Aarrr!!!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

Dread Pirate Rackham wrote:Avast! Move yer patch off yer one good eye, ye scalawag! That's no butter knife in that avatar!
Arrrr! Well, sink me! Ye are a true buccaneer after all, matey. Prepare to weigh anchor. Sail ho! I see a jollyboat yonder that looks to be sailing low in the water. I'm thinking ye'll be havin' pieces o'eight fer yer grub. Arrr!
Swashbuckler Grainne O'Malley wrote: Belay that Ethel nonsense.
Arrrr! Ye have the honor to be addressed by Calico Ethel Rackham.
Avast ye blaggard Grainne O'Malley! Yer tidy gam may cause some old sea dogs to hoist their sails but yer saucy gambolings don't make me timbers shiver a wit. Ye are guilty of an offense for which keelhauling would be too good.

Ye seem to find the fine name o' Ethel a rum thing. Me name, which I proudly bear, comes from the German and means "noble".

The picture of the addled dame ye show canna be from our time, perhaps you engage in a bit o' witchcraft, eh? I would turn ye in and let ye be judged by landlubbers, but me tendency is to avoid those scurvy rats altogether.

Yer choices are two. Ye can apologize and swab the head fer a year's time or ye can walk the plank and feed the fish. The old salts don't take well to public floggin' o' wenches. Arrrr!
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

Calico Ethel Rackham wrote: Arrrr! Ye have the honor to be addressed by Calico Ethel Rackham
By Blackbeard's balls! 'Twas not me aim to cause offence. Stand down, good, stout-hearted Ethel; don't tip me the black spot, I pray you. 'Twas just a passing aversion; a whim. I vow, the name grows on me...and you confer nobility on it, wielding as mighty a cutlass as any! As for the image of that witless wench, it was no witchcraft ... 'twas just a jest, a fancy... perhaps a fever-dream, or brought on by too many dippers of grog, mayhap; I'd never dream of sporting such frippery and folderol on deck.

I offer you me apologies, indeed. It's a feckless minx I am. Let us not scuffle in the scuppers to scandalize the sea-dogs and amuse the lubbers. A tot of grog on it?
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Dread Pirate Rackham wrote:Aye, be ye flyin' the Jolly Roger and yer socks?
Arrrr! Me and the mates stitched a very becomin' flag fer Iron Jack Bonney if I do say so. Those tars is handy with the needle. Arrrr!
ImageImage
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
djm

Post by djm »

Oh, dear, I ... don't think I quite have a handle on this patch business. I mean, I bought the biggest patch I could find to ensure ample coverage, but I can still hear everything perfectly well through my left ear. Where am I going wrong.

Perplexed Down Below
:boggle:
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Swashbuckler Grainne O'Malley wrote:I offer you me apologies, indeed. It's a feckless minx I am. Let us not scuffle in the scuppers to scandalize the sea-dogs and amuse the lubbers. A tot of grog on it?
Arrrr! Begad bucko, ye do have a way with words. Yer but a lass yet and ye know not the ways of us poxy dogs. I'll gladly share me rum and jollyboat with you. Better to dance with Jack Ketch together than alone, eh? Dread Pirate Rackham come splice the mainbrace with us and bring yer swag so's we can divy it up while the lads are swabbin' the head.
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

Calico Ethel Rackham wrote: I'll gladly share me rum and jollyboat with you. Better to dance with Jack Ketch together than alone, eh? Dread Pirate Rackham come splice the mainbrace with us and bring yer swag so's we can divy it up while the lads are swabbin' the head.
A merry idea indeed, by Bluebeard's bollocks! If I judge the riotous chanteys to leeward aright, the lads’ll be spending plenty o’ time in the head; though not swabbing it, I’ll wager...sounds like they've breached a cask of Jamaica's finest. Let’s us divvy up the loot, nick that Jolly Socks pennon ('tis far too elegant for the likes o' Iron Jack), and be off, mateys; for on the morrow, we must don dreary landlubber gear and doff our eye-patches.
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Iron Mary Vane
A pirate's life isn't easy; it takes a tough person. That's okay with you, though, since you a tough person. You tend to blend into the background occaisionally, but that's okay, because it's much easier to sneak up on people and disembowel them that way. Arr!

Harrharr
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Dirty Charity Rackham and Iron Mary Vane I didn't notice the two o' ye a standing there. Ye appear to be just the sort o' fine lady corsairs we be looking for. Come share the grog with Swashbuckler Grainne O'Malley, Dread Pirate Rackham, and me. Twill be the last cup before we must, as Grainne has foretold, "don dreary landlubber gear and doff our eye-patches." A sad tune on the whistle would be most welcome.

Fairs winds until a year hence mateys!
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

Thank'ee kindly.
Charlene
scottielvr

Post by scottielvr »

<drains cup, staggers and weaves a little, trips over sack of swag>

Ay, me hearties! Next year, we'll do "Pirate Jenny" again! Arrrr! *hic
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Oooh! Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum! <belches daintily> Harrrr!

Someone help me back into this lifeboat, please . . . <yawn> . . .
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

What a gang! :lol: :lol:
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Cynth wrote:What a gang! :lol: :lol:
Aye! Air ye gang down the plank wid tha bottl' o' rum?? I'll gang wid ya.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Look! Photographs from yesterday's fun!

Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Lambchop wrote:
Nanohedron wrote:I be Iron Jack Bonney, I do. No-one be messin wit da likes o' Iron Jack Bonney, I tells ye. Arr.
Aye, be ye flyin' the Jolly Roger and yer socks?
Nay, Jolly Roger stays right well betucked away in me trews lest I catch da pox or a untimely trip to da matrimonial altar's clutches. And a pox on socks. Arr.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician