Karl Rove

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Tyler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Karl Rove

Post by Tyler »

Found this in the paper this morning, thought you'd all enjoy it.
G'day!
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Ah, yessss... 'He Who Must Not Be Named' ....
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
jbarter
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jbarter »

Two weeks ago I was blissfully unaware of this bloke's existence. How powerful is he? Where is he in the chain of command? How many people would have to die for him to take over? :-?
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

He's Bush's top advisor and is extraordinarily powerful in influencing the President. He's not in any governmental "chain of command" and would never be in line for the presidency.

Susan
anniemcu

Post by anniemcu »

jbarter wrote:Two weeks ago I was blissfully unaware of this bloke's existence. How powerful is he? Where is he in the chain of command? How many people would have to die for him to take over? :-?
He has been the key 'behind the scenes' player in the whole of GWBush's 'successful' political history. He is seen as a hero by many on the far right, apparently, and is certainly in a very, very powerful position politically, though he has not been elected to that position. Rove is considered the 'puppetmaster' by many. Do a Google on him and ... have loads of strong drink available.
anniemcu
---
---
---
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

Power without responsibility or accountability. A scary combination and unfortunately not that uncommon as you look around the world.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
anniemcu

Post by anniemcu »

jbarter wrote:Power without responsibility or accountability. A scary combination and unfortunately not that uncommon as you look around the world.
Indeed.
anniemcu
---
---
---
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

I haven't read it, but the book, Bush's Brain, is about Karl Rove and his role in the administration and its ascension to to the presidency. You might go to www.amazon.com and look it up.

Best wishes,
Jerry
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

jbarter wrote:Two weeks ago I was blissfully unaware of this bloke's existence. How powerful is he? Where is he in the chain of command? How many people would have to die for him to take over? :-?
Rove is kind of like Richelieu, but without the restraining influence of ethics and decorum.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Here is an interesting opinion piece on this subject. (Disclaimer: I know nothing about the author or the web site; this is the first time I've read anything from either one.)
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
dwinterfield

Post by dwinterfield »

Rove has been with W since before he (W) entered politics. He is widely credited with devising all political strategies that led Bush to the White House. His current position is Deputy Chief of Staff. He is considered the voice of Christian Conservatism in the White House and since the last election has been working with many local party officials to solidify the religious conservative political base for the future. Very smart, very creative and there is no dirty trick too reprehensible if it will further his objectives.

Some have suggested that the idea of Bush firing Rove demonstrates a lack of understanding their relationship and who is in charge.
Jerry Freeman

Post by Jerry Freeman »

dwinterfield wrote:Some have suggested that the idea of Bush firing Rove demonstrates a lack of understanding their relationship and who is in charge.
I believe the quote was, "That would be like Charlie McCarthy firing Edgar Bergin."

Best wishes,
Jerry
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Jerry Freeman wrote:
dwinterfield wrote:Some have suggested that the idea of Bush firing Rove demonstrates a lack of understanding their relationship and who is in charge.
I believe the quote was, "That would be like Charlie McCarthy firing Edgar Bergin."

Best wishes,
Jerry
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

gonzo914 wrote:
Rove is kind of like Richelieu, but without the restraining influence of ethics and decorum.
Yeah, he gives éminence grise a bad name.
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

A few more of these posts and I will be able to start rhyming them into a Mark Russell-type song. "He's over the top, he is, that Karl Rove and makes you wanna cry" etc etc.

Get out the torches and pitchforks, the village is a-risin....

P.S. Somehow I missed the memo that said exactly when the mantle of crypto-leadership was transferred from Dick Cheney to Rove, come to think of it. Musta been that fifth heart attack....
How do you prepare for the end of the world?