What is this thing?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Flyingcursor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

What is this thing?

Post by Flyingcursor »

Whilst looking at satallite images for Tyler's house (nice mountain view btw) I came across this odd looking thing just west of Salt Lake City.

Here are two pictures. What the heck is this?

I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

That's the Kennecott Copper Mine! :D
Just 10 miles west of where I grew up.

P.S., I live in Taylorsville.....look there...
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

"What is this thing?"-----the one question that wives definately should not ask their husbands on their wedding night! :lol:
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

Flyingcursor wrote: "Hmmm, satelite pictures of Salt Lake.... :twisted:
Now I can finally find that sumbitch Tyler and shut him up good!"
(ok, this was just a joke :D )
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Tyler Morris wrote:
Flyingcursor wrote: "Hmmm, satelite pictures of Salt Lake.... :twisted:
Now I can finally find that sumbitch Tyler and shut him up good!"
(ok, this was just a joke :D )
:lol: :lol:

Winner!

BTW, Google has your address wrong then. Unless Tyler Morris is not your real name.

I spend waay too much time with google satallite pictures. Any time I take a road trip I trace the whole way via satallite. I also spend time looking up people from this board. So far I actually used it to help find chiffer's homes twice for visiting purposes.
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

Flydood,
It's probably because I'm not listed in any phone directories...because of one or two professions I used to do in my line of work. (prison system guard, "bounty hunter", and because I have location specific knowlege of several financial institutions from when I did work for Loomis, Fargo & Co.) You never know when a bad guy might come lookin' fer ya in those lines of work! :twisted:
TomB
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TomB »

Tyler Morris wrote:Flydood,
It's probably because I'm not listed in any phone directories...because of one or two professions I used to do in my line of work. (prison system guard, "bounty hunter", and because I have location specific knowlege of several financial institutions from when I did work for Loomis, Fargo & Co.) You never know when a bad guy might come lookin' fer ya in those lines of work! :twisted:

Tyler: You mentioned in a post that you were a "big dude" and said you would post a pic. I don't know if you ever did that, but given the, umm, hazards of your chosen career path(s), I was wondering how big a dude you actually were??

Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
Flyingcursor

Post by Flyingcursor »

TomB wrote:

Tyler: You mentioned in a post that you were a "big dude" and said you would post a pic. I don't know if you ever did that, but given the, umm, hazards of your chosen career path(s), I was wondering how big a dude you actually were??

Tom
And how do you fit into the mini? And why do you advertise it so willingly?
Good Lord!! It's a TRAP!!!! :boggle:
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

TomB wrote:

Tom
"Get outta here or I'll call the Brute Squad!"
"I'm on the brute squad."
"You ARE the brute squad!!"
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

Flyingcursor wrote:
TomB wrote:

Tom
And how do you fit into the mini? And why do you advertise it so willingly?
Good Lord!! It's a TRAP!!!! :boggle:
Appearances can be decieving eh?
Inside this big ol' shell I'm just a softy at heart :D !

Tom, I'll post pictures as soon as I have Internet access at home again...we cancelled ours recently to opt for high speed cable because we dont use our phone line for anything but internet anyhow. the combined bill was more than cable internet, so we're switching.
I'll get one of me next to the car, then one in the car...you'll never believe your eyes!

Actually, Minis are deceptively roomy inside for thier size. My Mini has more room than my POS Toyota Corolla GT-S.
flanum
Location: Cavan via Dublin, Skerries, Donabate, Ballinagh, Cavan, Ballyconnell, Ballinamore, Athlone, Cavan,

Re: What is this thing?

Post by flanum »

Flyingcursor wrote:Whilst looking at satallite images for Tyler's house (nice mountain view btw) I came across this odd looking thing just west of Salt Lake City.

Here are two pictures. What the heck is this?

IT LOOKS A BIT LIKE A CLOSE UP OF THIS
Listen to me young fellow, what need is there for fish to sing when i can roar and bellow?
Will O'B
Location: The Other Side Of The Glen (i.e. A Long Way From Tipperary)

Post by Will O'B »

Flyingcursor wrote: I also spend time looking up people from this board. So far I actually used it to help find chiffer's homes twice for visiting purposes.
I must say that I feel slighted, FC. Unless of course that was you ringing my
doorbell at 4:00 a.m. on June 12th. In which case I would have to
say, "Do it again and I shall sick the bounty hunter on you!!!" :moreevil:

If that wasn't you, then my apologies. :oops:

Will O
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!
Zax

Post by Zax »

Flyingcursor wrote: I also spend time looking up people from this board. So far I actually used it to help find chiffer's homes twice for visiting purposes.
:D that would, of course, be ANNOUNCED visits, right? :P
something to keep in mind when posting our whistle inventories on the board! :lol:
~Z
Aim for Deep Focus.
Flyingcursor

Post by Flyingcursor »

Will O'B wrote:
I must say that I feel slighted, FC. Unless of course that was you ringing my
doorbell at 4:00 a.m. on June 12th. In which case I would have to
say, "Do it again and I shall sick the bounty hunter on you!!!" :moreevil:

If that wasn't you, then my apologies. :oops:

Will O
I looked up "other side of the glen" but there was no Google map.
Zax

maps

Post by Zax »

did you try getting a map for 'the glen'? then you could just pick a side...
;)
~Z
Aim for Deep Focus.