ROTFLMAO!!!!! I remember this!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
MarkB

ROTFLMAO!!!!! I remember this!

Post by MarkB »

And what joyful fun a kid had peeing it, until he was found out. I was reading the Saturday paper just now on an article on the different types of toilets cottagers are using and this one brought the hilarious laughter and roaring until I almost wet my pants.

It is described this way in the paper; ..." the process requires electricty and can be nerve-wrcking. A friend 0nce described it as " going to the bathroom into a Melitta coffee filter perched on top of nuclear reacto.""

THE INCINOLET

Now imagine a cottage filled with weekend drinkers!

MarkB

PS: in the same article is stated that our Govenor-General herself prefers the composting toilet, to which her dutiful husband tends to like his garden.
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Lambchop
antispam: No

Post by Lambchop »

Ha! "Face toilet to flush!" :lol:

Interestingly, the photograph shows a . . . plunger sitting off to the left rear. Why???

And, where does one pee? :-?

[Thanks! I always wondered what an Incinolet looked like!]
mvhplank
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by mvhplank »

With all the fuss some areas are going through to get good drinking water, you wonder why it's legal to use it to flush away body waste.

My long-range plans include building a secluded little cabin on some land unsuited for an in-ground septic system. I've found a nice Envirolet toilet that I think would be wonderful. It's a compromise between the compost-right-there "throne" styles and a conventional flush system.

Sadly, it's not as flashy as the one pictured above!

M
Marguerite
Gettysburg
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Too much work! and waste! We use composting toilets... also too much work, but no waste at all.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Is there still a black market in Canadian toilets?

I remember there was after the low-flow toilets (the kind that take three tries to flush) became mandatory in the US . . . people were smuggling high-flow Canadian toilets across the border . . .
Tony
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

Lambchop wrote:Is there still a black market in Canadian toilets?....
From what I hear... yes.

It started when the US imposed water saving regulations on toilet and urinal manufacturers. Modern toilets have to flush only using 1 gallon of water. You will see the "1GPF/3.8LPF" markings on them. I think the old standard allowed 1.6 gallons per flush.
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

"cottagers?"

I thought "cottaging" was a Brit term for gay sex cruising. If not then I have to change the lyrics to my new song, "Danny's gone a'cottaging, Sally's home a'cryin."
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Martin Milner
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Martin Milner »

Flyingcursor wrote:"cottagers?"

I thought "cottaging" was a Brit term for gay sex cruising. If not then I have to change the lyrics to my new song, "Danny's gone a'cottaging, Sally's home a'cryin."
Yup! Beat me to it, Mark's post conjured up quite thw wrong mental image for me.

I'm glad to hear that earth closets are coming back into fashion. Using a gallon or two of drinking water to flush, which just moves the problem along a bit, seems criminal with the water shortages about. It just requires a bit of re-education.
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
anniemcu
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

mvhplank wrote:With all the fuss some areas are going through to get good drinking water, you wonder why it's legal to use it to flush away body waste.

My long-range plans include building a secluded little cabin on some land unsuited for an in-ground septic system. I've found a nice Envirolet toilet that I think would be wonderful. It's a compromise between the compost-right-there "throne" styles and a conventional flush system.

Sadly, it's not as flashy as the one pictured above!

M
I, having years in the 'business' of using composting toilets, must offer up a word of warning here. We own a commercial version of composting toilet, the Sun Mar, like the http://www.envirolet.com/enwatsel.html from Envirolet... We hate it... it serves as a plant stand at present. I wouldn't give it away to anybody, and certainly wouldn't sell it to anyone. It is a high priced, low efficiency substitute for the real thing... a bucket with sawdust is far more practical, efficient, and smells better! It also makes far less of a mess when things don't go according to the instructions :boggle: , and, you get far better customer support. :lol:

see this link (I appologize for the incessant ads!!) http://www.angelfire.com/mo/sasschool/compost.html for more.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
BrassBlower

Post by BrassBlower »

Lambchop wrote:Is there still a black market in Canadian toilets?

I remember there was after the low-flow toilets (the kind that take three tries to flush) became mandatory in the US . . . people were smuggling high-flow Canadian toilets across the border . . .
There is one distinct advantage to low-flow toilets: If they get stopped up, the water won't run out into the floor. Of course, that's coupled with the disadvantage that they are more likely to stop up in the first place. :boggle:
https://www.facebook.com/4StringFantasy

I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

-Galileo
s1m0n

Post by s1m0n »

Canada should put a stop to the export trade in used toilets; it stands to harm us far more than any trade in marijauna or seeds could.

The US is racing to the bottom of the Ogalalla aquifer as fast as ever it could, and they have no plans for what to do when the water runs out. It's crazy.

We need only to look at the desertification in Lake Baikal, which was once the second largest body of fresh water in the world to see what the future of most of the mid west and west looks like. It's not pretty.

And instead of throttling back, grown americans have been yelling about their right to flush sh*t with five gallon toilets for twenty years now, as if yelling would make more water. The greed and stupidity on display is astonishing; more so than even the SUV craze.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
NicoMoreno
Tell us something.: I just wanted to update my location... 100 characters is a lot and I don't really want to type so much just to edit my profile...

Post by NicoMoreno »

Have you ever used a low-flow toilet? The end up using MORE water.
s1m0n

Post by s1m0n »

NicoMoreno wrote:Have you ever used a low-flow toilet? The end up using MORE water.
Use less paper.

When I owned my place in the country, we were eking out the lifetime of an elderly dug well which would sometimes run dry in January and August. When I redid the bathrooms, I put in the highest efficiency toilets I could find.

They worked just fine.
And now there was no doubt that the trees were really moving - moving in and out through one another as if in a complicated country dance. ('And I suppose,' thought Lucy, 'when trees dance, it must be a very, very country dance indeed.')

C.S. Lewis
TomB

Post by TomB »

NicoMoreno wrote:Have you ever used a low-flow toilet? The end up using MORE water.

Well, the new ones are "somewhat better" than the old.

If you want a low flow that shouldn't clog as much, check out this ad-

http://www.americanstandard-us.com/plan ... _flush.asp

Tom
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Ditto what Nico said. It's even worse sometimes with three flushes. I agree that five was excessive, 3.5 okay, but I think they are down to 1.something now and its ineffectual.

Despite your outrage Simon, there is a case to be made that the excessive regulation not only causes the aforementioned problem but could actually lower public health standards a bit, because frankly, many people give up if given the chance and the waste remains in the home or other facility.

Another example is low flow showerheads, which I always disable. You end up standing under it for a greater length of time because you don't feel the soap getting washed away. I believe in a very short shower, but give me the pressure, fercrynoutloud.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?