Driving Kitchen Appliances

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Tyler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

gonzo914 wrote:Turn it the other direction from where it is pointed when it is freezing your lunches. See if they freeze more. If so, you don't have enough alcohol in your lunch.
Instant lunch...just add beer.....
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

The Weekenders wrote:Wow, this must be a record. Simon actually got a serious answer on the first page!
Uhhh.....
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

There are folks who drive clothes washing machines, so why not kitchen appliances?

http://www.jacobsschool.ucsd.edu/news_e ... sfe?id=245
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Cynth wrote:It means minimum temperature. So turn the dial farther away from that end. If the dial is far away from that end already, then it means minimum power so you should turn the dial closer to that end. There is a possibility that the dial is just there for decorative purposes and doesn't do anything, but it's always worth it to give it a shot.

What an excellent answer! I'm so glad I read through this far before researching the issue so as to be able to provide a definitive answer.

I see that I no longer need to fret about leaving everyone in the lurch while I am traveling! I'll be getting in touch with you to cover for me, ok?

Yes, another post from that batch I missed this week . . . 2 down 43 to go . . .
Cotelette d'Agneau
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Whenever this sort of thing has happened to me, I have found that if I tap the control knob with a ball peen hammer a few times, all of my problems have been solved. I am not sure that it will work for you or not.
flanum
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Post by flanum »

Maybe the door-seal is not sealing properly or your ice box needs defrosting.
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

s1m0n wrote:We're trying to decide why the office fridge is freezing everyone's lunch.
Why are you putting your lunch in the fridge? Is it sandwiches, freshly-made that morning? Is your office very hot? I always thought my grub tasted better at room temp. The only thing we ever kept in the fridge at work (I was a biology teacher) was a pint of milk for our cups of char. You wouldn't want to keep anything else in there as it was the repository for all those dissectable things as well as the eight-year-old bag of frozen peas that we used as a cold compress for kids' bruises. And all that lovely black fungus growth in the door seals that no-one at work would clean off but which you wouldn't tolerate at home.

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Denny

Post by Denny »

SteveShaw wrote:And all that lovely black fungus growth in the door seals that no-one at work would clean off but which you wouldn't tolerate at home.
science experiments!
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

SteveShaw wrote:
Why are you putting your lunch in the fridge?
Well, I'm not, but then I'm the only man in the office. My lunch sits in my briefcase under my desk until the hour of noon, none the worse for the experience.

But the ladies feel the need to refrigerate their lunches, God bless 'em. I think it's a 'category error' thing--food belongs in fridges, ergo, lunch must ride to the office in a bag and then get safely stored in the fridge.

And no one's died of botulism all this year, so maybe they're onto something.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Cynth wrote:
The Weekenders wrote:Wow, this must be a record. Simon actually got a serious answer on the first page!
Uhhh.....
So humor isn't one of your more outstanding attributes I take it.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm