Wild Nun. Ok: So, I just find this a little amusing.

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Wild Nun. Ok: So, I just find this a little amusing.

Post by Dale »

Nun rapped for wild dancing

BRUSSELS, Belgium (Reuters) -- A Belgian nun's acrobatic and indecorous dancing with a missionary during the Catholic World Youth Day in Germany over the weekend earned her a reprimand from her mother superior, a Belgian paper said on Tuesday.

Daily Het Laatste Nieuws showed pictures of a dancing Johanne Vertommen being held up in the air by the missionary, and then clinging to him with her legs wrapped around his body.

"I wouldn't do this at home but at such occasions I get carried away by the enthusiasm of the group," the 29-year-old told the paper later.

"My mother superior raised the issue today: she thinks I should watch out a bit and bear in mind that I represent our community," Vertommen said.

Pope Benedict attended the celebration at the Marienfeld, outside Cologne, in the presence of some 700,000 people.
jsluder
antispam: No

Post by jsluder »

Just as long as she doesn't pull out a guitar and start singing folk songs...
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Tyler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

"Nuns just wanna have fu-un, oh, oh, nuns just wanna have fun!"
come on, sing with me Dale! :D
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

jsluder wrote:Just as long as she doesn't pull out a guitar and start singing folk songs...
... yup, like "Puff, the magic dragon". :D
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

jsluder wrote:Just as long as she doesn't pull out a guitar and start singing folk songs...
Now, that would be reason for reprimand.
missy

Post by missy »

would they rather she whack the guy on the knuckles with a ruler??? :o
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

jsluder wrote:Image
Mo'fo!

One of the alltime funny movie scenes!
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Re: Wild Nun. Ok: So, I just find this a little amusing.

Post by Will O'B »

DaleWisely wrote: Daily Het Laatste Nieuws showed pictures of a dancing Johanne Vertommen being held up in the air by the missionary, and then clinging to him with her legs wrapped around his body.
:lol: :lol: :lol: The only nuns I really knew were the ones I had for teachers over 40 years ago. Perhaps that's why my mind has such a difficult time grappling with that image. :boggle:

Now if that had only been His Holiness instead of some unknown missionary . . .

Will O'Ban

PS: The story said something about the good sister being 29 years old. That was always the odd thing in my day. You could never tell how old they might be. You think St'r is 90 years old when you're in 4th grade, and you go back to the school for a reunion 40 years later and she's still there. :o :o :o

PPS: And it's not like she was "new" when I had her. She was also my brother's 4th grade teacher, and he's 10 years older than me. My brother says he knows she was there when he started 1st grade.

Will O'
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Will O'B wrote: You think St'r is 90 years old when you're in 4th grade, and you go back to the school for a reunion 40 years later and she's still there. :o :o :o

Will O'
I just went to a function at the Catholic high school which my daughters all attended or do attend, and they recognized Sister Margaret Leo for .... 55 years of service.
missy

Post by missy »

DaleWisely wrote:
I just went to a function at the Catholic high school which my daughters all attended or do attend, and they recognized Sister Margaret Leo for .... 55 years of service.
The high school I attended was right next door to the retirement home for the order. And across the street from the cemetary for the order.
You wanna talk about OLD nuns???? For some reason, the principal would assign these ancient nuns to teach religion. They couldn't hear. They could barely walk. All they would talk about was their "vows of poverty" and the "horrors of sex". They had no idea what grade to give anyone because they could never keep any student's name straight.

Yeah - whatever............. :D
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
TomB

Post by TomB »

DaleWisely wrote:
Will O'B wrote: You think St'r is 90 years old when you're in 4th grade, and you go back to the school for a reunion 40 years later and she's still there. :o :o :o

Will O'

My mother-in-law has a picture of her 50th H.S. reunion and one of the guests was a nun who was one of that class' teachers.
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
emmline

Post by emmline »

On a merely tangentially related subject--Nuns, by virtue of their similar lifestyles and regular health care, have made excellent subjects for an ongoing study which has tracked who is most likely to suffer dementia in old age and why. Great book on it called Aging with Grace.

There is no mention in the book of lap or pole dancing, but I'd guess those activities might keep the brain young for some people.
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Coming this summer to Fox The Lap Dancing Nun.