? :lol:
Truth be known, sitting on the potty is a traumatic experience for me... it gets worse every year... though I suppose I didn't need to share that with everyone... :oops: :oops: :oops:

Eat oatmeal, Joseph. Lots and lots of oatmeal.
Cotelette d'Agneau
Denny

Post by Denny »

Darwin wrote:
Joseph E. Smith wrote:Perhaps sitting on the potty wasn't traumatic enough? :lol:
As opposed to being forced to do the laundry, eh?
Joseph E. Smith wrote:Truth be known, sitting on the potty is a traumatic experience for me... it gets worse every year... though I suppose I didn't need to share that with everyone... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Joseph E. Smith wrote:
Denny wrote:musta been...the way you butchered that quote! :o :o
... all better now.....
Oh yeah! :o
Just dandy. :D
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

This is cool. I'd like to find out more. I've lived in spooky houses myself.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

My house is about 140 years old, but I've always felt very cosy and comfortable there. All the places I've ever felt uneasy about have been because I was told ghost stories before I'd been there.

Emm, has anyone tried to capture your laundry girl on camera or audio recording? I've been interested in the idea of ghost all my life, but never knowingly saw one.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

That reminds me of the last house I rented. After I'd lived there for a
few months one of the local police officers told me a young woman
had overdosed and died on the living room floor while she and her
boyfriend were getting busy. He was so far gone he didn't even know.
The next morning a couple of little kids were leaning against her playing
video games when they finally found out she had died. I was watching
Gothica a couple of weeks after my conversation with the officer. I
couldn't concentrate on the movie, becuase I kept glancing over to a spot
on the living room floor. kinda creeped me out a bit. My daughter swears
up and down that the place was haunted, and there were several instances
where something would fall off the bathroom or kitchen counter when
nobody was in the room. I don't know if it was haunted, but it was
rather eerie.