Why I deleted the unclothed thread....

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Why I deleted the unclothed thread....

Post by Dale »

1. Don't want to activate more web filters.
2. Could get ugly.
3. To get another few PMs of Protest.
Sorry,

Dale
jGilder

Re: Why I deleted the unclothed thread....

Post by jGilder »

DaleWisely wrote:1. Don't want to activate more web filters.
2. Could get ugly.
Sorry,

Dale
Honestly... it was a joke based on Bloomfield's comments on another thread. Geeez... lighten up guys Image
Dale
The Landlord

Re: Why I deleted the unclothed thread....

Post by Dale »

jGilder wrote:
DaleWisely wrote:1. Don't want to activate more web filters.
2. Could get ugly.
Sorry,

Dale
Honestly... it was a joke based on Bloomfield's comments on another thread. Geeez... lighten up guys Image
I'm not at all upset by it. A thread with that title will activate adult-content filters and shut people out. I get complaints about it all the time.
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

What a pity that my nude photo won't be enjoyed by C&Fers. I was looking so forward to seeing everyone else too. Image
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Oh, darn, I was just getting ready to post mine!

jGilder, such a lovely portrait that was. I for one am certainly glad I didn't miss it. :lol:

I do understand Dale's problem though
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

Cynth wrote:Oh, darn, I was just getting ready to post mine!

jGilder, such a lovely portrait that was. I for one am certainly glad I didn't miss it. :lol:
Maybe I should have called it a birthday suit thread. Image
Cynth wrote:I do understand Dale's problem though
Yea yea... I know.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Hey, I don't know if anyone caught my response to Jack's "portrait" post, but I'll recapitulate: after the typed equivalent of sputtering noises, I mentioned that I got a popup offering to help me find a "mature" lover. Indeed. :lol:
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

Nanohedron wrote:Hey, I don't know if anyone caught my response to Jack's "portrait" post, but I'll recapitulate: after the typed equivalent of sputtering noises, I mentioned that I got a popup offering to help me find a "mature" lover. Indeed. :lol:
I gave you a "pop-up"??? Image Oh my... this isn't at all the response I had in mind. Image
missy

Post by missy »

dang - it .......
why do I always miss all the GOOD threads????? :D
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Wombat
antispam: No

Post by Wombat »

Relax. You just been spared an album full of naked wombat photos. Look on the bright side.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Well, the heck with rules and regulations! Dale, get with the times dude!

jGilder

Post by jGilder »

Well, Cynth... if you're going to post yours, then I'll repost mine.
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

Cynth wrote:Well, the heck with rules and regulations! Dale, get with the times dude!

You realize of course that this sort of shatters the myth that all men are dogs.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Dear Dog Lady,

I’ve been stumbling around in the dating scene, hoping to trip over my one true love. A friend suggested I try the Internet since I was having trouble meeting men in the real world. I signed on to Match.com and immediately began an email exchange with a man who claimed to be divorced and have an important job at a downtown Boston retail store. He said he lived in a tony town on the South Shore and pitched me the line that he loved to walk along the beach. He described himself as a briny romantic. “I have the whaler in my soul,” he wrote in an email. He sent me his picture. He didn’t look like a whale. So I met him.

Dog Lady, I thought we had a fabulous time. We talked easily. He grabbed my hand and hugged me. He walked me home and kissed me. He asked to see me again and promised he’d call soon. That was a month ago. I still haven’t heard from him.

Is it true all men are dogs?

Joan, St. Botolph St.
----------
Joan, listen to you moan. Feeling sorry for yourself? Snap out of it.

All men are not dogs. Actually, it would be great if they were because dogs are kind, protective, cuddly, handsome, smart, playful, loyal, and unconditionally loving. If all men were dogs, this world would be a wonderful place. Unfortunately, some men are men, not dogs.

Dog Lady surmises you don’t have a dog or you wouldn’t ask the question. May I make a suggestion: Don’t worry about the man. Get a dog. The dog may lead you to the man.

You admit you are stumbling around looking for love. Have you ever thought of visiting the nearest animal shelter instead of surfing onto Match.com? Why peruse digital mug shots of men who claim to have the whaler in their souls (yeesh, what a blubbery line), when you can look into the eyes of doggies. They have the high-spirited wailer in their souls. Shelter dogs are ready, willing, and emotionally available to come home with you.

A dog leads you out from behind the computer and into the real world, where there are all sorts of possibilities, including romance. A dog gives you companionship that makes you feel less alone in the world. A dog does wonders for the soul -- the whole soul, not the whaler soul.

Joan, there’s a classic cartoon that shows two dogs sitting at a computer. One comments to the other, “On the Internet, no one knows you’re a dog.” Be careful about Internet dating. Keep your distance and your sense of humor. Don’t build fantasies in cyberspace. Get to know someone in person before you attach too much significance to anything they write about themselves.

Remember, you’re looking for a man who treats you with respect -- and loves you like a dog.
http://askdoglady.com/archives/bones_lo ... 00033.html
Teri-K

Post by Teri-K »

All due respect, Jack, I have to say Cynth's portrait is more attractive. :P