Would you eat a food that tastes like humans????

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!

Would you eat a food that tastes like humans?

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes: 16

buddhu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Would you eat a food that tastes like humans????

Post by buddhu »

Walden wrote:
Tyler Morris wrote:Nuckols said he has never tasted human flesh but based his recipe on cannibals' reported descriptions of the flavor.
Couldn't he just lick his own arm or something? I mean... how difficult can it be?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
And whether the blood be highland, lowland or no.
And whether the skin be black or white as the snow.
Of kith and of kin we are one, be it right, be it wrong.
As long as our hearts beat true to the lilt of a song.
chas
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

I.D.10-t wrote:I believe that Spam lite was considered the food closest to the flavor.
I'll have spam spam spam spam hufu bacon and spam.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
TomB

Post by TomB »

Nanohedron wrote:This is where I make cracks about ground Chuck, lady fingers, and baby back ribs. :twisted:

Not to mention a certain Jeffery Dahmer joke.
"Consult the Book of Armaments"
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

In parochial school in the 50s, the nuns were always wanted us to remember the missions. We were always told that we should support the brave catholic missionaries bringing the word of God to the heathens. I remember an elderly priest came to tell us about his many years as a missionary in Africa. He told us how one time he actually met some cannibals. He asked them about eating people and they told him. He realized that they always seemed to eat the palms of the hands first. He asked them about it. They said it tasted the best.
Tyler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

Walden wrote:
Tyler Morris wrote:Nuckols said he has never tasted human flesh but based his recipe on cannibals' reported descriptions of the flavor.
Couldn't he just lick his own arm or something? I mean... how difficult can it be?
Well, y'know, meat tastes a little different raw than cooked...I think he was goin for the "cooked flavor."'
Reminds me of that scene from Hannibal where Lecter has taken the top of Paul Krendler's skull off and slices of a piece of his brain and sautees it and feeds it to him...
cant remember of that's just in the book or the movie too...has been a long time...
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Walden wrote:
I'm not sure how much verisimilitude we can gain from such a method. Were I to apply your suggested approach, Walden, I would have to deduce that long pork tastes like auto exhaust.
TonyHiggins

Post by TonyHiggins »

He could have asked Mike Tyson. At least he'd know what uncooked ear tastes like.
Tony
http://tinwhistletunes.com/clipssnip/newspage.htm Officially, the government uses the term “flap,” describing it as “a condition, a situation or a state of being, of a group of persons, characterized by an advanced degree of confusion that has not quite reached panic proportions.”
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Tyler Morris wrote:
Walden wrote:
Well, y'know, meat tastes a little different raw than cooked...I think he was goin for the "cooked flavor."'
Maybe after a sunburn?
Reasonable person
Walden
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Walden wrote:
Tyler Morris wrote:
Walden wrote: Couldn't he just lick his own arm or something? I mean... how difficult can it be?
Maybe after a sunburn?
A hot tub might work. And just think of all the sloughed-off skin cells and stuff! You'd have soup, too.
scarhand

Post by scarhand »

every movie i've ever seen indicates that human flesh tastes like chicken, and i like chicken. hollywood should know, shouldn't they?
the brave do not live forever,
but the cautious do not live at all.
TomB

Post by TomB »

scarhand wrote:every movie i've ever seen indicates that human flesh tastes like chicken, and i like chicken. hollywood should know, shouldn't they?

Hmm, are you sure your not getting "human" mixed up with "squirrel?"

Love your "location."

Tom
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

TomB wrote: Hmm, are you sure your not getting "human" mixed up with "squirrel?"
Where I grew up everything tasted like squirrel.
Q. What’s porcupine taste like?
A. Mostly like squirrel and a bit of pine needle.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
TomB

Post by TomB »

I.D.10-t wrote:
TomB wrote: Hmm, are you sure your not getting "human" mixed up with "squirrel?"
Where I grew up everything tasted like squirrel.
Q. What’s porcupine taste like?
A. Mostly like squirrel and a bit of pine needle.

Minnesota??
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

TomB wrote:Minnesota??
Up in Pine City MN there was a lot of hunting and fishing. Often someone would ask what certain game tasted like. Short answer was squirrel.

Long answer would be, animals near corn fields are mild while those that live in pine forests have a “wild” or “gamey” (sp?) taste... ... the age makes a difference too on how tough the…

Etc.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
missy

Post by missy »

hmmm -
I've had:
squirrel (tastes like hickory nuts cuz that's what they ate)
rabbit (I've only had it browned and fried, so it resembles dark meat chicken)
deer (again depends on what they ate - if they were trimming pine trees they taste like they are soaked in uzo)
quail (back before the freeze of 77)
chukker (dark meat chicken again)
duck (greasy)
pheasant (greasy)

none of it REALLY tastes like chicken.
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com