Looking for a Low D whistle case...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
dyersituations
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Looking for a Low D whistle case...

Post by dyersituations »

Hello again.

I have found my new love... a low D whistle, and I am looking for a case for the new instrument. Today I searched around online and couldn't find what I was looking for, because there are mostly just pouches for the instruments. I would like to try and find a case that would hold 1 or more low d whistle and at least one high d whistle as well. Does anyone know where I can find a good case? Thanks! :D

-Casey

Oh... and the low D I have is a Kerry with the black head, so it is pretty long... thanks scottie for the wonderful instrument!
Life is good.
Turtle
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Turtle »

You might try looking at some pool stick hard cases. I think they would
work well.

Turtle
Tony McGinley

Post by Tony McGinley »

I made a couple of cases with PVC pipe. You can get end pieces and simply glue them in place. One end with a twist on piece the other with a blank. It took no more than 15 minutes to make one. I put a piece of foam rubber down the end and place another small piece in after the whistle. This keeps the whistles from rattling about.

I store a high whistle inside the body of a low whistle - just use a small piece of kitchen tissue around the whistle body to stop it rattling and protect it..

The cases are VERY strong - you could stand on them no problem. I am in the process of working on a shoulder strap so I can more easily carry the things. Another advantage is very low cost - and if you got a good hardware store you get to choose the colour of the tube, usually though only black white or grey.
Tony McGinley

<i><b>"The well-being of mankind,
its peace and security,
are unattainable unless and until
its unity is firmly established."
<i><b>
Steve Pribyl

Post by Steve Pribyl »

I have the "WHISTLE HARDCASE, padded, black" that I like very much. See:

http://www.overton.de/texte/accessories.html
greenspiderweb
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by greenspiderweb »

Bigwhistle.com has a similar whistle/flute hardcase (3rd page I think), and many more too:

http://www.bigwhistle.co.uk/shop_result ... 5&search=1
~~~~
Barry
springrobin
Tell us something.: I play flute, whistle and harp and have been a member on this board for many years. I have tended to be a lurker recently and just posted a response for the first time in quite awhile.

Post by springrobin »

I found some great fly rod cases in Cabela's clearance section- I think they call it the Cave. Some still had sleeves for individual rod parts which work well for whistle collections. I was able to find sizes to fit both high whistles and low whistles (and flutes). If you want a custome case, here's a link to a company that seems pretty reasonably priced:

http://www.stonelegacy.com/flyfishing.html

Robin
Scott McCallister

Post by Scott McCallister »

I found a really great solution for my Copelands (high and low D)

It is a Bass Bow Case like this one here

This picture doesn't reall show the spacers that are built into the case, I'll try to get some pictures of my actual rig to show how it may work for you. But It will hold a Low d and a High D, a Polishing Cloth, Slide Grease and Wooden Coffee Stirrers (for windway cleaning) all easily, snugly, and has a nice "tolex" exterior a and locking latches. It is a little shorter than Pool Que cases, which would have been over kill by a few inches or so.
Last edited by Scott McCallister on Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
There's and old Irish saying that says pretty much anything you want it to.

Scott McCallister

Post by Scott McCallister »

These are pictures of both whistles in their case with and without the polishing cloth to see more clearly.

I always store/travel with them with the cloth around the Low D to keep them from rubbing/denting eachother while they are in the case.

As you can see, the spacers in the case that would normally separate the bows do a very nice job at keeping the whistles fairly snug in their place. :thumbsup:
There's and old Irish saying that says pretty much anything you want it to.

slowair

Post by slowair »

Here's what I use.

That's a fully assembled Dixon low D on the bottom, so a low D will fit.
As you can see, it holds much more though.

You can find this case on eBay for just under $35 USD. Here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/XH5B4-75094-Ne[img] ... dZViewItem
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

I have a rod case that would hold 3 low D whistles for sale. I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago.

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... light=case

Here is my case from Colin which is full of Overtons (of course!! :D )

http://www.kisstherebel.com/gallery/alb ... _sm?full=1
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus