Bb Whistle

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
fancypiper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fancypiper »

I have a Mack Hoover B whistle that is very hard to put down.

If you aren't looking for volume but for good chiff and sweetness, check out the Whistles by Mack.

I got the Soprano 1/2" CPVC Whistle, Tunable with Brass Trim in B and I am considering ordering the Bb version in black when he gets around to making them.

My Generation Bb isn't bad at all and I have used it since '85. It is just a little "sweeter" with the Blactop fipple I just got. That whistle made it's public debut in church this past weekend for Homecoming.
Whistling Willie
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love whistling and I have been a member of this forum for many years now.I have found it very informative and helpful over the years that I have been here.

Post by Whistling Willie »

Found this earlier on today,he says they are made by Bernard Overton,good prices too,£85 for the Bb :D

http://www.earthvibemusic.com/whistles.htm

Anyone heard off or used this place before??
"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"
dapple

Post by dapple »

A few weeks ago I bought a Bb Composite from Mike Burke at the Dublin Irish Festival. It's a great whistle. There is nothing I don't like about it. I'm thinking that, when the time comes, I will be cremated with it.
~ David
Whistling Willie
Tell us something.: I love whistling and I have been a member of this forum for many years now.I have found it very informative and helpful over the years that I have been here.

Cskinner from the board sent me a clip of her Burke and it sounds very well indeed,I could be very tempted by the Burke :)
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

I have a Burke DASBT which I love it is a pure sounding whistle it is very light weight and I don't think I could find a flaw about it if I tried ok the aluminum is a little thin.
tim-hart
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by tim-hart »

I am IN LOVE with my Burke Bb. It's sultry and sweet with wonderful tone. Dare I say... my jigs and reels sound sexy on this baby. :)
Chiffed

Post by Chiffed »

I'm adoring my O'Brien Bb. Sweet, quiet, flexible, and the dog loves it. When I need to be loud in Bb, my Susato Dublin (made tunable with a little work on the Taig micro-lathe) will peel paint. I think one can weld aluminum with the third octave on Susatos.
Happily tooting when my dogs let me.
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

I have a wooden Thin Weasel that I got from Glenn's family a while back. This is one of the best whistles I've ever played in any material or key. Each note comes out polished and shaped with minimal effort. Very sharp clean transitions between notes. When I selected this whistle back in June (?) I had about 4 to choose from, so there might be one available. Definitely not cheap, but Glenn isn't making them any more... :sniffle:
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
jonharl

Post by jonharl »

I have to agree with Phil, the Sindt is an superb whistle.
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

I have several Bbs I could happily recommend. Sindt, Overton, Jerry-tweaked Generation and Abell each get the job done nicely.

If you want a pure whistle with just a hint of cloudiness you probably can't beat the Sindt. For a whistle rich in overtones with that low whistle sound, the Overton is outstanding. For all of that, I suspect I'd really like a Burke if a played one; I have a C which is outstanding.

Rumour has it that good Gen Bbs are now a bit hard to find off the rack. Jerry will fix that.
Jennie

Post by Jennie »

And since nobody else has said so yet, I'll put in a word for Copeland. My Bb in brass is my very very favorite whistle. It's responsive and capable of way more than I've learned to put into it so far. The notes feel like suede leather, supple and soft.

Probably beyond the stated price range. But worth it.

Jennie
Whistling Willie

So many whistles to choose from......pity I couldn't have them all :D