Adam, Eve and T. Rex

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

Oh, Bloomie, please just drink these five martinis here. Let's do something fun. Do you do the tango? I could watch you while you do it.
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

Cynth wrote:Oh, Bloomie, please just drink these five martinis here. Let's do something fun. Do you do the tango? I could watch you while you do it.
It takes two to tango.
Reasonable person
Walden
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

Walden wrote:It takes two to tango.
Or three if you don't want to hum the tune yourself.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

jbarter wrote:Or three if you don't want to hum the tune yourself.
Unless, like me, you've got one of these.
Reasonable person
Walden
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

Walden wrote:Unless, like me, you've got one of these.
Didn't Hannibal Lector play one of those?
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Aside from the fact that nobody here reads H. P. Lovecraft....

Blackwood Since you're worried about it.

In the world of Internet message boards there are terms applied to people who post based on the nature of their posts. TelegramSam had a great link that I no longer have. In one particular case a person who starts topics with the intent of causing arguments and making people angry is called a "Troll".

In the story, "The Three Billy Goats Gruff" there is a mythological creature called a "Troll" that lives under a bridge.

You're posts appear to be designed to cause disruption and arguments, not simply a case of expressing your opinion. Therefore they would be trolling. So if A = B and A = C then B = C.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
emmline

Post by emmline »

Flyingcursor wrote:You're posts appear to be designed to cause disruption and arguments, not simply a case of expressing your opinion.
Blackwood, I'm sorry to say I agree with Fly on this. At least, that's how they come across to me.
Ironically, the subjects of interest to you and pov you express are things we very likely have in common, but I'm terribly reluctant to join any threads in support of your views because I don't like the tone and I don't want to appear to be in league with the attitude.
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

emmline wrote:
Flyingcursor wrote:You're posts appear to be designed to cause disruption and arguments, not simply a case of expressing your opinion.
Blackwood, I'm sorry to say I agree with Fly on this.
Is it <i>that</i> bad to agree with Fly? :lol:
At least, that's how they come across to me.
Ironically, the subjects of interest to you and pov you express are things we very likely have in common, but I'm terribly reluctant to join any threads in support of your views because I don't like the tone and I don't want to appear to be in league with the attitude.
I've never thought of your posts as even remotely trolling btw even though we disagree heartily on the whole religion thingy.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

Flyingcursor wrote:
emmline wrote:
Blackwood, I'm sorry to say I agree with Fly on this.
Is it <i>that</i> bad to agree with Fly? :lol:
At least, that's how they come across to me.
I've never thought of your posts as even remotely trolling btw even though we disagree heartily on the whole religion thingy.
I think this is a very important point.

We've had many great discussions among people with diverse and opposing views that didn't degenerate into the kind of chaos that has been happening of late.

There is a very definite pattern of aggressive trolling by two or three individuals recently, which has nothing whatever to do with differences of opinion or point of view. This has driven away some of the people who used to participate actively in such discussions, and their loss is very much to the detriment of the quality of dialog on this board. It is appropriate for members of the board to complain loudly about this disregard for the amity and mutual respect that has been a hallmark of this community.

Best wishes,
Jerry
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

I'm with Jerry.

As it happens I agree with a lot of the views that jGilder expresses, and am even glad to see them expressed by a Merkin rather than by a whining old-European wimp like myself. I can even understand his sense of outrage.

But I do think that it would be better if he had established himself as a contributor to C&F on music/whistle issues first, and maintained a sense of balance in relation to posting on- and off-topic issues.

So do a self-assessment, jG: what proportion of your posts have been on music/whistle issues, what proportion on launching new or newish OT discussions and what proportion on dogfighting with people who respond to the latter?

Now can we get back to discussing what kind of whistle Andrea Corr plays, and whether she looks best in the little black number or not?
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

jbarter wrote:
Nah, That was Bob Dylan you're thinkin' about.

They are often mistaken for each other.

Slan,
D. :wink:
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Roger O'Keeffe wrote:I'm with Jerry...

Now can we get back to discussing what kind of whistle Andrea Corr plays, and whether she looks best in the little black number or not?
Well put. But I am just not down with the skinny chicks!
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

dubhlinn wrote:
jbarter wrote:
Nah, That was Bob Dylan you're thinkin' about.

They are often mistaken for each other.

Slan,

Oh, now I see the resemblence :P
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
dubhlinn

Post by dubhlinn »

Take care of all your memories. For you cannot relive them.
Bob Dylan

Slan,
And many a poor man that has roved,
Loved and thought himself beloved,
From a glad kindness cannot take his eyes.

W.B.Yeats
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

I thought I might be able to find a nice atmospheric photo of the waifish one playing the harmonica, but I'm afraid that this is the best that google could come up with:
http://www.angelfire.com/folk/kensson/l ... Dylan.html

A bit harsh.
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar