You @#$^@^% son of a ^*^#. I oughta $#$#%^%your)(*&^!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Cynth
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Cynth »

Pa, there's somethin' wrong with Little Joe!!! :o
jsluder
antispam: No

Post by jsluder »

Cynth wrote:Pa, there's somethin' wrong with Little Joe!!! :o
"It's okay son, yer just hittin' puberty."
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Jessica Ventura

Post by Jessica Ventura »

Wasn't it Buffy and Jody that got earwigs from Mr. French?
khl
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Longtime member of Chiff and Fipple. I own/have owned more whistles than a person should, I think. But I’m not complaining.

Post by khl »

"No! No! Please, I beg of you. No more of Hop-Sing's medicine."
Keith
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

http://www.doyourownpestcontrol.com/earwig1.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earwig
Etymology
"The name "earwig" is said to originate from an old belief that earwigs crawl into people's ears and lay eggs in the brain. Earwigs do tend to prefer being in hidden places, and on very rare occasions have been known to find their way into a human ear canal, but only as far as the eardrum and certainly never into the brain. Another explanation is that it is an alteration of "ear-wing", after the shape of the hind wings when unfolded; but it's important to note that the Oxford English Dictionary states unequivocally that the name is derived from Old English words for ear and wiggle "from the notion that it penetrates into the head through the ear.""

http://thefolklorist.com/critters/earwig.htm
"The Texas Department of Agriculture in cooperation with the Department of Health has issued a warning surrounding earwig infestations in the state. The earwig is a small insect, with forceps-like antennae, many jointed feelers and a pincher-like beak at the end of it’s tail. They mate in the cooler days of autumn and prefer to engage their mating behavior on vegetables of the squash and gourd variety. During the Halloween season, pumpkins are of particular concern for transmission of these parasites to humans.

These insects are quite insidious, the fertilized female will attach herself to hair, clothing and/or skin, and under the cover of darkness wend her way into the ear canal, burrowing then through the middle and inner ear to the brain. Upon reaching the brain, the earwig first severs the cranial nerve, which serves as both a blessing and a curse to the victim. Whereas the victim suffers no pain thereafter, the victim is also unaware of the progressive degeneration of cerebral tissue.

Over the course of several days, the female burrows a network of tunnels through the temporal and frontal lobes of the brain, implanting her eggs as she digs along. After she has deposited her entire brood of approximately 1000 eggs, she emerges in the sinus cavity where she expires. The eggs hatch after about 4 days of incubation. Immediately after they pass through the pupae stage, about 2 days later, each larva burrows further into the brain, shredding brain tissues and consuming it for nourishment. The victim will usually die a horrible and debilitating death about a week later as the larvae reach maturity.

The entire process of host infestation to host death spans only about 2 weeks, so recognizing the symptoms and seeking treatment is of immediate concern.

If you experience any of the following symptoms, seek medical attention immediately:

Bleeding from the ears, fever over 103 F for more than a day, heart palpitations, migraine-like headaches and/or sudden speech impairment."

JUST SHOOT ME NOW. :wink:
khl
Tell us something.: Longtime member of Chiff and Fipple. I own/have owned more whistles than a person should, I think. But I’m not complaining.

Post by khl »

A noteworthy cure for earwigs is to take a Susato (or other similarly loud whistle) and play the little known "Earwig" Air. This starts on (and never goes below) high A and ventures back and forth in the third octave. Guaranteed to kill anything in your ears. Be sure to trill at the end--adds a nice touch.

(I've added this about a whistle tune before that *&X# Wisely guy tells us we're off topic or before someone reminds us all that we really must get a life.)

Cheers.
Keith
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

khl wrote:I think Cynth and PhilO are trying to fool us. Truth is (and if you look at the picture closely anyone can see this), I'm quite certain this all took place either on an episode of Bonanza or the Brady Bunch.
Actually it was a little known episode of Have Gun Will Travel in which Hey Boy tried to assassinate Paladin in his sleep by stuffing semi moist elephant mushrooms in his ears...

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Origami Earwig:
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
fiddlinviolinin

Post by fiddlinviolinin »

I <3 origami... I would've gladly exchanged the number of years of origami with piping =P

Hmmm... Yep Earwigs. ::Shudder::

Anyway.. Where the Hell is Jamie Oliver??!! I can't live like this.. BAH. Emril.. BAH.
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Earwigs. Silverfish. Cucharachas. Weeeeevils.

Cynth, have you tried diatomaceous earth?
ctilbury

Post by ctilbury »

Lambchop wrote:Earwigs. Silverfish. Cucharachas. Weeeeevils.

Cynth, have you tried diatomaceous earth?
I like it on pork chops. Yumetyyumyumyum...
Happy Whistling!
-=ChuckT=-
www.whistlemaker.com
Tony McGinley

Post by Tony McGinley »

Ear Wig???

jbarter

Post by jbarter »

Eeew! This is one seriously off topic thread but please don't take it to the pub. It'll put people off their beer.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
Tom Dowling
Tell us something.: Well, I've been a contributor and visitor to this site since 2001. At one time or another, one of my photographs was the opening page photograph. My teacher was Bill Ochs. I play the Penny Whistle. Not a lot else to say.

Post by Tom Dowling »

OK THEN:

Name the movie that featured aparticularly gruesome earwig type segment and a soundtrack which had some very fine pipe and whistle playing (as I recall---I saw it before I got the whistle-bug) by a fine player and teacher whose name should be uttered with reverence by us all.

HINT--a big boat ws pulled up a waterfalls and Willem Dafoe was the victim of the cranial invasion, also as I dimly recall.

First C & F'er to name the flick and the fine player featured on the soundtrack wins a free 8 X 10 signed and numbered print of my avatar or another of my mediocre photos (big deal), all of which are guaranteed to increase in value when and if (and if and only if) I get hit by a bus.

Tom D.
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

Tom Dowling wrote:a free 8 X 10 signed and numbered print of my avatar or another of my mediocre photos (big deal), all of which are guaranteed to increase in value when and if (and if and only if) I get hit by a bus.
Tom D.
You're being too modest, Tom. I've seen some of your photos and they are excellend indeed. Wish I did remember that movie...
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!