Cause of Katrina and 9/11 revealed!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Pat Cannady
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Cause of Katrina and 9/11 revealed!

Post by Pat Cannady »

Congratulations wrote:Also,
He said employees at the Christian Broadcasting Network had put together a list of 283 nominees, presenters, and invited guests at the Emmys known to be of sexually deviant persuasions.
Does anyone else smell a little McCarthy in that?
No, not McCarthy...more like Himmler.
Caj
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Caj »

The Weekenders wrote:Everything you know is wrong...sigh...the Internet sure has sped up rumors, etc....and cagey, manipulative people with agendas sure know how to work it. Don't know if that's the case here but no punches are pulled these days....
It looks like the site was just innocent satire that 30 million people mistook for the real thing.

Seriously, if someone wanted to purposely smear Pat Robertson, why would they make up a new quote? He's got plenty of real ones, towit:
Pat Robertson wrote: If the widespread practice of homosexuality will bring about the destruction of your nation, if it will bring about terrorist bombs, if it'll bring about earthquakes, tornadoes and possibly a meteor, it isn't necessarily something we ought to open our arms to.

I would warn Orlando that you're right in the way of some serious hurricanes, and I don't think I'd be waving those flags in God's face if I were you.

-- Pat Robertson, The 700 Club television program, August 6, 1998, on the occasion of the Orlando, Florida, Gay Pride Festival 1998

Caj
Jack

Post by Jack »

I feel sorry for Pat Robertson.

He needs all of us to pray for him.

And people should stop giving him money.
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

oh Lana Turner we love you get up
buddhu

Post by buddhu »

dubhlinn wrote:
kkrell wrote:You're going to believe a site that lists it's own history as:

About Dateline Hollywood

Dateline Hollywood was founded in 360 BC as "Gladiators Weekly" to cover the booming entertainment industry in the coliseums of ancient Rome. Its pioneering analysis of the statistics of lion mauls and emperor thumbs up/down made it the original publication to take the business of entertainment seriously. Its premiere edition included "The Ten Gladiators to Watch" and an analytic feature, "Deaths by Daggers Down LXVIII Percent."

Kevin Krell
" What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Tom Waits.

Slan,
D. :lol:
Perfect, man, absolutely perfect! :D

Scary thing is that I totally accepted it without question... I don't think that I'm that tired, even after the week I just had. Rather I think I'm just that used to the fact that some people just can't accept that there are more kinds of love than they personally are comfortable with.

I find Ellen irritating myself, but that's not because she's gay... it's just because she isn't funny.

My sister is gay and my father is a reactionary C(c)onservative. My sister chose the day of my wedding to tell my dad that she and her girlfriend were going to marry. She asked my advice first and I egged her on. "Go for it", I said.

The reaction was everything I could have hoped for. :twisted:

I reserve the right to become gay at some point in the future if I so choose.
And whether the blood be highland, lowland or no.
And whether the skin be black or white as the snow.
Of kith and of kin we are one, be it right, be it wrong.
As long as our hearts beat true to the lilt of a song.
Jack

Post by Jack »

buddhu wrote:I reserve the right to become gay at some point in the future if I so choose.
No you don't.

Sorry.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Pat usually tries to find someone to blame hurricanes on. I recall the stir a few years ago when he blamed a hurricane hitting Florida on the Walt Disney company (who subsequently bought the former CBN cable network, and named it ABC Family).

Jesus said, in the fifth chapter of St. Matthew's Gospel, "Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust."
Reasonable person
Walden
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

I fell for it too. Quite often when I have not seen a source, I will read the "About" thing, which often gives the names of the people involved if nothing else. Then I look them up and try to figure out what the particular angle of the website is and if the people involved are reputable or not. In this case I didn't do that. It seemed sort of reasonable that he would say that, but what is worse, I think I wanted to believe he said those things because it would further confirm my opinion of him as a lousy person. So that is a good lesson for me which I hope I will not forget!!!!!
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

buddhu wrote:

Scary thing is that I totally accepted it without question... I don't think that I'm that tired, even after the week I just had.
:lol: :lol:

I feel your pain after having a hard week meself :wink:

I fell for it meself but I plead justification on the grounds that nothing, absolutely nothing, surprises me about what you can get away with in America.Not to mention how freaked out they get about funny things...

I was stood beside two American tourists in Dublin one day at a set of traffic lights...when the light turned green, a loud bleeper went off to inform any blind folk who may ,or may not have been around, that it was safe to cross.
One of the tourists sez to me "what is that loud noise for?"
I told them that is was to let blind folk know that the lights had changed.
The other tourist then informed me that - and I quote - " In America, we don't allow blind people to drive".

I sh*t thee not,
Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Okay, so that person was a schlmeil, right? Just trying to get the usage of this word down.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

TV ministries. Just like any host with variety show, they have to fill up time between commercials (even if the whole thing is a commercial). Self-righteousness, which seems to be his special talent, is so uncomely in a religious leader...

My favorite show was This Week in Bible Prophecy with the LaLonde Bros. It was a first-rate gimcrack, with a newsy-desk, a "reporter" and numerous proofs that the world would end and soon. Hey, Revelation is no joke but I calls 'em as I sees 'em. And I'll back back next week, if the Lord don't take me!!

Besides, how could I ever really watch Pat or Oral or Jimmy when I spent more than a few hours with the late, great Dr. Eugene "Gene" Scott. Now THERE was a TV preacher. I bought extra stock in the greaseboard manufacturers just because of his prodigious talents with the markers.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Cynth wrote:Okay, so that person was a schlmeil, right? Just trying to get the usage of this word down.
A Putz.

Slan,
D.
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Oh dear. Jimmy Swaggart. I was in an orange and olive green laundromat with a blaring TV and had the sad honor of being forced to listen to Jimmy Swaggart confess on television about his affair or whatever it was. It really seemed that I had just about ended up as low down in life as a person could. :lol:
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

putz (pŭts)
n.
Slang. A fool; an idiot.
Vulgar Slang. A penis.
intr.v. Slang., putzed, putz·ing, putz·es.
To behave in an idle manner; putter.

[Yiddish pots, penis, fool.]

Oh. Well, that's interesting. The things a person doesn't know.
Denny

Post by Denny »

Cynth wrote:Oh dear. Jimmy Swaggart. I was in an orange and olive green laundromat with a blaring TV and had the sad honor of being forced to listen to Jimmy Swaggart confess on television about his affair or whatever it was. It really seemed that I had just about ended up as low down in life as a person could. :lol:
Thank you! That is just a great picture!

for being so inherently boring some of the strangest things happen in laundromats.