Copeands for sale? Why so many?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
brewerpaul
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Copeands for sale? Why so many?

Post by brewerpaul »

Right now there are several Copelands for sale on the board in various keys. I myself just traded my low D for a new Sweet Dymondwood. I loved the Copeland but I'm more of a wood type of guy, even if it's phenolic resin impregnated (review upcoming).

Just curious why there's such a rush on Copeland sales all of a sudden..
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
walker
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by walker »

The Perseid Showers? The discovery of a 10th Planet? I don't know.

I noticed it too, just before I posted my whistle. I decided to sell it weeks ago and then left on a Long Trail hike. I just returned and saw the Copelands listed.-- My reasons are, for what it's worth, (which may be little or nothing) : I need the money; I don't play c that often to justify extra instruments in that key. The recent conversations re: Generations led me to pull out some late 70's vintage red tops and tweak a bit. My Bb and C Gens are fine for my needs. Your delrin d, the brass Copeland, an Overton and a Humphrey stealth cover all my "d" needs currently-solo, different instrumental mixes and types of music, amplified and not. ---Seems to be a few more 'd' needs than 'c' needs.

Thanks for your great whistles,
Walker
Doc Jones
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Doc Jones »

I'm selling a very fabulous low-D to pay for some keys for a Hamilton flute.

Doc
:) Doc's Book

Want to learn about medicinal herbs?
Doc's Website

Want to become a Clinical Herbalist? Doc's Herb School
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

Paul - I think if you check back aways, you'll find a plethora of sale postings for many different makers' whistles - Overton, Alba, etc. I think there are just many more Copelands around because they've been in vogue for so long; they are also expensive and worth selling. I just came into two very old Copelands that I love - right now I play daily these D and C Copelands, your delrin (alien green friend), Burkes and Sindts.

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
brewerpaul
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by brewerpaul »

PhilO wrote:Paul - I think if you check back aways, you'll find a plethora of sale postings for many different makers' whistles - Overton, Alba, etc. Philo
Alas, even mine! I guess the multi-Copeland thing is just a cooincidence.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

I don't think I could justify having a whistle taht expensive I would want to sell it so much. It is all the low economy.
StewySmoot

Post by StewySmoot »

No different from the Great Overton Glut of '87 or the Freeman Tweaked Elephant Sale of '63.
<a href="http://www.whistletotheworld.com/" target="_blank"> Whistle to the World</a>
Helping underprivileged kids learn music via the Irish Whistle.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

I am going with coincidence.
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

Unseen122 wrote:I don't think I could justify having a whistle taht expensive I would want to sell it so much. It is all the low economy.
Heck, I own an O'Riordan D/C Traveler set that I don't even come close to playing well. I could sell them for any number of reasons. I have suggested such to the wife and her emphatic response is always, "NO! You will NOT sell those whistles, I don't care how much they are worth."

I guess she likes the way they sound even in my feeble attempts at playing. Maybe she sees some hope for me as a player and wants me to grow into the whistle. We play more classical and church type music and it seems to fit that bill quite well. As a side note, the O'Riordan D is the only whistle I ever played that gave me goosebumps the first time I played it.
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

I got my Burke and if I had to choose one whistle to keep I would keep that one because I love it so if I did have a Copeland and I didn't like it more than my Burke I would sell it. I know what it feels like to have something so valuable it is kind of like think of how many cheaper things I could have but think about how much it is worth to me.
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I'm selling my Copeland high D.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

Curse those Copeands. And everything else that comes from the planet Copea.
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

GaryKelly wrote:Curse those Copeands. And everything else that comes from the planet Copea.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."