Leap-Sheep

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

Cynth wrote:Lamby, where did you get that cute picture? Did you draw it? It's hard to imagine that you would just run across something so perfect. It looks just like Dread Pirate Rackham in her little jollyboat. :lol: You should post that at the end of the Pirate Thread too. It would be so fitting.
Slude-dude found a website with them . . . cute!

It would be hard to imagine that I could draw something so perfect. :roll:
Cynth wrote:amar, did you pass those medical school exams?
Apparently not . . . he thinks that gas mask is a birth defect.
SteveK
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by SteveK »

Cynth wrote:There's the spirit! You know, SteveK, I've meaning to ask you why that sweet little boy is wearing a gas mask. I just can't seem to figure that out.
That's my grandson, Adam. The mask was part of his fireman's outfit. He's at least a couple years older now than when the picture was taken.

I'm not sure how sweet he is. He's sweet on the ladies though.
Cathy Wilde
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Cathy Wilde »

As Denny has pointed out before ;-), here I go, stating the obvious ....

..... I'm just glad he was merely jumping OVER the sheep.

FWIW, the image manip's pretty good.

BTW, my farm was a sheep operation before I bought it. From the multitude of bones scattered around the pasture, I'd say the local coyotes weren't doing anything nearly so lighthearted and frolicsome, alas.

OK, back to the funny people now .... :-)
Last edited by Cathy Wilde on Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

Tyler Morris wrote:
Lambchop wrote:As you can see, some think the practice of dogs using sheep as some sort of . . . of . . . athletic equipment . . . is humorous.

Best ignore them, Cynth . . . perhaps they will desist before I have to open my flute case . . .
All right, all right, it was lame, I'm sorry.
Da bomb.

Will O'
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Cathy Wilde wrote:BTW, my farm was a sheep operation before I bought it. From the multitude of bones scattered around the pasture, I'd say the local coyotes weren't doing anything nearly so lighthearted and frolicsome, alas.
Oooo . . . perhaps I shan't be visiting after all . . . :o
Denny

Post by Denny »

I'm with buddhu :D
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Denny wrote:I'm with buddhu :D
Well, I confess, I have played . . . similar games . . . in my time and it was . . . err . . . fun.

Yes, it was. <Ahem.> :)
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

I've only just found this thread and it's on page 4 already. I must say I thought it was hilarious. What's Cornwall got to do with it?

I'm going back to sleep now.

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

What I never understand with sheep, when I see a field of them, there's always at least a couple limping.

You don't see cows limping nearly as often. It's odd.

I can just imagine them complaining to each other "Gone and tripped on a sharp rock again. Third time this week. Someone really should do something about it. Bah."
buddhu

Post by buddhu »

amar wrote:
buddhu wrote::oops: Er, actually it totally cracked me up... :D :D :oops:
hush now, don't spoil this. :wink:
Nah, just kidding.

There's something wrong wid the guy...
And whether the blood be highland, lowland or no.
And whether the skin be black or white as the snow.
Of kith and of kin we are one, be it right, be it wrong.
As long as our hearts beat true to the lilt of a song.
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

So everyone fails to see what's going on here?

I think Tyler knows. The sheer absurdity of the wolf leap-sheeping!

It's a metaphore people!!!!

Lambchops knows it and has gone out of the way to distract our attention from the fact that the sheep are not the victims!!!!!

Oh yes, I'm telling all, flute case or no.

Eons ago sheep and wolves lived in symbiotic harmony. A treaty that existed from the elders of old. Then one day the sheep became greedy. They wanted no part of a healthy relationship. They insisted the wolves bow to their demands. The wolves, knowing it meant starvation, refused but wanted nothing more then to leave and join with the goats. Again the sheep scoffed and devised a diaboloic conspiracy. Their leaders, glutted with power lust, organized the slaughter of their own innocent sheep to make the wolves look guilty. Naturally the human slaves of the sheep villified the peaceful wolves and began a centuries long slaughter of wolves that continues to this day.

Now I must leave. I fear for my safety. I hear a faint "baaa". They're coming!!!
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Flyingcursor wrote:So everyone fails to see what's going on here?

I think Tyler knows. The sheer absurdity of the wolf leap-sheeping!

It's a metaphore people!!!!

Lambchops knows it and has gone out of the way to distract our attention from the fact that the sheep are not the victims!!!!!

Oh yes, I'm telling all, flute case or no.

Eons ago sheep and wolves lived in symbiotic harmony. A treaty that existed from the elders of old. Then one day the sheep became greedy. They wanted no part of a healthy relationship. They insisted the wolves bow to their demands. The wolves, knowing it meant starvation, refused but wanted nothing more then to leave and join with the goats. Again the sheep scoffed and devised a diaboloic conspiracy. Their leaders, glutted with power lust, organized the slaughter of their own innocent sheep to make the wolves look guilty. Naturally the human slaves of the sheep villified the peaceful wolves and began a centuries long slaughter of wolves that continues to this day.

Now I must leave. I fear for my safety. I hear a faint "baaa". They're coming!!!

...back with a vengeance....
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
flanum
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Post by flanum »

four legs good two legs baaad!
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Martin Milner wrote:What I never understand with sheep, when I see a field of them, there's always at least a couple limping.
It's a consequence of gamboling and frolicking. If you're going to engage in risky sports . . . you have to expect to pay the price sooner or later.

<reads on, expecting to see delightfully Chiffy prose>

Hmmm, I see Fly has written something . . . uh oh . . . oh no! why, Fly seems to be a . . . I shudder to say it . . . a . . . conspiracy theorist!

Oh dear! Oh dear! Where are the deprogrammers? Daaaale! Oh, Daaaale!

Oooh! What a terrifying picture! Such horrible teeth! What people won't draw to get their way with others!

Next thing you know, there will be woolens burning on my lawn! Aaack! Daaaaale!
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

Lambchop wrote:
Cathy Wilde wrote:BTW, my farm was a sheep operation before I bought it. From the multitude of bones scattered around the pasture, I'd say the local coyotes weren't doing anything nearly so lighthearted and frolicsome, alas.
Oooo . . . perhaps I shan't be visiting after all . . . :o
Well .... according to neighbors, my farm's former owners would keep lambs in the kitchen when the weather got bad during spring lambing (imagine the intense scrubbings that floor has gotten since my taking over!). So there's a precedent -- and, as you seem quite civilized, I guess you can stay in the house. :D
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.