drooling problem

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
TheKingPrawn
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

drooling problem

Post by TheKingPrawn »

Anyone else with a susato have a drooling problem? I seem to create much more saliva with the susatos than with my feadog. It's kind of annoying. Is there a solution or a good way to clear it when it builds up?
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
Lambchop
antispam: No

Re: drooling problem

Post by Lambchop »

TheKingPrawn wrote:Anyone else with a susato have a drooling problem? I seem to create much more saliva with the susatos than with my feadog. It's kind of annoying. Is there a solution or a good way to clear it when it builds up?
Spit?
Tony McGinley

Re: drooling problem

Post by Tony McGinley »

TheKingPrawn wrote:Anyone else with a susato have a drooling problem? I seem to create much more saliva with the susatos than with my feadog. It's kind of annoying. Is there a solution or a good way to clear it when it builds up?
IF YOU GOTTA DROOL
DROOL OVER SOMETHING
WORTHWHILE

Tony McGinley

<i><b>"The well-being of mankind,
its peace and security,
are unattainable unless and until
its unity is firmly established."
<i><b>
ShadowBG625
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been a member of the forum for several years. Just poking my head to catch up on all the latest happenings, as well as checking out the FS/WTB page.

Post by ShadowBG625 »

Hmm...sounds like a personal problem to me. :thumbsup:
perrins57

Post by perrins57 »

No its not just you, I have a . . um . . .friend who has the same problem. :oops: Other than regularly using soapy water to help stop the moisture from clogging the whistle my acquaintance has no other advice.
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

(Name's Mark btw)
Les Cruttenden

A FRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Les Cruttenden »

perrins 57.....your 'friend' dosn't by any chance go by the name...'perrins 57' does he?
I also 'drool' but mainly over whistles i cannot yet afford. Les.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Does it happen all the time or just a certain time of day? What keys are the whistles in? I have excess drool when playing a lower key than with a high key. What helps me is to take in air and out through the cornors of my mouth when playing. This make a small stream of air that has a drying effect inside my mouth.
lilymaid

Post by lilymaid »

I find I drool on my whistles more in the summer, disturbingly.
Catch from the board of beauty
Such careless crumbs as fall.
- Edna St. Vincent Millay
AiglosCelt
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Man this is a hell of a hoop to jump through, I can't believe I have to actually type 100 characters in this box in order to edit my profile. What a world, dude.

Post by AiglosCelt »

I play saxophone, so I'm used to keeping the reed wet when I'm playing. therefore, I tend to drool...a lot. My suggestion is when you take a breath, do it hard through your mouth...really work that diaphragm and suck all the moisture out. If you drool too much for this to work, try stuffing a cotton swab under your tongue :D