Was Tom Cruise Shakespeare?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Blackwood

Was Tom Cruise Shakespeare?

Post by Blackwood »

Tom Cruise revealed that he was much happier in previous existences and his current life is probably one of the least satisfying he has led.

Scientologist Tom Cruise revealed that he is much older than the forty three years he has spent in his present body.

Tom Cruise noted that he is "old beyond reckoning." What's more, his current life is "probably one of the least satisfying" he has led.

"I was much happier in previous existences when I wrote plays, composed music, conquered nations, discovered continents, and developed cures for diseases," said Tom Cruise.

Cruise said he became aware that he "had been here before," when he read the complete works of Shakespeare in a month, despite being dyslexic, not long after dropping out of high school.

"Shakespeare was deja vu for me," said Tom Cruise. "It was so cool. I felt as if I had seen his words already, knew them all by heart. Then, after I began studying scientology, I realized the words had come from my heart in a previous life. That's why I say that as glorious and enviable as my present life is, making "War of the Worlds" and all those other great movies can't compare to writing "Romeo and Juliet" or the sonnets.

In addition to recognizing his days of future passed in the works of Shakespeare and Bach—and in the achievements of Columbus and Napoleon—Cruise recognizes the continuing reappearance of "Anti-Thetanic forces," such as Matt Lauer and Brooke Shields, with whom he has clashed in former lives.

http://toronto.fashion-monitor.com/news ... tom_cruise
jsluder
antispam: No

Post by jsluder »

:roll:
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Will O'B
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Re: Was Tom Cruise Shakespeare?

Post by Will O'B »

Blackwood wrote:"I was much happier in previous existences when I wrote plays, composed music, conquered nations, discovered continents, and developed cures for diseases," said Tom Cruise.
I think he's just being modest.

Will O'Ban
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
Teri-K

Post by Teri-K »

Naw, Kit Marlowe :wink:
Wombat

Post by Wombat »

I think it's just as probable that Tom Cruise will be Shakespeare in a future life.
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

Teri-K wrote:Naw, Kit Marlowe :wink:
Huh, I was thinking Tom Cruise had surely been Francis Bacon.

This is what gets me about "past-life regression" and other reincarnation memories:
Why do people insist that they were famous in past lives? Statistics dictates that
most people would be obscure peasants in almost all of their previous lives.
Furthermore, a large percentage of their lives would have been very short, since
infant death rates were very high until recently.
I don't have anything against those who believe in reincarnation, but you'd think
the boring lives would have a higher chance of being remembered...
SteveK

Re: Was Tom Cruise Shakespeare?

Post by SteveK »

Blackwood wrote:
"I was much happier in previous existences when I wrote plays, composed music, conquered nations, discovered continents, and developed cures for diseases," said Tom Cruise.
Lucky him! He presumably was never a peasant, a slave, a member of a low caste or anything of that sort. It sounds like he was never a woman either unless it was Madame Curie. Hmmm...maybe Joan of Arc.
Will O'B

Post by Will O'B »

Wombat wrote:I think it's just as probable that Tom Cruise will be Shakespeare in a future life.
Sure, Do it the easy way. Instead of actually writing all of the plays and sonnets himself, he just gets his hands on The Complete Works of Shakespeare, scans 'em and runs 'em off the printer, then distributes them as his own work.

Will O'Ban

PS: Yeah, I know all of the conspiracy theories -- there's no way that the original guy wrote all of that stuff himself and Willie took all of the credit. I've heard it all before and I'm not going there again. Thank you.
Last edited by Will O'B on Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teri-K

Post by Teri-K »

fearfaoin wrote:
That would be an interesting thread: Shakespeare v. Marlowe v. Bacon

Good point on the tendency for famous past lives. Why then did all the knowledge simply fade for the present life? Shouldn't Tom being composing, writing, conquering still? :wink:
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Maybe he was actually just a rod and reel or a fly at the end of a long line of Shakespeares.

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Will O'B

Post by Will O'B »

MarkB wrote:Maybe he was actually just a rod and reel or a fly at the end of a long line of Shakespeares.
MarkB
Sorry about this, Mark. But . . . *groan*.

Will O'Ban

The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

fearfaoin wrote:

This is what gets me about "past-life regression" and other reincarnation memories:
Why do people insist that they were famous in past lives? Statistics dictates that
most people would be obscure peasants in almost all of their previous lives.
Furthermore, a large percentage of their lives would have been very short, since
infant death rates were very high until recently.
I don't have anything against those who believe in reincarnation, but you'd think
the boring lives would have a higher chance of being remembered...
A parallel thing to that is that in amateur genealogy, people often claim descent from royalty, instead of the much more likely farmer, baker, etc etc. There was a shyster genealogist named Gustave Anjou (the name's bad enough) who fabricated a buncha royal ties to kings and famous knights to paying customers in the early 20th century. One of the surnames in my family was included and even after shown a fraud, there are still many online personal genos that claim one of the family lines was descended from a Crusader, complete with a hagiographic quotation about the great knight.

Tom Cruise is an entertainer, and I have to say, reading the above quotes, that I am entertained.

But now I know why I never liked Matt Lauer.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Will O'B

Post by Will O'B »

fearfaoin wrote:This is what gets me about "past-life regression" and other reincarnation memories: Why do people insist that they were famous in past lives? Statistics dictates that most people would be obscure peasants in almost all of their previous lives.
I dunno. My best friend in Vietnam was very close to his brother. He and his brother both believed and had (supposedly separate) memories about having been monks in the dark ages. His memories were of his brother being a blind monk that was a good friend and that he watched out for. They both, he said, had memories of sitting in front of a pool of water and he would describe how everything looked to the blind monk. He said that both of their memories stop at the same time after they hear of raiders coming from the sea. Maybe it was real. Maybe there was something else going on there. I don't know. But I am not arrogant enough to say that it never happened that way. Just because we don't understand or see or agree with something doesn't necessarily mean that it's not real.

A couple of years after I left him behind over there, I drove the five hours from my house to his as I had promised him I would do some day when we got back to the world. We would renew our friendship that had been solidified half way around the world. His mother came to the door -- leaving the screen door closed between us. I introduced myself as being a friend of Charlie's from the military. And I asked if he was around. Speaking to me through the screen, I could see the dull pain in her eyes as she told me simply that her son -- my friend -- had died over there -- half way around the world -- just weeks before his tour of duty was to terminate. Her voice had no emotion, and each of her words sort of numbly hung there between the two of us as she closed the door. This scene plays through my mind as vividly as if I am watching it on a movie screen. I like to think that what he believed is real -- at least for him.

Will O'Ban

TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

Yay for delusional freaks!

Hey Dale, looking for a new client? :lol:
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Teri-K wrote:
fearfaoin wrote:
That would be an interesting thread: Shakespeare v. Marlowe v. Bacon

Good point on the tendency for famous past lives. Why then did all the knowledge simply fade for the present life? Shouldn't Tom being composing, writing, conquering still? :wink:
Well, really, being an ultra-famous movie star is like enjoying the fruits of past labors, I guess. I have to say that when I consider how monumentally famous these folks get, and how much money gets shoved their way, I DO wonder how that all happened.

Reagan felt awed by the power he acheived and he and Nancy had the astrologer in to visit on a regular basis. I guess that was the best way he could reconcile it...I am sure he is not the only one. Prince Charles has been interested in magic and psychic-y stuff. Maybe he wants to know if some curse was tied up in givin' 'im those ears...
How do you prepare for the end of the world?