Dolphins: shotgun or rifle?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Claus von Weiss
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Claus von Weiss »

PS: Cheers, Cranberry, wherever you are.
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

The best way to take a dolphin is with with a deep-sea rod and reel and one of those gaff-like hooks the size of a toddler's arm. Some folks lke to bait cast, but you can also just troll off the back of the boat. There's more time for drinking beer if you're trolling; bait casting is too much like work.

Spotted owl makes pretty good bait, but not as good as pinkie panda babies.
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

Shouldn't you suspend a ball or hoop on a pole over the side of the boat?

When they jump, that's your moment.

I'm planning to go swimming with dolphins on my next Stateside trip! I'd better watch for inebriated Flanums!
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

Dynamite. Always dynamite. :devil:
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
djm

Post by djm »

Only nancy-boys use firearms on dolphins. A real man just clubs them into submission. :twisted:

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

Ya ever tried ta grin down a dolphin? :D
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
Joseph E. Smith
antispam: No

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Sick, absolutely sick. Aren't you all aware that Flipper died for your sins? Yeeeeeesh! OK smileys, in unison now, a 1, a 2, a 3.... :really: :really: :really:
OnTheMoor

Post by OnTheMoor »

Which tour company?

One of times I was in Ireland we took a tour bus and stopped by a bay. The operator, a marine biologist by profession, said he used to take people out to see them, but then the town folk got wind of it and were pissed that the company wasn't giving them a cut. (he claimed it wasn't officially part of the tour, he just liked doing it) Sure enough, a couple of old boys stood next to the bus with shotguns. We never left the bus.
missy

Post by missy »

"Nuke a Gay Baby Dolphin for Jesus"

a bumpersticker guarenteed to offend everyone!
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Cayden

Post by Cayden »

OnTheMoor wrote:Which tour company?
<a href="www.dolphinwatch.ie">Dolphinwatch Carrigaholt</a> is the best one I think. No shotguns, loads of dolphins (one I 'shot' six weeks ago) :

We have a single solitary dolphin in a little bay near us, he swims with you and plays with people out in canoes. I was talking to a woman there early this week and she said" he's gay, that's why the other dolphins chucked him out of the group' I asked her did she really believe that 'course, why else would he be on his own here swimming with you guys'.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

:lol: Hard to argue with that brand of logic. :lol:
flanum
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Post by flanum »

Claus von Weiss wrote:Well, either you've got a very strange sense of humour (and this is supposed to be kind of a "fun"- thread) or you are a very sick person to my point of view.

It's easy to feel sorry for the dolphins, it's pretty hard to feel sorry for you. I try both anyway.:sniffle:

Claus
Yes its "fun" thread.
My dad used to catch rabbits years ago, he used to put carrots on big rocks and dowse them in pepper. When the rabbit went to eat them he would sneeze and smash his head on the rock and my dad would then go round lifting all these unconscious bunnies!
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
Scott McCallister
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Scott McCallister »

Bagging a dolphin is easy if you use the right tools
you need:

and

Lure the dolphin up to the boat with the herring. When he's close enough jam the can of red bull into the little bung hole in the back of his head. Go have a beer. A few minutes later it'll be floating bellie up behind the boat. No fuss no muss.
There's and old Irish saying that says pretty much anything you want it to.

perrins57

Post by perrins57 »

Claus von Weiss wrote:Well, either you've got a very strange sense of humour (and this is supposed to be kind of a "fun"- thread) or you are a very sick person to my point of view.

It's easy to feel sorry for the dolphins, it's pretty hard to feel sorry for you. I try both anyway.:sniffle:

Claus
Thats unusual, a German with a problem understanding humour!
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

(Name's Mark btw)
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

You did this deliberately to upset me! Shame, shame, shame! :evil:

Just don't plan on coming to the US with that kind of attitude! Joke about something like that on your Disney-Fun trip to Florida and you'll set half the children around you to wailing. One quarter of the remainder will be phoning up the police--the more astute ones will call the Fish and Game Commission directly (criminal offense and a large fine)--and you'll pray that they arrive quickly to save you from the remaining quarter, who will be beating you to a bloody pulp. Which you would well deserve.

Dolphins are our friends.

They are mammals, and we do not eat them or harm them in any way, but there is a fish sometimes called a "dolphin.". Restaurants here have learned to call it "mahi-mahi" in order to avoid Hideous Scenes. "MOM! THEY KILLED FLIPPER! AAAUUUUGGHHH!"
Last edited by Lambchop on Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.