Sheet music wanted - and survey

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
StevieJ
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Post by StevieJ »

I'm desperately looking for the sheet music for a song called "Three Blind Mice". Can anybody help?

PS I'm looking for a version with the ornamentation marked in :wink:
StevieJ
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Post by StevieJ »

Next question: list your personal top 5 most irritating "signatures" used by people posting to this board.

<font color="blue">The space</font>
<font color="teal">between two notes
is</font><font color="red"> God
</font><font color="green">Oh angels above
help me
</font><font color="black">to play as fast
as our </font><font color="blue">mother Mary
</font><font color="yellow">without <font color="red">squashing
</font><font color="blue">
the baby Jesus

</font><font color="green">-- St Cecil of Spiddal, 1356</font>
ChrisLaughlin

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

:lol:
Stevie,
this is much funnier when you use your own name.
Peace,
Chris
MikeClem
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by MikeClem »

On 2002-06-25 09:24, StevieJ wrote:
I'm desperately looking for the sheet music for a song called "Three Blind Mice". Can anybody help?

Steve,

I know of at least three separate tunes by that name. For some reason, O'Neill's has completely overlooked all of them. If I remember right, Barry Manilow does a pretty nice version on Chieftains 17. I've never tried to transcribe it, though.

MC
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

Yea, but if you don't learn it by ear while under water, then ur not a real musician!!!
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Irritating you, are we, Stevie?
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
Teri-K

Post by Teri-K »

Thank you Steve for a good laugh. I'll be chuckling all day at work.

T
Feadan

Post by Feadan »

On 2002-06-25 09:24, StevieJ wrote:

But in what key, pray tell??? :grin:

Cheers,
David

P.S. Of course if you really want to capture the true essence of this classic tune you need to listen to a master musician play it and then learn it by ear!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Feadan on 2002-06-25 11:06 ]</font>
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Now I'm too intimidated to ask anything on the boards, because I might offend an experienced player with my ignorance. I will, however, think up a much longer and Biblically related signature. :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: blackhawk on 2002-06-25 11:36 ]</font>
burnsbyrne

Post by burnsbyrne »

Steve,
Don't you really mean "Three Visually Challenged Rodents"?

Mike

Oh my god (if there is a god)
Save my soul (if I have a soul)
-The Agnostic's Prayer
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Steve a vvvery interesting post. I can get you a copy in braille if you wish.

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Wandering_Whistler

Post by Wandering_Whistler »

On 2002-06-25 09:58, TelegramSam wrote:
Yea, but if you don't learn it by ear while under water, then ur not a real musician!!!
Dude, you totally forgot half-holing, which by IRTrad Law must be done on a whistle that costs less Euros than the numer of tunes you know, divided by 723. All while played in the style of the only <B>real</B> irish whistler in the world, Yoda O'Brian, who can only be found playing in his cupboard from 3am til 3:07am on the 2nd friday after every harvest moon.

Greg
StevieJ

Post by StevieJ »

On 2002-06-25 11:34, blackhawk wrote:
Now I'm too intimidated to ask anything on the boards, because I might offend an experienced player with my ignorance. I will, however, think up a much longer and Biblically related signature. :smile:
Blackhawk, I'm not offended by ignorance. It does make me smile when people ask for sheet music for tunes that are hardly more difficult than Three Blind Mice. In fact I would say that Jesus Loves Me This I Know (a recent example) is actually far easier to pick up than Three Blind Mice.

"An Dros", to quote another recent example, are a bit like polkas, which are the subject of Jones' 3rd Law of Irish Music:
<blockquote>If someone in a session plays a polka you've never heard, if you can't haven't got it down pat by the the third time through the tune, there's something wrong with you. </blockquote>
(OK OK this is humorous, no need for the ear-learning-challenged to take me to task for this elitist statement!)

As for signatures, I think people should realize that even if they have something to convey the first time you read them, by the 50th time the educational/emotional/humorous content has worn thin.

Personally I had so much religiosity stuffed down my throat when I was a kid that I am allergic to it. I have nothing against religion and faith, BTW, merely the self-conscious parading of it. Isn't there something in the Bible about "empty vessels making lots of noise"? I think that faith is best demonstrated in action, not slogans.
Bloomfield

Post by Bloomfield »

If you find the sheet music, can I get a copy? I've been dying to learn that tune.

Apart from that I think you are narrow-minded insensetive and nasty unredeemed sinner. I encourage you to reform your ways and to entrust your life ot Our Lord Jesus. And remember to take off your hat in church. I Cor. 11:4.
/Bloomfield
blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

On 2002-06-25 11:56, StevieJ wrote:

Blackhawk, I'm not offended by ignorance. It does make me smile when people ask for sheet music for tunes that are hardly more difficult than Three Blind Mice. In fact I would say that Jesus Loves Me This I Know (a recent example) is actually far easier to pick up than Three Blind Mice.
***Good point.

Personally I had so much religiosity stuffed down my throat when I was a kid that I am allergic to it. I have nothing against religion and faith, BTW, merely the self-conscious parading of it. Isn't there something in the Bible about "empty vessels making lots of noise"? I think that faith is best demonstrated in action, not slogans.
I can't argue with you, there.