You @#$^@^% son of a ^*^#. I oughta $#$#%^%your)(*&^!

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Teri-K
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Teri-K »

dwinterfield wrote:
We've been with Adelphia for a long time and suprisingly the service has been okay for the past couple of years. Now our town has been bought by COMCAST as part of the Adelphia bankruptcy.

(As an the ethical aside, are millions in corporate fraud, dozens of major felonies and general all around nepotistic corruption socially acceptable if the perpertrators can deliver quality cable TV and cable modem service?)

&(^*)^JJ =)*^%&*HJ Koioyff0=9U* ()&_+^_(^ COMCAST !!!! Just practicing. The worst part of the changeover is that I'll lose my 8 year old e-mail address and probably be forced to become ******161739.comcast.net :-?
I'm so sorry to hear you've had Comcast forced upon you. They've been gobbling up smaller providers (and not so smaller) for a few years now. We started out with a very good local company that was bought out by ATT&T, who was then bought out by Comcast - all in the space of about 3 or 4 years. I understand the dismay over an email address. It has become as important as a telephone number. We have had inferior service from them from day one, but monopoly and all that. One tech that came out made such a pig's breakfast of things my hubby told him to get off the property and send a real tech. It took the next tech over 6 hours to fix his mess.

Maybe it's a local thing - I hope so for your sake :)
oscartherabbit

Post by oscartherabbit »

ConnieS wrote: Here, here. Last week my five-year-old asked me what wasps are for. I said, "Well, uh...um..." Nothing!!! They do nothing, and nothing would bother to eat them.
Absolutely. They just hang around in gangs making a nuisance of themselves, being intimidating and making an irritating high pitched whining noise.

They are the chavs of the insect world.

Never mind baking soda on the stings - emptying an entire can of raid on the nest is far more satisfying. Followed by petrol and a lighted match.
You don't stop playing when you get old. You get old when you stop playing.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Oh, insects. Anybody want a few billion earwigs? We have been invaded by them for the last couple of years. They are disgusting. Once when I was little someone told me that while you were sleeping one could get in your ear and eat its way through your brain and go out the other year. They are everywhere. In the yard, eating the blossoms on the plants---yes, I checked with a flashlight at night and they literally rained off the blossoms onto me. They come in the house and hide. I am now able to squash them with my bare hands. I wouldn't mind them so much but they are sneaky, like cockroaches. They run and hide. Yes, they are ways to kill them ranging from the totally harmless (leaving pieces of damp cardboard around so that they will congregate in the tunnels inside the cardboard and then putting the cardboard in a bag to throw away) to the poisoness. You open a door here and jump back while they rain down on the threshold. I no longer care. I don't try to kill them anymore. I hate them but they have conquered me.
Jessica Ventura

Post by Jessica Ventura »

I thought this was a family @#$* forum.
Bloomfield
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Bloomfield »

Cynth wrote:Oh, insects. Anybody want a few billion earwigs? We have been invaded by them for the last couple of years. They are disgusting. Once when I was little someone told me that while you were sleeping one could get in your ear and eat its way through your brain and go out the other year. They are everywhere. In the yard, eating the blossoms on the plants---yes, I checked with a flashlight at night and they literally rained off the blossoms onto me. They come in the house and hide. I am now able to squash them with my bare hands. I wouldn't mind them so much but they are sneaky, like cockroaches. They run and hide. Yes, they are ways to kill them ranging from the totally harmless (leaving pieces of damp cardboard around so that they will congregate in the tunnels inside the cardboard and then putting the cardboard in a bag to throw away) to the poisoness. You open a door here and jump back while they rain down on the threshold. I no longer care. I don't try to kill them anymore. I hate them but they have conquered me.
Remember that Protestantism teaches us that if it's unpleasant, it must be good for you.
/Bloomfield
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Bloomfield wrote:
Cynth wrote:Oh, insects. Anybody want a few billion earwigs? We have been invaded by them for the last couple of years. They are disgusting. Once when I was little someone told me that while you were sleeping one could get in your ear and eat its way through your brain and go out the other year. They are everywhere. In the yard, eating the blossoms on the plants---yes, I checked with a flashlight at night and they literally rained off the blossoms onto me. They come in the house and hide. I am now able to squash them with my bare hands. I wouldn't mind them so much but they are sneaky, like cockroaches. They run and hide. Yes, they are ways to kill them ranging from the totally harmless (leaving pieces of damp cardboard around so that they will congregate in the tunnels inside the cardboard and then putting the cardboard in a bag to throw away) to the poisoness. You open a door here and jump back while they rain down on the threshold. I no longer care. I don't try to kill them anymore. I hate them but they have conquered me.
Remember that Protestantism teaches us that if it's unpleasant, it must be good for you.
Yes, earwigs are God's will in action. You must become like Job... or was that the PALM TREE? Ah, whatever.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Well that's it, I'm going for coffee again.........................
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

jsluder, The chances of me becoming like a palm tree are zero to none. :twisted:

