Its always you

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by The Weekenders »

A classic just for those of you who wonder what the Forum was like way back when. A disgruntled Chiffster, who quit the Forum right before the lockdown, thought it was time to revive this beauty. But no, I do not plan to revive "Farewell Friends and Morons."
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

Another classic thread is It's Sickening, but, alas, it's no more to be posted in.
Reasonable person
Walden
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

I can't believe how out of control the whistle threads are. I think all whistle topics should be on one sticky thread.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Walden wrote:Another classic thread is It's Sickening, but, alas, it's no more to be posted in.
If you'd like me to "over-share" some more, I think I can probably get another one rolling along . . . :)
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

jGilder wrote:I think all whistle topics should be on one sticky thread.
They're all in one sticky forum. Click on "Chiff and Fipple Forums Forum Index" and you'll see them. Just above the flute forum. Or, if you can't be bothered, here they are: http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewforum.php?f=1
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
pixyy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Just updating my profile after 16+ years of C&F membership. Sold most of my flutes, play the ones I still own and occasionally still enjoy coming here and read about flute related subjects.

Post by pixyy »

I started off reading the first page thinking, "Wow, nice to see Bob around again, what crawled up his sleeve?"
and "Steve Power's back! Steve Power??!!"
It's then I checked the date and realised it's from 2002...

I reflected on the fact that I must have read that thread before
and that I've been visiting this board almost daily for 5 years.... :party:

I have a life.
It just has Chiff and Fipple in it
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

pixyy wrote:I started off reading the first page thinking, "Wow, nice to see Bob around again, what crawled up his sleeve?"
and "Steve Power's back! Steve Power??!!"
It's then I checked the date and realised it's from 2002...

I reflected on the fact that I must have read that thread before
and that I've been visiting this board almost daily for 5 years.... :party:

I have a life.
It just has Chiff and Fipple in it
Makes my 3 years seem like a newb, noob, whippersnapper, pup.

There have been some other great flame threads. Remember the good old "station" threads? What about Talbot? And the more recent CD flames?
Then of course the never ending political flamewars. Adds a bit of spice I'd say.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
pixyy
Tell us something.: Just updating my profile after 16+ years of C&F membership. Sold most of my flutes, play the ones I still own and occasionally still enjoy coming here and read about flute related subjects.

Post by pixyy »

Actually, to economise my Chiff-time I started to avoid all political, religious or otherwise heated topics and instead focusing entirely upon threads about music, whistles, flutes and general silliness.

Especially the silliness... :P
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Nice to see ya, Pixxy!!
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

pixyy wrote:Actually, to economise my Chiff-time I started to avoid all political, religious or otherwise heated topics and instead focusing entirely upon threads about music, whistles, flutes and general silliness.

long live the silliness... :D
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Denny

Post by Denny »

Tyler Morris wrote:
pixyy wrote:Actually, to economise my Chiff-time I started to avoid all political, religious or otherwise heated topics and instead focusing entirely upon threads about music, whistles, flutes and general silliness.

long live the silliness... :D
seems likely, eh! :D
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Whistleworks wrote:My friends,

I haven't posted or even stopped to read anything on this site for several months. The reason is because of the flame wars and the shallow comments made by so many. Granted, there are a few out there who continue to post to this site and respond with lovely words which are always appropriate.

A person who calls themselves "chance" posted a recent note about his or her being recognized as a whistle player. I thought that it is always wonderful when someone singles you out for your instrument or the type of music that you play. But as I read the responses to the post, I found what I was expecting. There were not a lot of responses that would tell "chance" that the experience was great and how fortunate it is to be recognized, but many (not all) of the responses turned their comments inward about themselves, and not one word about how great "chance's" experience was.

Oh, I won't be like some and just flame away and say "I've had it" and never return to this website, but I do not nor will I ever care about those who will no doubt be critical with me regarding this posting.

I expected better, but what I read confirmed that nothing has changed.

So for those who have more mirrors in their homes than necessary, be as critical as you like. It will only publically display your continued insensitivity toward others.

But for those who told "chance" that her being recognized or singled out was a very good thing, I applaud you. You are the exception here.

Bob Pegritz
Hmmm... Not everyone who shares an experience is necessarily trying to hog attention ... sometimes people are just affirming anothers' experience by giving corroborating evidence.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Well, I wasn't really wondering what the forum was like way way back when. I miss the political stuff scattered about here and there, even though I hardly read it. So a few weeks ago was way back when to me! :lol:

I need to check the dates on things before I start reading them :roll: .
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

Cynth wrote:Well, I wasn't really wondering what the forum was like way way back when. I miss the political stuff scattered about here and there, even though I hardly read it. So a few weeks ago was way back when to me! :lol:
I miss the political stuff scattered about here and there too. But look on the bright side; the people who just like the "silliness" won't become disoriented and are able to find the threads they enjoy now without getting lost. Image
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Well, we like silliness too. Mr. Birthday Suit. :lol: We don't want to re-hash the discussion, RIGHT???? RIGHT. Back to whatever was being talked about folks.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca