Jack's approaching a 1000!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

By the way, that ought to have been "...much as in the Etruscan manner". We don't really know what music itself the Etruscans grooved to while beating their slaves, just that they did it. What a wonderful, happy practice, don't you think?
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

jsluder wrote:
Lambchop wrote:Oh, I know you were only teasing about that mint sauce. Besides, I've heard it's good for the complexion . . .
Yep, it's a great tenderizer...
No, it is not! You can't fool me that easily. Silly boys!

Nanohedron wrote:Oh, dear. How utterly remiss of me. Warmest felicitations, Lambchop, on the occasion of your attaining 1Kness.
Thank you, Nano! I truly feel as though I have Achieved Something.

Alfalfa salad! My favorite! And how did you know I needed a salt lick??? <nibbles delicately> Mmmmm! Celtic salt, no less! What a treat!

Do any more of you have presents for me? :)
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

Apparently we've had a slight topic shift here or else Lamby changed her name to Jack and back again while I wasn't looking. Okay, I will come back tomorrow when I am more awake and wrestle with this one. Also, the Etruscan thing is a bit much to ponder over right now too. See you tomorrow.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Cynth wrote:Apparently we've had a slight topic shift here or else Lamby changed her name to Jack and back again while I wasn't looking. Okay, I will come back tomorrow when I am more awake and wrestle with this one. Also, the Etruscan thing is a bit much to ponder over right now too. See you tomorrow.
Oh, dear! How awful! I usurped Jack's thread for my own selfish purposes! I rushed right ahead and didn't think!

That wasn't nice of me . . . I'm sorry, Jack. :oops: :oops:

I've, umm, eaten all the alfalfa, but you can have a nibble of my salt, if you'd like . . . I'll gladly share a lick or two. :)
Azalin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Jack's approaching a 1000!

Post by Azalin »

MurphyStout wrote:Not me of course, I will never get there because I have a life..
Ahhhhh youth, so innocent and naive... :D
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Lambchop wrote:I thought you'd never notice . . . it's been weeks . . .
Awwww...Lamby, I'm sorry!!! It was so awful of us to not notice right away! :( But happy HAPPY happy HAPPY 1K to YOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUU!!!!!!....somewhat belated :party: :party: :party: And don't worry about the mint sauce...I'll get rid of it for you
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

Lambchop wrote:
Cynth wrote:Apparently we've had a slight topic shift here or else Lamby changed her name to Jack and back again while I wasn't looking. Okay, I will come back tomorrow when I am more awake and wrestle with this one. Also, the Etruscan thing is a bit much to ponder over right now too. See you tomorrow.
Oh, dear! How awful! I usurped Jack's thread for my own selfish purposes! I rushed right ahead and didn't think!

That wasn't nice of me . . . I'm sorry, Jack. :oops: :oops:

I've, umm, eaten all the alfalfa, but you can have a nibble of my salt, if you'd like . . . I'll gladly share a lick or two. :)
Not a problem Choppy... I don't mind. I'm the one that finally nudged it over, actually. I was amazed and delighted to be recognized at all for my 1000 blathers. After enjoying such a friendly gesture from everyone here at the C&F it seemed like the perfect response. Glad to share the thread... an honor.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

jGilder wrote:
Not a problem Choppy... I don't mind. I'm the one that finally nudged it over, actually. I was amazed and delighted to be recognized at all for my 1000 blathers. After enjoying such a friendly gesture from everyone here at the C&F it seemed like the perfect response. Glad to share the thread... an honor.
Image[/quote]

Oh, that's nice! I feel better now. You're sweet! I can't think of anybody I'd rather share with more!

Izz, thanks for removing the mint sauce. I think I spotted some charcoal briquettes stuffed under a smoking jacket in the cloakroom . . . perhaps you could take them along, too. Just in case . . .

So, Jack, why don't you come sit with me. We can relax and enjoy this lovely lounge! Tell me, have you thought about having your smoking jacket done in a fine lambswool . . . I know a good source . . . and did you try the salt? Really, it's very good . . . hits the spot.
jGilder

Post by jGilder »

Lambchop wrote:
jGilder wrote: Not a problem Choppy... I don't mind. I'm the one that finally nudged it over, actually. I was amazed and delighted to be recognized at all for my 1000 blathers. After enjoying such a friendly gesture from everyone here at the C&F it seemed like the perfect response. Glad to share the thread... an honor.
Oh, that's nice! I feel better now. You're sweet! I can't think of anybody I'd rather share with more!
Lambchop wrote:So, Jack, why don't you come sit with me. We can relax and enjoy this lovely lounge! Tell me, have you thought about having your smoking jacket done in a fine lambswool . . . I know a good source . . . and did you try the salt? Really, it's very good . . . hits the spot.
The only thing about that smoking jacket that makes me uncomfortable is that when I'm wearing it, I look a bit like someone hiding in a cave somewhere in Afghanistan.
    "Ayatolla it looks funny."
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

To Mr. jGilder, a most distinguished-looking and gentlemanly fellow, congratulations on your grand achievement! :party: :party: :party:

AND MAY YOU BOTH CONTINUE TO
GRACE THESE PAGES WITH YOUR MUSIC
ImageImage

To Lambchop, a lamby without equal, we award you the blue ribbon for your magnificent achievement!
ImageImageImageImage
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

:party: Thank you, Cynth!

As an aside, I just went to the website where you got that picture, and now I'm kind of ill. I had no idea such a horrible thing could happen, but I'm absolutely never, ever going to buy Australian merino wool products again . . . brrrr!
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Oh dear. I knew the website was about some sort of mistreatment but I didn't have time to read it. So I just went back. Definitely very sickening to say the least. Trouble is, I think things like this happen every day everywhere. But perhaps public pressure will encourage people to find a better way. I know it has in some cases.