Fred Rose Whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Whistling Willie
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love whistling and I have been a member of this forum for many years now.I have found it very informative and helpful over the years that I have been here.

Fred Rose Whistle

Post by Whistling Willie »

I sent Fred Rose an email last week enquiring about his whistles and what sort waiting time there is for one.
He replied to me saying that he only makes them in batches of six,and his next batch will be ready in a few weeks time,out of that batch he will be able to sell me one :D
He has changed the fittings from gold plated brass to hallmarked silver,but assured me that this will not affect the tone.
So I'll be getting my first wooden whistle in a few weeks..and I can't wait :D
I will post a few pics when I get it....which hopefuly won't be too long now.
"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"
Congratulations
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Fred Rose Whistle

Post by Congratulations »

OHOHOH!!!

I'm getting one out of the batch he just finished! He put it in the mail this past wednesday, if I recall correctly. This'll be my first wooden, too!

I'll be sure to tell you how wonderful it is when I get it, to make your wait a little more excruciating. :twisted:
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Whistling Willie
Tell us something.: I love whistling and I have been a member of this forum for many years now.I have found it very informative and helpful over the years that I have been here.

Post by Whistling Willie »

Congratulations,Congratulations :D
I hope you enjoy your whistle.....and don't forget to let me know how good it is :P
"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Great I ordered my first Wooden Whsitle almost two weeks ago a Bleazy I have not gotten it but hopefully soon. Have fun.
Doc Jones

Post by Doc Jones »

Hey Congrats, Fred makes a wonderful tooter. :)

There's nothing quite like that first wooden whistle.

Doc
:) Doc's Book

Want to learn about medicinal herbs?
Doc's Website

Want to become a Clinical Herbalist? Doc's Herb School
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

I fly to the UK in two hours where my wife will be meeting me with my new BLEAZEY!! It's going to be an exciting week for some of us!
kevin m.

Post by kevin m. »

Congratulations!
I used to own a Fred Rose whistle,which I bought about four years ago,
and later sold it to a fellow forum member,as I didn't play it very often.
I thought that the tone was a little too 'pure' for my liking then.Also,to be honest,I don't think that I was ready for such a 'Professional level' instrument at that time!
One thing that cannot be faulted is Fred's workmanship-it is absolutely impeccable.
My whistle was marvelously in tune,and the finish was superb.
However,I did think that the gold plated brass that he used to use was a bit O.T.T.,and looked a little 'tacky'.
The Solid Silver that he is using now will complement the look of the Blackwood whistle body much better,IMHO.
"I blame it on those Lead Fipples y'know."
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

My Rose whistle remains one of my absolute favorites. Once I got it, it was a Very long time until I bought any other whistle.
(Whoa never dies, it just takes a hiatus....)

And what's with those folks that don't like the gold on black?!?!?!?
Don't ya'll wear gold with black when y'all dress up? The whistle is absolutely beautiful!

But alternatively:
How about a shiney brass colored whistle with a screamin' red or green head?
Or a shiney aluminum whistle with a psychedelic swirled fipple? (which I secretly covet, and shall purchase one sooon, I hope)
Or a shiney black rolled tinwhistle with a chunk of wood, and diamonds painted all down the length?

How trad.

Anyway, I am sure the whistle will look great with silver too, I guess Fred caved to popular opinion.

M
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Adrian wrote:I fly to the UK in two hours where my wife will be meeting me with my new BLEAZEY!! It's going to be an exciting week for some of us!
I have to wait til Monday they tried to deliver today but no one was here to sign for it.
FJohnSharp
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

Post by FJohnSharp »

I covet a Rose.
"Meon an phobail a thogail trid an chultur"
(The people’s spirit is raised through culture)

Suburban Symphony
Chiffed

Post by Chiffed »

And what's with those folks that don't like the gold on black?!?!?!?
Don't ya'll wear gold with black when y'all dress up? The whistle is absolutely beautiful!
Wear what you want, but cover your fipples!
Happily tooting when my dogs let me.
Tom Dowling
Tell us something.: Well, I've been a contributor and visitor to this site since 2001. At one time or another, one of my photographs was the opening page photograph. My teacher was Bill Ochs. I play the Penny Whistle. Not a lot else to say.

Post by Tom Dowling »

Whatever the wait may be, it is well worth it.

Tom D.
springrobin
Tell us something.: I play flute, whistle and harp and have been a member on this board for many years. I have tended to be a lurker recently and just posted a response for the first time in quite awhile.

Post by springrobin »

So how do folks like this handle payment? Paypal, charge card or do you have to convert money?
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

springrobin wrote:So how do folks like this handle payment? Paypal, charge card or do you have to convert money?
I paid Fred with Paypal, which converts the money for you. He also takes a check or money order.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up