R.I.P. (was "Grandmother in serious condition")

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
OnTheMoor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by OnTheMoor »

All the best to you and your family.
Keep her alive through memories.
chattiekathy
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Walden wrote:
missy wrote:please let us know when the memorial service is - we will all play a tune for her......
Arrangements are being made with the undertaker, right now. The funeral service will be on Wednesday morning, if it doesn't conflict with his schedule.
I'm very sorry for your loss Aaron,
I will play Amazing Grace for your Grandma on Wednesday.

Kathy
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
buddhu

Post by buddhu »

Sorry to hear your sad news. Sympathies to yr family. :(
And whether the blood be highland, lowland or no.
And whether the skin be black or white as the snow.
Of kith and of kin we are one, be it right, be it wrong.
As long as our hearts beat true to the lilt of a song.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Thank you all for the emotional support in what has been a rather difficult time.

Funeral services will be at 10:00 AM CDT on Wednesday the 16th of August. I am honorary pallbearer, as opposed to an actual one, due to my leg condition.
Reasonable person
Walden
Roger O'Keeffe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

Very sorry to hear the news, Waldo.

You're one of C&F's most cherished members, and I'm sure that both directly and indirectly your grandparents played a major part in making you who you are.
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
Jack

Post by Jack »

*hugs* :(
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

I just returned from the burial.

It's been rainy here for the past few days, but did not rain during the services, either while we were in the church or in the graveyard.

The Rev. Harry Jackson, of Locust Grove, officiated. Piano was played by Karen Walden. Vocal music and clarinet was by the Snider family. My great uncle Glen Rainwater played guitar.

The turnout was large, with cars parked all down the country road. I was glad to see so many people, but I wish my grandmother was not dead.
Reasonable person
Walden
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Walden wrote:... but I wish my grandmother was not dead.
While the pain will diminish with time, that particular sentiment will never go away; it's a symptom of your love for her. My grandparents have been dead for many years now, but I still miss them and wish they were alive. Life would be much simpler without love, but then it wouldn't be worth living.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
fancypiper
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by fancypiper »

My grandmother died in 1956. I still miss her and wish she were still here, but I have a feeling that she is in a much better place now than this earthly home that I live in.
carrie

Post by carrie »

I have been away for a week--just returned last night and learned of this sad news. My thoughts are with you, Aaron. Your loving memories of your grandmother will celebrate her life and keep her with you always.

Carol
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

Aaron, I have been all wrapped up in my own little world lately and I guess I missed the update about your Grandmother's passing. Please accept my late condolences. The loss you are feeling right now will someday be replaced with the fond memories of when she would sit you on her lap as a boy and tell you stories, and of her delicious just-baked cookies and bread and of all the other good times you shared.

Will O'Ban
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Walden wrote:I just returned from the burial.

It's been rainy here for the past few days, but did not rain during the services, either while we were in the church or in the graveyard.

The Rev. Harry Jackson, of Locust Grove, officiated. Piano was played by Karen Walden. Vocal music and clarinet was by the Snider family. My great uncle Glen Rainwater played guitar.

The turnout was large, with cars parked all down the country road. I was glad to see so many people, but I wish my grandmother was not dead.
I don't know what your beliefs are or what your grandmothers were, but I can tell you that I have seen/experienced things since my brother's death that make me quite sure there is something after - though I will not be presumptuous enough to try to define it. But it definitely involves joy, humor and some manner of communication. I wish he were not dead either, but I know that he is still with me. May you find your gandmother's presence when you most need it.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
thurlowe

Post by thurlowe »

Walden, I'm sorry you've lost a woman who played such a big role in your life. Thanks for sharing a little of her with us.

With deepest sympathy,

Cara
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

It's been a week, this evening. Quite a lot to process. Again, thanks for all the emotional support and words of sympathy.

My grandfather seems to be holding up pretty well, so far. My father has been staying with him quite a bit. I don't think Grandpa's been back to work yet, since Grandma died, but his job has been pretty sporadic lately, as they are waiting on Rural Electric to fix a broken line. He is a construction worker.
Reasonable person
Walden