My Experience at East Durham

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
moxy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by moxy »

Hey, I spent some time with you too, Jack... It wasn't all Paul, Matt and Jackie!! (say, thanks for mentioning Kevin Henry at just the right time - glad I went to his class!)

How can you tell when a Cork man is lying?...

His lips are moving.

(à la Jackie Daly!)
thurlowe

Post by thurlowe »

Moxy, that was incredibly cool of you to have lunch with me on your last day. Sorry if I was a little bleary.

Big hug,

Cara
moxy

Post by moxy »

Cara, I was as bleary as you were :) Got to my room at 6am, slept for 45 minutes the air was so stuffy... Then met you at noon... that was quite a day!!

Thanks for lunch, it was great to finish off my week with you!

Say, Jack, care to explain 21-20-42??

:lol:
Azalin
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Azalin »

moxy wrote: Say, Jack, care to explain 21-20-42??
Not fair, it's MY joke! ;-) Anyway, we all know about how Jack's future wife is gonna look like!
MurphyStout

Post by MurphyStout »

Hey, leave my ideal woman out of this!!

Okay guys, lets see some of your pics!
No I'm not returning...
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

Great tale of adventure Jack!

MarkB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
MurphyStout

Post by MurphyStout »

Actually speaking of which, I've edited my recordings up to the listening session at that pub so tonight I should find out exactly what was said about me and by whom while I was in the bathroom! HEHE
No I'm not returning...
jGilder

Re: My Experience at East Durham

Post by jGilder »

MurphyStout wrote:I was introduce to her by Kevin as “Jack Murphy, the young man who played the Killavil Jig better than Peter Horan himself.”
It's always great to meet and get to know the older players. They provide a glimpse into the world of ITM before it became so popular, and they have a way about them that inspires younger players to have a little more humility and good sense of humor.

One of my favorite older players I've had the pleasure to get to know is Peter Horan himself. (My current avatar features him and me lashing out some tunes in Gurteen while a modern day Brendan Behan raises his pint glass in the background.) These older players always have great stories and interesting factoids about the early days of ITM in the early and middle part of the 20th Century. Last November is the most recent time I met up with Peter and he was going strong. He was drinking rum with a Guinness chaser -- I think I'm going to start that medication regiment myself real soon.
StevieJ
Tell us something.: Old hand, active in the early 2000s. Less active in recent years but still lurking from time to time.

Post by StevieJ »

Az, it's true that "Jackie Daly" was tripping lightly off my tongue, but just imagine the gibberish you'd have been spouting had Edel Fox kissed you (even on the knee) within 5 minutes of meeting you.

As it was you found it necessary to <a href="http://www.rogermillington.com/steam/IM ... G">profess your admiration in lipstick</a>. Can't imagine who vandalized the declaration...

<a href="http://www.rogermillington.com/steam/IMG_0931.JPG">Here are Jack and Dave at 2:30am outside Darby's... </a>

<a href="http://www.rogermillington.com/steam/IMG_0902.JPG">And here is Joyce being seriously impressed by Jack's culinary prowess.</a>
Teri-K

Post by Teri-K »

StevieJ wrote:Az, it's true that "Jackie Daly" was tripping lightly off my tongue, but just imagine the gibberish you'd have been spouting had Edel Fox kissed you (even on the knee) within 5 minutes of meeting you.
If someone doesn't explain this soon, I'm going to explode!
beowulf573

Post by beowulf573 »

Sure rub it in, I got enough of it last night from someone who went, saying what a great time he had, folks say hi, too bad I couldn't make it, too many tunes too little time too much fun.

Bah!

Maybe next year.
Eddie
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
feadogin

Re: My Experience at East Durham

Post by feadogin »

jGilder wrote: One of my favorite older players I've had the pleasure to get to know is Peter Horan himself. (My current avatar features him and me lashing out some tunes in Gurteen while a modern day Brendan Behan raises his pint glass in the background.) These older players always have great stories and interesting factoids about the early days of ITM in the early and middle part of the 20th Century. Last November is the most recent time I met up with Peter and he was going strong. He was drinking rum with a Guinness chaser -- I think I'm going to start that medication regiment myself real soon.
Hi Jack,

John is over in Ireland right now and he met Peter Horan in Tubbercurry. He said Peter Horan was really nice and told him to get out his banjo, and played a tune with him.

There was much celebration going on over there last weekend after Sligo won the football (and Cavan!)

Justine
bradhurley

Post by bradhurley »

StevieJ wrote: And here is Joyce being seriously impressed by Jack's culinary prowess.
Ah, now I can see why Jack's hamburgers were so good: he used Pepsi as the barbecue sauce!
lesl
Tell us something.: Hello, I'm Lesl, I teach and play Irish flute. Just updating my web address. Thank you for reading this!

Post by lesl »

Just checked in. Wow, its what I'd been waiting for - and a bit more than
that, cos now I'm really pining to have missed it. We were almost
deciding to go up for the Friday (but my ear acted up and went to the
doctor instead.)

Thanks Jack for a fantastic report. Did I say pining yet? Wish I'd a chance
to meet you's and catch up with those of you I already know.. ah maybe
next time..

Lesl