Was Tom Cruise Shakespeare?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Kevin L. Rietmann
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Kevin L. Rietmann »

I must do some reading up about El Ron and Co., I didn't realize they were this whacky:

"In the OT levels, Hubbard describes a variety of traumas commonly experienced in past lives. He explains how to reverse the effects of such traumas by "running" various Scientology processes. Among these advanced teachings, one episode that is revealed to those who reach OT level III has been widely remarked upon in the press: the story of Xenu, the galactic tyrant who stacked hundreds of billions of his frozen victims around Earth's volcanoes 75 million years ago before blowing them up with hydrogen bombs and brainwashing them with a "three-D, super colossal motion picture" for 36 days. The traumatised thetans subsequently clustered around human bodies, in effect acting as invisible spiritual parasites known as "Body Thetans" that can only be removed using advanced Scientology techniques."

3-D Super Collosal? Will Irwin Allen produce?
My brother was saying just now that according to the Scieantologers if you, er, what, release your Thetan correctly it will become 900 feet tall? Perhaps this is the appeal to the Cruiser, who after all is a shrimpy little guy.
I've spoken with people who said they were Napolean or Jesus. My sympathy was more with them since they were living off of garbage can food and sleeping on benches, etc.
missy

Post by missy »

has anyone but me ever thought that someday, L. Ron will write for his memoirs something such as: "Yeah, Arthur C. Clarke (or Asimov, or substitute your favorite SciFi author) bet me I couldn't write a book that would have people believing in a psuedo-religion."???
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
jsluder
antispam: No

Post by jsluder »

missy wrote:has anyone but me ever thought that someday, L. Ron will write for his memoirs something such as: "Yeah, Arthur C. Clarke (or Asimov, or substitute your favorite SciFi author) bet me I couldn't write a book that would have people believing in a psuedo-religion."???
He'll have to do it from one of his next lives, since he died in 1986.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Denny

Post by Denny »

jsluder wrote:
missy wrote:has anyone but me ever thought that someday, L. Ron will write for his memoirs something such as: "Yeah, Arthur C. Clarke (or Asimov, or substitute your favorite SciFi author) bet me I couldn't write a book that would have people believing in a psuedo-religion."???
He's shopping for a publisher...right now!
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Kevin L. Rietmann wrote:I must do some reading up about El Ron and Co., I didn't realize they were this whacky:

"In the OT levels, Hubbard describes a variety of traumas commonly experienced in past lives. He explains how to reverse the effects of such traumas by "running" various Scientology processes. Among these advanced teachings, one episode that is revealed to those who reach OT level III has been widely remarked upon in the press: the story of Xenu, the galactic tyrant who stacked hundreds of billions of his frozen victims around Earth's volcanoes 75 million years ago before blowing them up with hydrogen bombs and brainwashing them with a "three-D, super colossal motion picture" for 36 days. The traumatised thetans subsequently clustered around human bodies, in effect acting as invisible spiritual parasites known as "Body Thetans" that can only be removed using advanced Scientology techniques."
Kevin, ain't it great??? And all that clearance can be yours for about $499,999!!! Give or take a few hundred thou'.

Normally, I wouldn't ridicule somebody's religion because their feelings might be hurt. But in their case, its the Body Thetans that make 'em feel hurt so why not???? Once they're "clear" they feel no hurt.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

The Weekenders wrote:
Kevin, ain't it great??? And all that clearance can be yours for about $499,999!!! Give or take a few hundred thou'.

Normally, I wouldn't ridicule somebody's religion because their feelings might be hurt. But in their case, its the Body Thetans that make 'em feel hurt so why not???? Once they're "clear" they feel no hurt.
For that kind of money, you could probably get an exorcism from almost every religion that offers them, and still have quite a bit left over... in fact, you could probably get exorcised for free in several... why not up the odds and go for the pan-religious thing rather than throwing all your eggs in one basket like that? ;)
Reasonable person
Walden
emmline

Post by emmline »

What are you saying Kevin? That the negative forces preying on us are the miffed essences of thousands of exploded frozen people?
I wonder if a time traveler could stop the Tyrant's perfidious plan, and free us of the blight.
But who's our man? Who...who...
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

emmline wrote:What are you saying Kevin? That the negative forces preying on us are the miffed essences of thousands of exploded frozen people?
I wonder if a time traveler could stop the Tyrant's perfidious plan, and free us of the blight.
Exactly: Doctor Who.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

Actually, Hubbard is reputed to have said "The way to make a million dollars is to start a religion."
Wanderer
Tell us something.: I've like been here forever ;)
But I guess you gotta filter out the spambots.
100 characters? Geeze.

Post by Wanderer »

emmline wrote:What are you saying Kevin? That the negative forces preying on us are the miffed essences of thousands of exploded frozen people?
That's about as accurate as summation as it gets..
missy

Post by missy »

jsluder wrote:
Ah - yeah - I knew that............
(see what I get for writing something just as I'm running out the door....)
((although I like the comment about doing it in his next life))
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

Will O'B wrote:
One of my ongoing difficulties right now is seeing things logically.

Will O'Ban
Hang in there Will. Try never to forget that you are amongst friends here. :)
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

Wombat wrote:
Will O'B wrote:
One of my ongoing difficulties right now is seeing things logically.

Will O'Ban
Hang in there Will. Try never to forget that you are amongst friends here. :)
Thanks, Friend. My heart feels it, but sometimes my brain is a little slow in catching up. :)

Will O'Ban
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Gee Will I was just illustrating what others had said, basically that if you were reincarnated your past lives had a much greater chance of being mundane or downright awful then being a Julius Ceasar or Mozart.

Besides, even if I were making fun it would be no worse then all the making fun of Christianity that goes on here. I mean, if you can make fun or ridicule one set of beliefs why not all of them? I'd rather not seriously make fun of anyone. Least of all you who've always been a great addition to our community.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

I found this layin' around at the wrecking yard....
As soon as I get the Mr. Fusion unit put back together, I'll go do it! :D
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown