Shocking bit of news!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Walden
Chiffmaster General
antispam: No

Shocking bit of news!

Post by Walden »

Ever notice there are oh... about 3-5 people around here who quite constantly post some news story that they feel supports their own political agenda? That's fun stuff. Lots of great threads start that way. Yep, yep, yep. You're my hero, everyone of you.
The Weekenders
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by The Weekenders »

Ya think?

Hey, being a possibly guilty party, I just realized that they often end in question marks!
Last edited by The Weekenders on Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Thank you, Walden. I was starting to feel like so much fluff.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Nani, you have always been the one-liner reactive one, rather than thread creator. Gotta have the rimshot ready at all times when Nano is in the building.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

The Weekenders wrote:Nani, you have always been the one-liner reactive one, rather than thread creator. Gotta have the rimshot ready at all times when Nano is in the building.
:lol: That's what I get for trying to join the irony-fest. I'll take the warm fuzzies anyhoo.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Someday when I visit the end of the world (Wisco-sota), we just gotta suck back a few ales, Nani...Big-time Irony Fest!!!! But after a few, we won't be clever enough for Irony and I will dissolve in a non-stop monologue about how, "Maaaan, I , I , I RESPSHPECT YOU, Man, know what I mean!"
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

The Weekenders wrote:Someday when I visit the end of the world (Wisco-sota), we just gotta suck back a few ales, Nani...
Totally, dude. Hey, how is it that the End of the World is at the center of the continent?
herbivore12

Post by herbivore12 »

I have proof that the end of the world is just about 12 miles south of me, and just to the west, across the bay, from Weeks:

http://gocalifornia.about.com/bl_nb_lands_map.htm

Land's End, right there. Nice place, really. You can see Rodin's "The Thinker" gazing out toward the Pacific, at the Legion of Honor. You can see other more or less, um, artistic, nudes, too, if you know where to look. It may or may not be your thing, depending on how ya swing.

Nano's in The Middle of Nowhere, rather than The End of the World.
mukade

Re: Shocking bit of news!

Post by mukade »

Walden wrote:Ever notice there are oh... about 3-5 people around here who quite constantly post some news story that they feel supports their own political agenda? That's fun stuff. Lots of great threads start that way. Yep, yep, yep. You're my hero, everyone of you.
Your source is biased and unreliable. I reject your claims.

Commie Pinko! Image Nazi Scum!

Mukade
'The people who play the flat pipes usually have more peace of mind. I like that.'
- Tony Mcmahon
MarkB

Post by MarkB »

You can find anything you want at the internet restaurant...or something like that.

markB
Everybody has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Nanohedron wrote:Thank you, Walden. I was starting to feel like so much fluff.
What's wrong with fluff?
Reasonable person
Walden
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

It's all about fluff. It's always been about fluff. Come on, wake up and smell the fluff! Haven't you ever wondered why there's never any fluff in the mainstream media? They don't want you to know about the fluff!

http://phoenix.gov/BROWNFLD/0107brwn.html#D

They've known about it for years.
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

GaryKelly wrote:It's all about fluff.
That's the second time in a couple of weeks that Alan Freeman has been mentioned on this site.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Nanohedron wrote:
The Weekenders wrote:Someday when I visit the end of the world (Wisco-sota), we just gotta suck back a few ales, Nani...
Totally, dude. Hey, how is it that the End of the World is at the center of the continent?
Well, I'll tell ya. I have a friend who is from around here (the Bay Area) and his wife had one of those academic residences or something and they spent a year and a half in Duluth.

When he came home to visit, he repeatedly insisted that he had been living "at the end of the world." So it stuck.
rh

Post by rh »

The Weekenders wrote:Well, I'll tell ya. I have a friend who is from around here (the Bay Area) and his wife had one of those academic residences or something and they spent a year and a half in Duluth.

When he came home to visit, he repeatedly insisted that he had been living "at the end of the world." So it stuck.
i used to work for a guy who was born in Northern MN, he would refer to it as "the place where God lost his shoes".
there is no end to the walking