God hates Swedes (and a few others)

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
MarcusR
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: I stay in a place called 'Rooms'... There's a whole chain of them.

God hates Swedes (and a few others)

Post by MarcusR »

According to someone God apparently hates Swedes. :o

Wow, and I wasn't even aware of that he knew that I excisted.

/MarcusR
There is no such thing as tailwind -- it's either against you or you're simply having great legs!
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Post by Walden »

Pastor Phelps thinks God hates just about everybody. I think that a few years ago, some of his family even went to Iraq, under Saddam Hussein's government, and did anti-American protest marches.
Reasonable person
Walden
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I already know I won't be able to view it from work. Will have to when I get home. Maybe Pastor Phelps is friends with Mr. Robertson.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

How does He feel about turnips? Parsnips are quite nice too.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

jbarter wrote:How does He feel about turnips?
He saw fit to bury them beneath the ground.
Reasonable person
Walden
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

Just as well God loves everyone, because clearly the reverend gentleman doesn't. It mystifies me how the likes of himself or Paisley can even claim to be Christians.
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

Roger O'Keeffe wrote:Just as well God loves everyone, because clearly the reverend gentleman doesn't. It mystifies me how the likes of himself or Paisley can even claim to be Christians.
I'm sure being completely delusional as well as completely pompous helps. Gotta love those jumbo-sized egos, huh?
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

Wow! I finally managed to get through to that web page. Is that for real? You're sure it's not a mickey take of some kind?
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
Henke

Post by Henke »

Oh. It's a good thing I'm not religious :)
emmline

Post by emmline »

TelegramSam wrote: I'm sure being completely delusional as well as completely pompous helps.
Though I'd bet delusional is the stronger factor here.
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

jbarter wrote:Wow! I finally managed to get through to that web page. Is that for real? You're sure it's not a mickey take of some kind?
After some of the things that Poop Robertson and others say, is it really that hard to believe? :wink:
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
ennistraveler

Post by ennistraveler »

Roger O'Keeffe wrote:Just as well God loves everyone, because clearly the reverend gentleman doesn't. It mystifies me how the likes of himself or Paisley can even claim to be Christians.
I agree completely. It's amazing and scary how much crap you see on the internet and how many crazy people there are out there. I wish there were more good and sound Christian homepages out there, that truly preached the gospel instead of just spreading hate for other groups of people.

By the way, I listened some to a sermon on this page, and that so-called pastor sounded pretty drunk...
Brother Steve rocks!
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

Roger O'Keeffe wrote:It mystifies me how the likes of himself or Paisley can even claim to be Christians.
What if they called themselves Muslims?

I often wonder what damages these people do to the understanding of Christianity in the Middle East. Is it the same way that the fringe of Islam gets over represented in the US?
from the article wrote:http://www.godhatessweden.com
I can see this guy’s bumper sticker

Know God Know Hate
No God No hate

Or

God is Hate
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
Blackwood

Post by Blackwood »

so is the guy:
a. delusional
b. has a neurological disorder
c. untouchable because he holds sincere beliefs
d. ?

just curious...
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Blackwood wrote:so is the guy:
a. delusional
b. has a neurological disorder
c. untouchable because he holds sincere beliefs
d. ?

just curious...
probably a combination of a. and d.- d. being, he's probably not aware of his own level of intolerance...
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown