A key impression

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
jsluder
antispam: No

A key impression

Post by jsluder »

Well, my key to the 2K lounge hasn't arrived, but I managed to make an impression of one side of Dubh's key while he was in his cups. There wasn't time to get the other side (he recovers really fast), so I'll just have to hope this works.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
jbarter
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jbarter »

Hey Slude, did you get a hip hip etc. when you went through? I can't remember a farewell party when you left the 1k lounge.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I reused this from the Dissertation thread because it was still in my clipboard. Long live Ctrl-V
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
TomB

Post by TomB »

Flyingcursor wrote:Image

I reused this from the Dissertation thread because it was still in my clipboard. Long live Ctrl-V

....an in this case, you know the poster is a dude. :P

Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

I don't think he did get his HIP!! How could we have missed? The slude dude has entered the lounge! :party: :party: :party:

HIP!!
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

Hip!

Who is that Sluderino guy?
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

HOORAY!!!!!!

I hope this is the right thing here.
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

I managed to make an impression of one side of Dubh's key while he was in his cups.
Dubh was wearing a bra! :o :D

Hooray a little late but I was on vacation.

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Thanks everyone! I considered just staying quiet (ha!) and waiting to see whether anyone would notice, but I've never been very patient. :roll:

[serious] Most of my 2000+ posts on C&F have been humorous (in intent, anyway; I realize humor is subjective). I do, however, appreciate the more serious discussions that go on. (And I am continually amazed at how well this online community gets along, in spite of the sometimes heated arguments and occasional name-calling.) I learn something new every time I browse through the threads, and I've come to consider many folks here to be friends, even though we've never met in person. If I've ever unknowingly insulted or otherwise hurt anyone here with my sometimes feeble attempts at humor, I offer my sincere apologies. You're a great bunch! And thanks to Dale, Rich and Alan (and Joseph, though I seldom participate in the pipe forum) for keeping this place running so smoothly! [/serious]

Okay, back to the jokes...
Jack

Post by Jack »

Is thy last name Sluder or Luder?

I've never been clear on that and this seems an oppurtune time to ask...

GONCRATULATIONS!
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Cranberry wrote:Is thy last name Sluder or Luder?

I've never been clear on that and this seems an oppurtune time to ask...

GONCRATULATIONS!
Thanks Cran. It's Sluder, an Americanization of the German name Schleuder... or Schleuter, or Schluder, or Schluter, or... Okay, we don't really know what the original spelling was, but it is a German name. I've been told that it means either "turnkey" (one who has charge of a prison's keys), "catapult operator", or "slackard" (one who does slipshod work). Personally, I vote for the latter. :D
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

yo..

Post by amar »

...you da man, sludester...
8)
Jack

Post by Jack »

That's what I thought (not that it's important, I'm just weird like that). I dislike Americanization/Anglicisation of German names. I had a great great great great great great grandmother named Müller who became a Miller probably overnight as she stepped on American soil.
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

jsluder wrote:an Americanization of the German name Schleuder... or Schleuter, or Schluder, or Schluter, or...
Hey, are you related to Bernie Schluter the Dutch guy who ran the really good coffee shop on Steep Hill in Lincoln? It's where all the slackards used to hang out when I was a teenager. :D
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

jbarter wrote:
jsluder wrote:an Americanization of the German name Schleuder... or Schleuter, or Schluder, or Schluter, or...
Hey, are you related to Bernie Schluter the Dutch guy who ran the really good coffee shop on Steep Hill in Lincoln? It's where all the slackards used to hang out when I was a teenager. :D
:lol: Trace it back far enough, and we probably are related.

(Unfortunately, we only know the Sluder family tree back to the mid-1700s, when some brothers arrived in North America. I think my aunt found the name of the ship they arrived on, but she never had the resources to go to Europe to research it any further.)