I Swear I Work with Animals...

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

djm wrote:
Cynth wrote:This is very disturbing. I had not thought to be looking for that which is mentioned in the sign everywhere. Are they everywhere? Geez.
What goes on in men's washrooms is nothing to what I have had to clean up in women's washrooms. I'm not sure why a woman would feel the need to advertise to other women what time of the month it is by pasting those used things to the walls of the stalls.

djm

Oh, dear! I think I feel faint . . . :o

You're right, though. Women are the worst . . .
Cotelette d'Agneau
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

Thank goodness I've never seen anything like that. It must be a sick person who does something like that.

Actually, I believe I did once and I was very shocked. I could not understand if the person was being cruel to the custodian who should not have to dispose of personal things like that or trying to disturb everyone in general. You have my sympathies, djm. Actually, all custodial workers do.
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

jGilder wrote:When I work with animals I swear too -- they don't know I'm swearing.

(I wonder if I'll get attacked for using bad humor now... I definately deserve it this time.)
Actually, I think it's Lambchop who has the Baaaad humor.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

djm wrote:
Cynth wrote:This is very disturbing. I had not thought to be looking for that which is mentioned in the sign everywhere. Are they everywhere? Geez.
What goes on in men's washrooms is nothing to what I have had to clean up in women's washrooms. I'm not sure why a woman would feel the need to advertise to other women what time of the month it is by pasting those used things to the walls of the stalls.
I used to sub for the custodian when I worked at the Public Library. The thing the astonished me was that, contrary to what I would have thought, the women's rest room graffiti was far worse and much more vulgar than what was in the men's rest room. A lot of my delusions about women were shattered, needless to say.
BigDavy

Vulgar Rest Rooms

Post by BigDavy »

jGilder said
the women's rest room graffiti was far worse and much more vulgar than what was in the men's rest room
Too right JG, in my younger days I worked in a working man's club and that was our final job of the saturday night, cleaning out the ladies toilet as our cleaners refused to do it on sunday. We used the fire hose. I guarantee you the gents was as nothing to the ladies. And my god the graffiti was vulgar and libellous and far worse than the gents. When it comes to filthy minds us poor men are no competition.

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Cynth wrote:
Sign wrote:"Keep your boogers in your nose! or on tissue
paper Please
Room is a no booger area"

This is very disturbing.

Tell me about it.
Cynth wrote:I had not thought to be looking for that which is mentioned in the sign everywhere. Are they everywhere? Geez. nano, are those items all over the shop restroom?
"Items"... :lol: Apparently in the stall, anyway. I could plead that I never noticed 'cause I'm a guy and that would explain everything, but the reality is that I almost never use the stall. More TMI, I suppose...
Cynth wrote:Or is the person who made the sign sort of crazy?
I have to reply both "no" and "yes". It's nearly impossible to differentiate in the case of the mechanic, who I was told, put it up, I'm afraid. In any event, he's a very valued employee, and has gained even more points on my list, not that he needs them.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Nanohedron wrote:
Cynth wrote:
Sign wrote:"Keep your boogers in your nose! or on tissue
paper Please
Room is a no booger area"

This is very disturbing.

Tell me about it.
Cynth wrote:I had not thought to be looking for that which is mentioned in the sign everywhere. Are they everywhere? Geez. nano, are those items all over the shop restroom?
"Items"... :lol: Apparently in the stall, anyway. I could plead that I never noticed 'cause I'm a guy and that would explain everything, but the reality is that I almost never use the stall. More TMI, I suppose...
I have to reply both "no" and "yes". It's nearly impossible to differentiate in the case of the mechanic, who I was told, put it up, I'm afraid. In any event, he's a very valued employee, and has gained even more points on my list, not that he needs them.
Ugh....
The mechanics at my garage don't do foul things like that in the stalls (at least not that I can see)...but then again, there are only five of us working there...
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

BigDavy wrote:We used the fire hose. I guarantee you the gents was as nothing to the ladies.
:lol: Oh, I really do feel sorry for you guys. I have not been in a gents, so I guess I can't compare. I guess I have seen vulgar graffitti, but I just assumed the men's would be worse. I don't think I'm going to launch a research project on it though. I think a lot of women would not be doing things like that though----please don't think we are all that way, many of us keep our vulgar thoughts to ourselves at least :lol:.

nano wrote:
Well, if he works hard and promotes cleanliness, no further inquiries are necessary.
djm

Post by djm »

Cynth wrote:please don't think we are all that way, many of us keep our vulgar thoughts to ourselves at least
How disappointing. :lol:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

Lambchop wrote:Don't you just love bathroom signs? I do.
If you sprinkle
When you tinkle
Please be neat
And wipe the seat.
The Scottish version goes:

If you sprinkle
When you tinkle
Be a sweetie
Wipe the seatie

The gents' bogs at the Tree Inn where I do most of my playing has recently been upgraded. No more pools of p*ss, no more crumbling plaster, the black mould's gone, no more bogies wiped on to the wall. It's all very well but it's bloody ruined the acoustics.

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

My favorite bathroom sign read:

"Please do not leave cigarette butts in the urinal.
It makes them soggy and hard to light.
Thank you.
The Management"
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
SteveShaw

Post by SteveShaw »

Nanohedron wrote:My favorite bathroom sign read:

"Please do not leave cigarette butts in the urinal.
It makes them soggy and hard to light.
Thank you.
The Management"
We don't have urinals in our bathrooms in the UK. Heheh! When I was at university in the 60s my college canteen had a particularly bad reputation. On the Botany dept. toilet wall, several blocks away (as you guys would have it) was etched the words "Sh*t hard - it's a long way to the refectory."

Steve

jbarter

Post by jbarter »

I like the two signs on the public toilets by Mousehole harbour. Right next to the one saying Gents is another one saying No Dumping. :D
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
SteveShaw

Post by SteveShaw »

jbarter wrote:I like the two signs on the public toilets by Mousehole harbour. Right next to the one saying Gents is another one saying No Dumping. :D
Outside the gents in Stratton, near Bude, just underneath the "Gentlemen" sign is another sign which says "No ball games."

Steve

amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

jGilder wrote:
djm wrote:
I used to sub for the custodian when I worked at the Public Library. The thing the astonished me was that, contrary to what I would have thought, the women's rest room graffiti was far worse and much more vulgar than what was in the men's rest room. A lot of my delusions about women were shattered, needless to say.
delusions about women. shattered.
but it was fun to read. :D