Chanters on eBay

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
PJ
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Chanters on eBay

Post by PJ »

PJ
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Good luck to you Seth. :thumbsup:
ausdag
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by ausdag »

What's with only supplying to the US and Canada? There's a huge market out there beyond the US of A and Canadia.

Cheers,

DavidG
David (ausdag) Goldsworthy
http://ozuilleann.weebly.com/
PJ
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

I think it's just to keep the shipping costs under control. A few months back he was selling some bellows "US only". I emailed him and told him I'd like to bid. He opened up the sale to Canada, no problem. I'm pretty sure if you email or PM him he'll open up the sale to the Wallabies (nice win against the Springboks BTW).
PJ
MikeyLikesIt

Post by MikeyLikesIt »

Beautiful looking work there Seth! :) Particularly the grain on that Rosewood chanter. Stunning! Wish all the best on the auctions.
mukade

Post by mukade »

ausdag wrote:What's with only supplying to the US and Canada? There's a huge market out there beyond the US of A and Canadia.

Cheers,

DavidG
Perhaps Seth is trying to cut down on the risks of selling on ebay.

Mukade
'The people who play the flat pipes usually have more peace of mind. I like that.'
- Tony Mcmahon
texasbagpiper

Post by texasbagpiper »

I would like to sell out of the country, but It's tracking issues that worries me, and also shipping prices... You never know how much to charge for shipping overseas and with UPS its usually very expensive..... I need to check I think UPS can be tracked worldwide.....

I have potential buyers in Italy and Germany , but cannot make up my mind on doing International bussiness just yet..... :-?
No E

Post by No E »

You can track UPS internationally. You can get very reliable estimates of shipping costs, as long as you know the destination and the weight and DIMENSIONS of your parcel. Many people run into trouble because frieght forwarders use "dimensional weight," which can be a real shock when shipping bulky but not-so-heavy items. Don't be afraid of doing business intenationally--it takes some careful planning, but it's well worth it.

No E
Last edited by No E on Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PTE--World Tour 2009-until we're all dead.
texasbagpiper

Post by texasbagpiper »

Thanks, Mister E :), I know it would help business....
Jessica Ventura

Post by Jessica Ventura »

You might also check with the United States Post Office. They also offer a thing called Global Express that provides tracking. Quite a bit less costly than UPS.
djm

Post by djm »

Jessie wrote:Quite a bit less costly than UPS.
Quite a bit more reliable than UPS, as well. I don't know how Agent Brown is in the US, but delivery to Canada is atrocious. If you don't want to go with USPS for some reason, I would recommend Fedex.

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
PJ

Post by PJ »

Not much time left for the Rosewood chanter - 20 hours. At $200 someone's going to get quite the bargain.

The bloodwood chanter still has 2 days to go.
PJ
Jim McGuire

Post by Jim McGuire »

You can use the USPS web site for planning: http://www.usps.com/ . Tracking, insurance, it's all possible.

UPS does not have its own offices worldwide. Both UPS and FedEx end up using agents in foreign countries. DHL has office presence all over the world and is considered easier to use for the the importer and exporter.
Canada enjoys easier Customs rules than shipments going outside of North America. Having said that, I just shipped something to Canada and had to put my first name on the package, not just my initial - a new rule from Canada.
TheKingPrawn

Post by TheKingPrawn »

It doesn't say who the maker is. Any ideas?
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
mukade

Post by mukade »

He has posted to this thread a couple of times.

:D

Mukade
'The people who play the flat pipes usually have more peace of mind. I like that.'
- Tony Mcmahon