My Witticism of the Day:

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

My Witticism of the Day:

Post by Nanohedron »

So I find out that one of our sales personnel is moving to Oregon soon. "I suppose that would make you an Oregon transplant, then", sez I. Well, she thought it was funny.

I'm sure it's been said before. :roll:

(edited because I apparently can't tell single from plural)
Last edited by Nanohedron on Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

:D
susnfx
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by susnfx »

I'd have probably thrown something at you.

I'll add this little tidbit here (stuck it in a hurricane thread somewhere too):
My boss was browsing through the "safe" and "searching for" lists on MSNBC and found this message:

MESSAGE: Daisy Mabel, I'm safe! (the ethmay is in the oveboxglay

Susan
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Hilarious!
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Denny

Post by Denny »

it is hard to beat southern humor!
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

I must admit, Susan, the first time that I read that on the other thread, I didn't get it, and I read it several times. I had forgotten all about pig latin. Now I can have a good laugh.
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Better luck tomorrow :lol:

Slan,
D. :wink:
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

:lol: :lol:
Jack

Post by Jack »

Iway ovelay Igpay Atinlay! I'veway okenspay itway orfay earsyay, andway itway evernay etsgay oldway orway oringbay, especiallyway ithway idskay anginghay aroundway, eythay alwaysway inkthay itsway osway oolcay. :)
Jack

Post by Jack »

Ohway, andway onway erhay atestlay albumway (Anvay Earlay Oseray, orway omethingsay ikelay atthay) Orettalay Ynnlay ashay away ongsay ithway ethay uygay omfray ethay Itewhay Ipesstray alledcay Ortlandpay Oregonway, andway eshay onstantlycay ayssay "organway" insteadway ofway "Oregonway." Erhay onunciationpay isway indakay unnyfay allway aroundway otay istenlay otay, anywayway.

I'mway upposedspay otay ebay oingday ymay athmay omeworkhay ightray ownay utbay avinghay away ancechay otay eakspay inway Igpay Atinlay isway irresistableway, ausecay Iway evernay etgay otay otay oday itway...ahway ahway. :P
Band Nerd

Post by Band Nerd »

:lol: :lol: I can't help but laugh!! :lol: :lol:
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

Cranberry wrote:Ohway, andway onway erhay atestlay albumway (Anvay Earlay Oseray, orway omethingsay ikelay atthay) Orettalay Ynnlay ashay away ongsay ithway ethay uygay omfray ethay Itewhay Ipesstray alledcay Ortlandpay Oregonway, andway eshay onstantlycay ayssay "organway" insteadway ofway "Oregonway." Erhay onunciationpay isway indakay unnyfay allway aroundway otay istenlay otay, anywayway.

I'mway upposedspay otay ebay oingday ymay athmay omeworkhay ightray ownay utbay avinghay away ancechay otay eakspay inway Igpay Atinlay isway irresistableway, ausecay Iway evernay etgay otay otay oday itway...ahway ahway. :P
When we were on a school biology field-trip when I was 16, we were in the minibus one day using exactly this kind of talk to plot with each other an illicit trip to the pub that evening. We were completely horrified when the teacher, who was driving the minibus, turned round and started to talk to us fluently in exactly the same language!

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

SteveShaw wrote:
Cranberry wrote:Ohway, andway onway erhay atestlay albumway (Anvay Earlay Oseray, orway omethingsay ikelay atthay) Orettalay Ynnlay ashay away ongsay ithway ethay uygay omfray ethay Itewhay Ipesstray alledcay Ortlandpay Oregonway, andway eshay onstantlycay ayssay "organway" insteadway ofway "Oregonway." Erhay onunciationpay isway indakay unnyfay allway aroundway otay istenlay otay, anywayway.

When we were on a school biology field-trip when I was 16, we were in the minibus one day using exactly this kind of talk to plot with each other an illicit trip to the pub that evening. We were completely horrified when the teacher, who was driving the minibus, turned round and started to talk to us fluently in exactly the same language!

Steve

Uh, it took y'all to age 16 to figure this out? Led protected lives, did you?

:lol:
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Lambchop wrote:
SteveShaw wrote:

Steve

jeeeez, no kidding :P I guess there many kids that think pig latin came about in their generation...
nowadays, when my chums and I want to say something in secret, we say it in Welsh; almost no one in Utah speaks Welsh :D .
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Jack

Post by Jack »

Tyler Morris wrote:
Lambchop wrote:
SteveShaw wrote: When we were on a school biology field-trip when I was 16, we were in the minibus one day using exactly this kind of talk to plot with each other an illicit trip to the pub that evening. We were completely horrified when the teacher, who was driving the minibus, turned round and started to talk to us fluently in exactly the same language!

Steve

jeeeez, no kidding :P I guess there many kids that think pig latin came about in their generation...
nowadays, when my chums and I want to say something in secret, we say it in Welsh; almost no one in Utah speaks Welsh :D .
I have found that there are a (surprisingly) large number of people in Kentucky who speak German, some natively.