Is my obsession with Minis too much?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

Is my obsession a little much????

Yes
41%
No
24%
Only for someone as tall as you, Tyler!
12%
You have an unhealthy lifestyle!
No votes
I admit that I'm a little obsessed too...
12%
British cars rule, of course not!
12%

Total votes: 17

Tyler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Is my obsession with Minis too much?

Post by Tyler »

Last edited by Tyler on Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Well, I didn't think so until you posted this poll...

:wink:
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

No, it's cute.

However, that first mini is ugly. Too much goop defaces a classic.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
Tyler
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

s1m0n wrote:No, it's cute.

However, that first mini is ugly. Too much goop defaces a classic.
Very true, I was trying for the extreme look to see what kind of response I could get outta folks! :D
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
s1m0n
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by s1m0n »

Tyler Morris wrote: Very true, I was trying for the extreme look to see what kind of response I could get outta folks! :D
Troll!
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

s1m0n wrote:
Tyler Morris wrote: Very true, I was trying for the extreme look to see what kind of response I could get outta folks! :D
Troll!
Mini Troll!

missy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by missy »

Hey - I'd have an obsession with Corvettes (pre 1970), if I could afford to own one!
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

I voted no because it doesn't effect me so you should be as obsessed as you want to be.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Denny

Post by Denny »

Flyingcursor wrote:I voted no because it doesn't effect me so you should be as obsessed as you want to be.
same here, quite affordable.
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

s1m0n wrote:
Troll!
:waah: :waah: :waah:
Sorry, it was just innocent fun :D
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

On a tinwhistle forum, you ask this????? You are surrounded by nutjobs with 30-60 whistles (yes, including me)...

Okay, WHOA is okay, MINIOA is not. Is that what ya want, ya wanker??

Just kidding! :lol:
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Tyler

Post by Tyler »

I guess obsession runs rampant here, y'know!
30-40 whistles....30-40 Minis...
When I polish the talent of playing my whistles while driving my mini and taknig a self portrait while doing so...I'll definately post pictures! :D
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

No one can ever be too obsessed with minis :D
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Teri-K

Post by Teri-K »

Someone please explain (yes, I'll be sorry) this male obsession with cars. For the life of me, I just don't get it. A car is simply a hunk of metal used for the purpose of transporting a person from point A to point B. Aesthetics are not important, reliability is. Why drive a car that is capable of speeds up to 160 m.p.h. when you'll get busted for 80?

I was perfectly happy in my little mini-van that fit my Costco runs and both dogs. I was pleasantly anonymous behind the wheel and no one gave me a second look. Actually, someone didn't bother to give me a first look and t-boned me in an intersection, totaling my little mini-van. Hubby hinted then used puppy eyes to win his case for a sports car. Since we have no children, I figured what the hell. Now Costco runs are interesting and the dogs haven't seen the interior because of the leather. Anonymity? Men rubber neck, wink at me and give evil little grins when I drive by. My appearance hasn't changed a bit, but suddenly I'm someone to flirt with. Strange thing this men and cars!
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Teri-K wrote:Someone please explain (yes, I'll be sorry) this male obsession with cars. ...
... Strange thing this men and cars!
Not all men. I'm definitely not a "car guy". A sleek, new sea kayak will turn my head fast enough to give me whiplash, though. :wink: