Bummer of a last name!!!!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Random notes
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Random notes »

My brother went to school with a girl named Crystal Pallis. Built like one, too.

Roger
Non omnes qui habemt citharam sunt citharoedi
rebl_rn
antispam: No

Post by rebl_rn »

There was a dentist in a nearby town who was Dr. Kruel (he retired). My doctor when I was a kid was Dr. Skaar (at least he wasn't a plastic surgeon). There's also an infectious disease physician I know who's name is Dr. Bugge.
Wash your hands. Cough and sneeze in your sleeve. Stay home if you are sick. Stay informed. http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu for more info.
Zax

Post by Zax »

I went to high school with Harold and his sister Sissy. Their last name was Balls. Harry is now happily married to Maya Bigge. She kept her own last name, and refuses to hyphenate. (=

Harry's best friend's name was Moby Richard (aka Dick) Long. people never tired of asking him 'where's captain ahab??' of course, the girls got many hours of snickering and wondering about the 'Long' bit.

also, there are two veterinarians in Minnesota that i used to take my dog to-
Dr. Hotvet and Dr Toogood. really. they're still practicing, and in the yellow pages.

~Z
Aim for Deep Focus.
BrassBlower
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by BrassBlower »

https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo
chattiekathy
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

The kid that sat in front of me all through high school was Thomas Peter Cox. He was obnoxious and I wacked him across the head a couple of times.

The Dr. that did one of my friends DNC was Dr. Mold.

Cheers,
Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
Wormdiet

Post by Wormdiet »

OnTheMoor wrote:
jsluder wrote:I knew a guy in grad school who was working on his PhD just so people would stop calling him "Master Bates".
:moreevil: You just made a mess of my computer desk.
:roll:
I trust it's spilled coffee or some such. . .

:D
OOOXXO
Doing it backwards since 2005.
Wormdiet

Post by Wormdiet »

My ex-in-laws are medical case managers. One of their clients was a quadruple amputee, last name "Stumpp." For real.
OOOXXO
Doing it backwards since 2005.
Charlene

Post by Charlene »

A couple of doctors from Spokane:

Dr. Craig Bone

Dr. Milan Jeckle (and yes, we do have several Mr. Hydes in town.)

When I worked in Directory Assistance at the phone company there was one customer who used to get a real kick out of calling and asking for "Ben Dover."
Charlene
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

jsluder wrote:
seisflutes wrote:I'm technically a Criscuolo-DeButts, but I usually just use Criscuolo.
Crisco'ed-Butts!!! :boggle:

:twisted:
Leave it to Sluder.
chattiekathy wrote:The kid that sat in front of me all through high school was Thomas Peter Cox.
Too bad he didn't have four names. The first being John.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

In Grimsby cemetery can be found the grave of Fanny Sizer.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

Flyingcursor wrote:
chattiekathy wrote:The kid that sat in front of me all through high school was Thomas Peter Cox.
Too bad he didn't have four names. The first being John.
And what's wrong with the forenames 'John Thomas'? :swear:

That's a rhetorical question by the way. I've been aware of the problem with bearing that name most of my life. :(
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
amar
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by amar »

there is a famous swiss orthopaedic surgeon, his name is dr. morscher. morsch is the german word for decaying, rotten. like you know, in the woods, when logs get very soft, that softness is called: morsch.

i used to have a dentist, his name was dr savic. :)
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Since we've migrated to funny doctor names....
My daughter's pediatrician is Dr. Havoc....truth be told, that's why I chose him off our list of insured doctors!
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

In western MA, I once lived on a short side street with no exit on the other end. Thus the street sign was "Graves Ave." - "Dead End"

Many governments, companies etc. produce reports with the phrase "New Directions" in the title. Years ago, someone pointed out that if you say it quickly a couple of times it takes on an entirely different meaning.
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

dwinterfield wrote:
Many governments, companies etc. produce reports with the phrase "New Directions" in the title. Years ago, someone pointed out that if you say it quickly a couple of times it takes on an entirely different meaning.
LMAO :lol:
President Bush always likes to take things in New Directions!
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown