thanks

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Jack
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

thanks

Post by Jack »

Roger told me to post something here at the beginning of each month, but I forgot...

So all my paperwork and dorm selection and final travel arrangements and all that other college "stuff" is completely wrapped up, finished. The only thing that is keeping me from being in school is time--the time from now until classes start on the 26th.

I am so thrilled (and nervous) about this. I really do feel a new chapter beginning in my life, a chapter that, a couple years ago, I didn't believe could exist.

I have made a list of 10 things I want to do in the next year, and I am so excited just to be living.

I'll confess that my real reason for posting this isn't so much an update for people to read, though, but that I want to publicly offer sincere thanks to all the members here who have helped me in various ways along my way, but especially
  • to Jerry Freeman for being so persistent, consistent, kind, and fatherly toward me. It was you, Jerry, who single-handedly taught me about showing restraint and not giving into the psychological "hooks" that people throw out. This has been a very powerful lesson in my life.

to Jim Stone for being generous with your time and resources (and friends' time and resources for that matter).

to Dale Wisely for being so gentle and non-combative towards me even when I tried to bite your head off a few times, and for being so extremely generous in so many ways--financial, theological, and psychological to name a few.

to Andrea (andreaz54) just for being a listening ear when I was going crazy. She doesn't post much so a lot of people here probably haven't even heard of her, but I have and it's been a blessing to know her through good times and bad.

to Walden for being such an awesomely kind and Christian friend who I can always talk to, and for being such a wealth of information and a person who feels like ma kin!

to Flyingcursor for being a normal person and for treating me like a normal person.

to ErikT, for helping me with a gift a couple years ago when I was in a really dark and confusing time. The generosity as well as the gift itself still affect me and always will.

to all the nightly and sometimes-nightly "chat-people" whose names I couldn't possibly remember. You all rock!

to Beth (avanutria) for pure inspiration. I think of you and your journey of life and college often. It lets me know that it can be done.

to TelegramSam for fighting with me about the cat then becoming a person I'm honored to call my friend. :) And for just being yourself and for your levelheadedness and fairness.

and above all to Jesus the Christ, for unconditionally loving me even though a lot of your followers seem to hate me and for holding me so firm when my life has been so shakey. Without a personal relationship with you I am convinced that I would now be dead or at the very least barely living.
Yep... :)

THANK YOU ALL!
Last edited by Jack on Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Thank YOU.
aderyn_du

Post by aderyn_du »

You're beautiful, Cran. Ever striving to learn, grow, and BECOME.

I'm so happy for you, with all your transformations and beginnings!

~Andrea (the non-andreaz54 variety <g>)
Music melts all the separate parts of our bodies together. ~Anais Nin
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

I think that one thing I've learned is that for all our oppositenesses we have quite a bit in common.
Reasonable person
Walden
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Cran,
I am so happy for you in this new adventure. You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers! :)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Good luck in school, Cranberry. I'll just give you some motherly advice if I may. If you start to have trouble, go see the professor immediately. Don't wait! Get whatever you don't get figured out right away so you don't get behind. Based on my own personal experience of what I should have done. :) But I'm serious.
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Hello Cran,

From my experience with entering college, the first year was a big adjustment, coming from a little town and entering a school with 35,000 students. I made it, though. The second year was a little easier, and I fell hopelessly in love. By the third year I was a pro at finding the resources that I needed to be successful. My senior year was a downhill coast. I even took beginning piano and ornithology, much to the dismay of my advisors in the geosciences.

Good luck, and have a great college experience.
spittin_in_the_wind

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

I am so psyched for you, Cran, you've overcome a lot of adversity. But if you quit posting here, I'll personally come down there and Whup your lily white @$$!!

Robin
Wormdiet

Post by Wormdiet »

:party:
OOOXXO
Doing it backwards since 2005.
chattiekathy
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Way to go Cran! :D

Best wishes to you! I never went to college so I can't give you any advice but I can say that I am sure that you have what it takes to get through it! You have grown alot since you started posting on C&F and I think you have a lot of strengths that you don't even know about yet.

Cheers,
Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

What a great message, a salve for a lot of petty wounds around here.

Very best wishes to you!
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

:)
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

No no no....thank YOU!

Only 16 more days!!!!!

What classes are you taking?
:party:
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

Excelsior.

Keep us posted Cran.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
TomB

Post by TomB »

Cran: Excellent. Keep up the good work, my friend.

All the Best, Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"