'Noteworthy' Joke

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Cathy Wilde
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

'Noteworthy' Joke

Post by Cathy Wilde »

OK, I had to post this; a friend sent it this morning. And talk about GEEKAGE! :boggle: Who figured this one out?

A C, an E-flat, and a G go into a bar. The bartender says: "Sorry, but we don't serve minors." So the E-flat leaves, and the C and the G have an open fifth between them. After a few drinks, the fifth is diminished and the G is out flat. An F comes in and tries to augment the situation, but is not sharp enough.

A D comes into the bar and heads straight for the bathroom saying, "Excuse me. I'll just be a second." Then an A comes into the bar, but the bartender is not convinced that this relative of C is not a minor.

Then the bartender notices a B-flat hiding at the end of the bar and exclaims, "Get out now. You're the seventh minor I've found in this bar tonight."

The E-flat, not easily deflated, comes back to the bar the next night in a 3-piece suit with nicely shined shoes. The bartender (who used to have a nice corporate job until his company downsized) says, "You're looking sharp tonight, come on in! This could be a major development."

This proves to be the case, as the E-flat takes off the suit, and everything else, and stands there au natural.

Eventually, the C sobers up, and realizes in horror that he's under a rest. The C is brought to trial, is found guilty of contributing to the diminution of a minor, and is sentenced to 10 years of DS without Coda at an upscale correctional facility. On appeal, however, the C is found innocent of any wrongdoing, even accidental, and that all accusations to the contrary are bassless.

The bartender decides, however, that since he's only had tenor so patrons, and the sopranout in the bathroom, everything has become altoo much treble; he needs a rest, and closes the bar.
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
fyffer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by fyffer »

:lol: :lol:
___\|/______________________________
|___O____|_O_O_o_|_o_O__O__|_O__O__|
vomitbunny

Post by vomitbunny »

A man, convinced that he can become a great composer by drinking wine from the skull of Beethoven, decides to find the grave and dig up the remains. After finding the grave, he proceeds to dig up the coffin. Upon finding the coffin and hoisting it up, he pries the lid off. There lies Beethoven, with a lit candle, a stack of music and huge eraser, erasing note after note. He shouts, "Close the door, man, I'm decomposing!".
My opinion is stupid and wrong.
greenspiderweb
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by greenspiderweb »

:D :party: :P I like your story Cathy! And, Beethoven's not bad either VB! :wink:

What is perfect pitch?

It's when you are tossing the piano accordian into the trash can and it hits the banjo already in there!
~~~~
Barry
Jack Bradshaw

Post by Jack Bradshaw »

OK, I had to post this; a friend sent it this morning. And talk about GEEKAGE! Who figured this one out?
I don't know...but it sure sqweeks of Tal !
603/329-7322
"I fail to see why doing the same thing over and over and getting the
same results every time is insanity: I've almost proved it isn't;
only a few more tests now and I'm sure results will differ this time ... "
Denny

Post by Denny »

Jack Bradshaw wrote:
OK, I had to post this; a friend sent it this morning. And talk about GEEKAGE! Who figured this one out?
Naw! Not model or pentatonic enough...
Doug_Tipple
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

Jack Bradshaw wrote:
I had the same thought, Jack, but I didn't want to irritate my friend, Tal, down under. He might have started calling me names again.
talasiga

The Real Tal

Post by talasiga »

Darlings! The problem with E flat is that she went to the C Major Hotel.

Had she taken her friends to the Bb Major Tavern, they would all have been considered natural patrons and treated accordingly. None of them are minors therein.

:P
qui jure suo utitur neminem laedit
ninjaaron

Re: The Real Tal

Post by ninjaaron »

talasiga wrote:Darlings! The problem with E flat is that she went to the C Major Hotel.

Had she taken her friends to the Bb Major Tavern, they would all have been considered natural patrons and treated accordingly. None of them are minors therein.

sick.

BTW... that might be kind crazy, being in a Bb tavern... after the G goes flat and the E goes natural, that could be a very tense situation, I mean really, who would be the dominant one then? At the end of the day, it doesn't resolve anything
Everyone likes music
Cathy Wilde

Re: The Real Tal

Post by Cathy Wilde »

talasiga wrote:Darlings! The problem with E flat is that she went to the C Major Hotel.

Would that have made E Flat a Leading Tone? :eek:
Deja Fu: The sense that somewhere, somehow, you've been kicked in the head exactly like this before.
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

P.S. I'm enjoying everyone's replies more than the joke!

That wouldn't make me a ... shallow person, would it? (Lyle Lovett)
Denny

Post by Denny »

Cathy Wilde wrote:P.S. I'm enjoying everyone's replies more than the joke!

That wouldn't make me a ... shallow person, would it? (Lyle Lovett)
me too!

oh, ah, cheeseburger
vomitbunny

Post by vomitbunny »

Why does using Crisco on the tuning slide of whistles and flutes make them play too sharp? Because it's shortening.
My opinion is stupid and wrong.
Cathy Wilde

Post by Cathy Wilde »

vomitbunny wrote:Why does using Crisco on the tuning slide of whistles and flutes make them play too sharp? Because it's shortening.
GAAAAHHHHHH! :lol:

.... If I were like lightning, I wouldn't need no sneakers .... (Lyle Lovett)
dow
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by dow »

Cathy Wilde wrote:
.... If I were like lightning, I wouldn't need no sneakers .... (Lyle Lovett)
If I had a boat, I'd go out on the ocean
And if I had a pony, I'd ride him on my boat
And we could all together, go out on the ocean
Me upon my pony on my boat (Lyle Lovett)
Dow Mathis ∴
Boerne, TX
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently motivated fool.