whistle abuse

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
talimirr743
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by talimirr743 »

I absolutely resent the fact that you treat your musical instruments that way :moreevil: !!! I play many different instruments,call me wierd, but I like to treat my instruments more like human beings(even the cheapies),even to the point of giving my instruments names. You should be ashamed of your self! :moreevil: :moreevil: :moreevil:
Chiffed

Post by Chiffed »

Andy: Whatever floats yer boat, dude. If it keeps you from smacking around people, thats great.
Happily tooting when my dogs let me.
talimirr743

Post by talimirr743 »

Henke wrote:There have been some points when I've gotten really frustrated and banged my fists bloody against a concrete wall
I do the exact same thing.
Scott McCallister
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Scott McCallister »

:really: sheeshwhatawhackjob! :boggle:

You usually don't see this kind of thing on an instrument with so little backpressure... sometimes with trumpets when they play too high too long. Oboes on the other hand.... ooof ... Now there's some backpressure. It just snaps their little minds, God bless 'em....

:lol: :lol: :D :lol: :lol:
There's and old Irish saying that says pretty much anything you want it to.

talimirr743

Post by talimirr743 »

I play trumpet too, but I don't do that. :(
Denny

Post by Denny »

talimirr743 wrote:I absolutely resent the fact that you treat your musical instruments that way :moreevil: !!! I play many different instruments,call me wierd, but I like to treat my instruments more like human beings(even the cheapies),even to the point of giving my instruments names. You should be ashamed of your self! :moreevil: :moreevil: :moreevil:
Okay, you're wierd...

So, do you know a lot of cheap people? :o
Crysania

Post by Crysania »

So this was a joke, right?

~Crysania
<i>~`~"I have nothing to say and I'm saying it." <blockquote>-- John Cage~`~</blockquote></i>
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

I would be happy to think so. I thought it was true. I don't know.
Fishie

Re: whistle abuse

Post by Fishie »

andymac wrote:the Generation was bent double over my knee, bent again and then snapped in two.
LMAO! I've hurled a few whistles. That's why I had to go and buy a hoover whitecap for my feadog. Those cheap caps can't handle much more than a 30 mph impact. The urge to throw the thing across the room is still there, but I've managed to control it a bit better.

I've never broken one over my knee, though! I'm cracking up here! lol!

:)
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

I think it's true and there are at least two of them apparently. :wink:
talimirr743

Post by talimirr743 »

Denny wrote:
talimirr743 wrote:I absolutely resent the fact that you treat your musical instruments that way :moreevil: !!! I play many different instruments,call me wierd, but I like to treat my instruments more like human beings(even the cheapies),even to the point of giving my instruments names. You should be ashamed of your self! :moreevil: :moreevil: :moreevil:
Okay, you're wierd...

You can say what you want, I really don't care, but don't be a smartass.
andymac

Post by andymac »

I'm surprised more people don't get angry with whistles. I've attached a picture of a Generation Ex. Apologies for the poor quality of the photograph...I have a very cheap digital camera. However, I didn't trash the camera for taking such a poor picture because he's called Norman.

love and peace

[img][img]http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/48/pict00044sv.jpg[/img][/img]
Denny

Post by Denny »

talimirr743 wrote:
Denny wrote:
Okay, you're wierd...

You can say what you want, I really don't care, but don't be a smartass.
My apologies :oops:

I mistook you for someone with a sense of humor. :o

Oh it breaks my heart to see those stars
Smashing a perfectly good guitar
I don’t know who they think they are
Smashing a perfectly good guitar
John Hyatt
ninjaaron

Post by ninjaaron »

I'm a laid back person, and playing is always pretty much a joy for me. I don't ever really practice to the point of frustration. I'll work on technique a little bit, but if I can't get it, I stop practicing it for a while. Practicing the wrong thing over and over never helped anyone get better. It's not 'practice makes perfect', it's 'perfect practice makes perfect'.

But it's still weird to me that you would even do that.

The closest thing that ever happens to me is that sometimes I get pissed if I'm doing flute R&D and it turns out that I wasted a whole lot of pipe and time for a peice of junk.

Sometimes I'll take the un-usable instruments and wack them against a solid object. This only hurts my hands, as I am using PVC, and it doesn't really break before my hands start hurting. PVC is tough.

As I am a wimp for pain, I have setteled myself to simply through them forcefully into the garbage can be done with it. I cuss at those flutes a lot.

But any instrument that actually works, I am usually delighted with.
Everyone likes music
Ghoeti

Post by Ghoeti »

I know the feeling of frustration with whistles. Once I drove a tractor with chains attached over a feadog that played too sharp, but it got a little too flat after that, and more chromatic as well...
Other habits is banging generations on the edge of tables, which sometimes has worked to fix some ugly notes. Anyways, you should buy an Overton Goldie to suit your problems, and tell him what you don't like about those whistles you have destroyed. I have not had a single anger problem (with whistles that is) since I got my soprano d .
Stay Tuned!!