REDWOLF OKAY, THOUGH NOT NAMED IN STORY

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Redwolf
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Redwolf »

We're home and yes...quite safe!

I was actually sitting in the room with Kirstin Olsen and Sarah Leonardis when they were giving that interview...I and one of the other parents were feeding them information on the kids' reactions, as we were part of the group that took the kids back to the flats. What the article doesn't say is that, had things gone according to plan, we would have been pulling into Kings Cross Station at about the same time as the bombers. We had planned to get an early start that morning, but we had just arrived in England the day before, so a group meeting that had been planned for Wednesday night took place on Thursday morning instead. Because of that, we were a good hour late setting out for our local Tube station at Canary Wharf.

The kids were very freaked out for the first day or two, and there were a couple who were absolutely terrified at the thought of riding the Tube the next day. By the end of the first week, however, they were completely calm about it.

I have to say that I've utterly fallen in love with London. What a great city! We had a great time on the 16th hanging out with Avanutria and Martin Milner...C&F's London branch! (BTW you guys...thanks again for showing us around! We took Johanna back to the Tate Modern yesterday...she'd enjoyed it so much on the 16th!).

I hope to get my pics organized in the next day or so, and then I'll post a link.

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
Alan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: From the land beyond beyond. From the time past hope and fear. I bid you, Genie, now appear! Well, the Genie did not appear but the notification to type at least 100 characters did so I am back and typing some more as you, if anyone actually sees this, can probably tell.

Post by Alan »

Welcome home, Redwolf! :)
Alan
jkrazy52
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jkrazy52 »

Fantastic to hear from you, Redwolf! :D

Judy
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Redwolf, did your husband go along as well?

We wondered if the whole clan had gone at the time.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Martin Milner

Post by Martin Milner »

Welcome home, Red!

Avanutria and I meant to ring you before you flew out, but it's been manic this week and we forgot.

Glad you had fun, and Johanna enjoyed the Tate Modern, and you got home in good order!

:D
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that schwing
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

Flyingcursor wrote:Redwolf, did your husband go along as well?

We wondered if the whole clan had gone at the time.
Yes, he went along as well. He hadn't originally planned to, but when we found out when we would be going (which not only coincided with our 20th wedding anniversary, but also with the week that his company routinely shuts down for furlough), we decided that he should go too.

Johanna was definitely taken with the Tate Modern, Martin, so I'm very glad we all decided to pop in there for a bit on the 16th! Our last day there, Tony and I decided not to go to Oxford (mainly because we were exhausted following a flying trip to York the day before), and I asked Jo if she'd like to spend a couple more hours at the museum instead...she was very enthusiastic, and came home totally charged up about things she wants to try with her own art.

That afternoon we went over to Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens, which were absolutely lovely. It was a nice, relaxing way to spend our last day in England.

Redwolf
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Welcome back Red. To say we were worried is an understatement.

Like you, I love London. It's my favorite international city hands down and I hate to see it being terrorised. Oh well. Glad you are safe!
Last edited by The Weekenders on Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Redwolf wrote:That afternoon we went over to Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens, which were absolutely lovely.
Did you see Peter Pan while you were there? :)

Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

jsluder wrote:
Redwolf wrote:That afternoon we went over to Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens, which were absolutely lovely.
Did you see Peter Pan while you were there? :)

We did indeed! That was actually my goal in going there, though we also enjoyed seeing the Princess Diana Memorial and the Italian Fountains. We encountered a very friendly and informative fellow at the Diana Memorial who not only directed us to Peter Pan, but told us a great deal about Barrie's fondness for the park and the small island in the middle of the Serpentine where he got a good deal of his inspiration for the novel.

I really loved the park...I had half expected a rather stiff, manicured setting, and was delighted to see huge, rolling areas where the grass was long and the trees old and rambling...like a little bit of the countryside right in the middle of London!

Redwolf
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

I am so glad that you are home safe, Red! We were tremendously worried. I'm also glad that you had such a wonderful time, despite the circumstances. Welcome home! :)
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
chattiekathy
Tell us something.: Well dang, I just want to change my password. looking for that correct page! Thank you! Ohh good grief, I get it, you have to be careful who you let in because of spammers, but sigh.... I'm in a hurry, can we move this along please. :)

Post by chattiekathy »

Audrey, Sure am glad to see that you all made it home safely. I hope that you had a great time otherwise.

Cheers,
Kathy :)
~*~Creativity is God's gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to God~*~