Bloomfield, yes, I came from folks who felt that way. My personal feeling is that bad experiences do build your character and that's why a person ends up like this :twisted:. I used to always envy my Catholic friends as a child. Their families were always drinking wine and laughing. Even the priest drank wine and laughed! The Protestants seemed a dull grey lot by comparison. NO INTENTION TO INSULT. I've nothing to do with any religion now. I respect them all. And so on.
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

jsluder wrote:
Bloomfield wrote:
Yes, earwigs are God's will in action. You must become like Job... or was that the PALM TREE? Ah, whatever.
There was a great old Twilight Zone (or perhaps later other such show) in which some servant killed the obnoxious landowners by placing earwigs in their ears and then they'd slowly eat their way through to the other side - a horrible and painful definite death; until the most obnoxious lord of the realm miraculously survives - only to have the physician at the end say "Yes, but it was a female and laid many eggs"

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
StewySmoot

Re: You @#$^@^% son of a ^*^#. I oughta $#$#%^%your)(*&^

Post by StewySmoot »

brewerpaul wrote:In light of some of the "heated" discussions here lately, I thought it might be useful to start a thread SPECIFICALLY posted as a place for people to vent their spleens.
No real names or real Chiff names please, or perhaps not even real specific whistle-related situations. Just come to the thread and let it pour!
I'll start:

Whistlemaven-- who the hell told you that you know anything at all about neo-Celtic punk music? You have no idea at all of the proper way to play it, so why do you even try. You insist on endorsing those astoundingly crappy Blarney brand whistles, which any newbie knows are total trash. I should know because I AM a real expert in these things. You on the other hand are a pathetic pile of manure, and hardly worth the electricity it's taking me to post this. Not only that, I've seen a picture of you and you're ugly. And so's your Mama! And she dresses you funny!!
There, I feel better already...

This way, maybe we can keep the real threads a bit more civil...

Who let the soccer_moms out?

:D
<a href="http://www.whistletotheworld.com/" target="_blank"> Whistle to the World</a>
Helping underprivileged kids learn music via the Irish Whistle.
kfg

Post by kfg »

Cynth wrote: If I come across you I will take a scissors to that hair of yours! And make you change your dress.
Whereas I'd be inclined to do things the other way around.

KFG
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

PhilO wrote:There was a great old Twilight Zone (or perhaps later other such show) in which some servant killed the obnoxious landowners by placing earwigs in their ears and then they'd slowly eat their way through to the other side - a horrible and painful definite death; until the most obnoxious lord of the realm miraculously survives - only to have the physician at the end say "Yes, but it was a female and laid many eggs"
I sure never saw that on any Twilight Zone! :boggle:
kfg wrote:Whereas I'd be inclined to do things the other way around.
So you would make her change her hair and you would take a scissors...........OH. I get it. :lol:
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Cynth - Methinks twere perhaps Night Gallery?

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Yep, right you are. I didn't really see any of those because I was away at school. I loved The Twilight Zone, but I'm sorta glad I didn't see this Night Gallery show. :lol: Laurence Harvey was a great actor. I don't know if he is still living.

http://www.nightgallery.net/index.html?season_0.html&2
Night Gallery #28 (3-1-72)
THE CATERPILLAR*. A bored colonial on a Malaysian plantation finds himself the victim of a gruesome assassination plot he had planned for someone else. Cast: Laurence Harvey, Joanna Pettet, John Williams.

http://www.jumptheshark.com/n/nightgallery.htm
"That said, this show had some terrific episodes in spite of the problems. Several shows that, if you saw them as a child, have stuck in your head for years. I'm surprised no one has yet mentioned "The Caterpillar"; Laurence Harvey (maybe his best performance ever) played a scoundrel wishing to kill an older gentleman to make a move on his much younger and very hot wife (played by Joanna Pettit). His scheme? A hybrid caterpillar (called an "earwig") would be inserted into the man's ear during sleep; the hybrid would be unable to "back up" and therefore would eat its way through the man's brain! Harvey falls afoul of his own scheme when a mistake is made, yet miraculously survives the creature's 2+ week journey across his head when it somehow finds its way out the other ear. THEN he learns that the earwig was a female, and had laid eggs in his brain! THIS one scared me as much as any episode of the Twilight Zone, Outer Limits or anything else you want to name."
khl
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Longtime member of Chiff and Fipple. I own/have owned more whistles than a person should, I think. But I’m not complaining.

Post by khl »

I think Cynth and PhilO are trying to fool us. Truth is (and if you look at the picture closely anyone can see this), I'm quite certain this all took place either on an episode of Bonanza or the Brady Bunch.
Keith