Our Guardian Angel

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Our Guardian Angel

Post by Dale »

djm

Post by djm »

Who's Ian? :boggle:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Tyler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

djm wrote:Who's Ian? :boggle:

djm
Damnit, you beat me to it!! :P
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Jack

Post by Jack »

Tyler Morris wrote:
djm wrote:Who's Ian? :boggle:

djm
Damnit, you beat me to it!! :P
I read it as such as well.
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

"Guard Ian, angel!"
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

So it seems a bit unfair to exhort the angel to guard the little boy but not the little girl.
djm

Post by djm »

She has enough problems without all those feathers.

djm
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

Cynth wrote:So it seems a bit unfair to exhort the angel to guard the little boy but not the little girl.
Maybe she's the antichrist and the angel is protecting the boy from her :P
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

*sigh* No. Actually, it is the little girl who is saying "Guard Ian, angel." ---you can see her gesturing toward the angel with her whistle as she gives her instructions. The little girl is running things. She is clearly smart enough to take care of herself. However, she is very busy and Ian is so helpless, though cute, that she needs the help of the angel to guard him from all the trouble he is going to get into.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Tyler Morris wrote:
Cynth wrote:So it seems a bit unfair to exhort the angel to guard the little boy but not the little girl.
Maybe she's the antichrist and the angel is protecting the boy from her :P
I thought they were both girls... :-?
SteveK

Post by SteveK »

When an angel is flying up to heaven up in the sky, what good are its wings once it gets out of the earth's atmosphere? Actually, what good are the wings anyway. Can't they just fly like Superman or Captain Marvel? They don't need wings.
djm

Post by djm »

That's a rather androgynous looking angel, to boot. :wink:

djm
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

No, the child on the left is Ian, a little boy. This is a sort of stylized picture in which a girl would always be wearing a dress, an angel would always have wings, and a little boy would always have short hair and a brown jacket. (I admit that the lavender pullover part of a sweater set that he is wearing is slightly strange.) He is holding a dandelion to show he has been playing boys' games out in vacant lots.
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

And why is the angel's tie magically tying (or untying) itself?
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
Jack

Post by Jack »

Cynth wrote:No, the child on the left is Ian, a little boy. This is a sort of stylized picture in which a girl would always be wearing a dress, an angel would always have wings, and a little boy would always have short hair and a brown jacket. (I admit that the lavender pullover part of a sweater set that he is wearing is slightly strange.) He is holding a dandelion to show he has been playing boys' games out in vacant lots.
I read, or was told, or watched on television that all the Angels ever mentioned in the Bible are men, but I can't remember if I heard it in class, watched it on television (back when I had one) or read it...