Please, I really need your opinion.

The Chiff & Fipple Irish Flute on-line community. Sideblown for your protection.
Eldarion
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Eldarion »

Chinese transverse flutes or "dizi" do not cost 200 bucks. You can get a fairly high grade one at US$50.00 if you're buying from the a proper Chinese music instrument shop.
Steven

Post by Steven »

treeshark wrote:I saw a second hand trombone in the market yesterday... anyone play trad on the trombone?
Actually, the English Country Dance group I'm a member of has open band nights about once a month, and I have seen a trombone player there. Very cool addition to the sound!

:-)
Steven
Doug_Tipple
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Doug_Tipple »

With regard to the suggestion about getting a Water Weasel whistle, does anyone know if Glen Schultz is still making whistles? I checked on the availability at one big online store, and they were out of stock and not sure whether they would receive any more of his whistles or not.

With regard to the trombone, I'm not sure about ITRAD, but the trombone is a common lead instrument in Brazillian TRAD. It does a very good job in my opinion. What do you think, Glauber?
andrewK

Post by andrewK »

Perhaps you should stick to musical instruments, Mr Tipple, rather than sink to the piano accordian ?
Flutero

Post by Flutero »

OK. Thanks for your support. Ill let you know about my progress.
andrewK

Post by andrewK »

With Mr Tipple talking of taking up the piano accordian and the moans I have been reading about those awful bodrhan players I am considering marketing a range of paper bags for such players to wear over their heads when they go into musical sessions.
Does anybody think it is a good idea, or must such people be too completely insensitive to be customers.
Could they be sponsored, or suitable bags /mittens /strait jackets be kept behind the bar ?
Whistlin'Dixie

Post by Whistlin'Dixie »

If the paper bag has a mouth hole and comes in red, I'll take one!

M
Gaaslaj
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm selling a whistle, I'm a long-time member, thanks, John. Looks like I need more words, wow, really hard to update this, not sure what else to write, hope this is enough.

Accordian joke-had to hapen!

Post by Gaaslaj »

Did you hear about the guy who left his accordian in his car with the door unlocked? He came back and found his car full of accordians! (I play one sometimes by the way).
AaronMalcomb

Post by AaronMalcomb »

There are a few who can turn piano accordions into musical instruments. Freeland Barbour, Phil Cunningham and Donald Shaw come to mind (not coincidentally all Scottish).

Back to Flutero's topic: You should be able to learn flute just fine. I began learning at the age of 25 after having played GHB for about 9 years. (Check Clips'n'Snips to see just how well I'm doing :-? ). Aside from the rudiments (embouchure, finger technique) the big challenges are breath-phrasing and rhythm.

Cheers,
Aaron
burntkat

Post by burntkat »

Doug_Tipple wrote:I have ordered several plastic Susato whistles, just to see how they sound and how they are made. I also have tried numerous times to make a good PVC whistle, but so far I haven't been satisfied with the results.
Sounds like there's "Doug Tipple PVC whistles" coming soon to your product line.

Can NOT wait. ;)

<ordering a Tipple flute soon!>