You know it's a bad day when....

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
chattiekathy
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Re: You know it's a bad day when....

Post by chattiekathy »

izzarina wrote:you grab an Oreo Double Stuff cookie to munch on while you do the dishes, and as soon as you take it apart, you drop the part with the most cream into the dishwater. SIGH!!! It was truly sad, especially since I was craving it :cry:
I would have grabbed it out of the dishwater and rinsed it off and ate it! :P :oops: :D

By the by, Congratulations for another one on the way! :D

Cheers,
Kathy
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

emmline wrote:I used to get Godiva chocolates at Valentine's day or Christmas--a 1 or 2 lb. box--which I would keep in my dresser drawer for exactly that reason.
Nowadays, sadly, chocolates give me a headache, and I don't eat them except very rarely.
Godiva? Dresser? Don't make sense....duh.

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
izzarina
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by izzarina »

chattiekathy wrote:I would have grabbed it out of the dishwater and rinsed it off and ate it! :P :oops: :D
I actually thought of doing that, until it started to disintegrate. In no time flat, the poor cookie was reduced to goo. It was horrible.

Oh, but I DID lick my fingers after I threw what I could out....does that count?

:wink:

And thank you for the congrats! :)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

izzarina wrote:... although to be entirely honest, I was sneaking it to begin with, and so I have to wait until I'm not bombarded with kids to sneak another....only don't tell anyone ;)
Pass me two and my lips will be sealed... er... busy...
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

The Weekenders wrote:Years ago, I was visiting my brother and happened to be in his bedroom when he opened his top chest drawer and I espied a giant bag of Peanut M&Ms that he kept hidden from the kids.

So, I wonder, how many of you with young'uns got a candy or cookie stash that's for personal use only?

Guilty as charged. Except hiding ice cream in a dresser drawer doesn't work.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
chattiekathy
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

izzarina wrote:
chattiekathy wrote:I would have grabbed it out of the dishwater and rinsed it off and ate it! :P :oops: :D
I actually thought of doing that, until it started to disintegrate. In no time flat, the poor cookie was reduced to goo. It was horrible.

Oh, but I DID lick my fingers after I threw what I could out....does that count?

:wink:

And thank you for the congrats! :)
You know, I lose alot of cookies that way by dunking them in milk.

and, yes finger licking does count! :lol:

By the way if you have the baby on the 7th of November, you can name her after my daughter Angie. She is a great musician! She was suppose to be born on the 28th of November, but we were in a hurry for some reason. :wink:

Cheers,
Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~
springrobin
Tell us something.: I play flute, whistle and harp and have been a member on this board for many years. I have tended to be a lurker recently and just posted a response for the first time in quite awhile.

Post by springrobin »

The Weekenders wrote:Years ago, I was visiting my brother and happened to be in his bedroom when he opened his top chest drawer and I espied a giant bag of Peanut M&Ms that he kept hidden from the kids.

So, I wonder, how many of you with young'uns got a candy or cookie stash that's for personal use only?
Praline's 'n Cream goes behind the frozen veggies with freezer pop decoys in front.
scarhand

Post by scarhand »

little debbie fudge brownies in the trunk of the car
the brave do not live forever,
but the cautious do not live at all.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

springrobin wrote:

Praline's 'n Cream goes behind the frozen veggies with freezer pop decoys in front.
CLEVER! Don't you hate it when they want to stay up, depriving you of the furtive visit into the ol' kitchen?
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
missy

Post by missy »

Weeks - you reminded me....

When Nate was really little, he'd say upon going to bed:
"Good night,
sleep tight,
get candy"

Wonder why he thought THAT???!!! :D
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
springrobin
Tell us something.: I play flute, whistle and harp and have been a member on this board for many years. I have tended to be a lurker recently and just posted a response for the first time in quite awhile.

Post by springrobin »

The Weekenders wrote:
springrobin wrote:

CLEVER! Don't you hate it when they want to stay up, depriving you of the furtive visit into the ol' kitchen?
Yeah, I feel for my parents. The trigger when I was little was popcorn. It would wake me from a dead sleep so my poor parents could never wait long enough.
springrobin

Post by springrobin »

springrobin wrote:

Can't take all the credit for this, though. Before it was distributed very far, my mom used to hide Blue Bell ice cream I brought home from college at the back of the freezer in an unmarked container. It backfired though. Mom & Dad had company and Dad made banana daquiris with ice cream instead of ice. Unfortunately, Mom forgot to tell Dad there was homemade clam chowder in the back of the freezer. Never did find out who got the first taste.......
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

scarhand wrote:little debbie fudge brownies in the trunk of the car

NaCl H2O City must not be in Florida!
Wormdiet

Post by Wormdiet »

The Weekenders wrote: So, I wonder, how many of you with young'uns got a candy or cookie stash that's for personal use only?
I don;t have children but I do teach high school. . . . at certain times of the school year junk food accumulates like snow in Alaska. The trick is to store it properly. Bookcases work well.
OOOXXO
Doing it backwards since 2005.
scarhand

Post by scarhand »

Lambchop wrote:
scarhand wrote:little debbie fudge brownies in the trunk of the car

NaCl H2O City must not be in Florida!
no, utah, but there's nothin' like brownies warm from the trunk of the car!
the brave do not live forever,
but the cautious do not live at all.