Harry Potter 6 is out!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
missy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by missy »

It's 7:25pm, EST - I got the book at 11:00 this morning, and have been reading it since about 2:30 this afternoon.

I'm on page 306........
Noah also has a copy, he's on page 335 (he didn't have to stop and make dinner). :D
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
perrins57

Post by perrins57 »

DaleWisely wrote:I got my copy 2 hours ago and I've already finished. Harry Potter dies.

D
Hurrah!
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

(Name's Mark btw)
jsluder
antispam: No

Post by jsluder »

DaleWisely wrote:I got my copy 2 hours ago and I've already finished. Harry Potter dies.

D
But in book 7, Hermione wakes up to hear Harry in the shower, and realizes it was all a bad dream.
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
perrins57

Post by perrins57 »

jsluder wrote:

D
But in book 7, Hermione wakes up to hear Harry in the shower, and realizes it was all a bad dream.
Is that before or after he's abducted by aliens?
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

(Name's Mark btw)
missy

Post by missy »

I'm done.
And I ain't tellin' nothin'........
Missy

"When facts are few, experts are many"

http://www.strothers.com
seisflutes

Post by seisflutes »

Having just got back from East Durham at 3:00 AM, I started on it around 12:00 noon. I slept the morning away. Anyway, I'm now on chapter three.
TelegramSam

Post by TelegramSam »

I live in the middle of nowhere, and since the walmart near here was out of them, I ordered it off amazon. I'll get it some time around the end of next week probably.

I've already had the end spoiled for me by a stupid kid though. :sniffle:
<i>The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.</i>
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

I've never read any Harry Potter stuff. It is probably more a symptom than the disease, on today's youth, but... those jelly beans... :-?
Lambchop

Post by Lambchop »

Walden wrote:I've never read any Harry Potter stuff. It is probably more a symptom than the disease, on today's youth, but... those jelly beans... :-?
We had a consultant working with us for some weeks. I kept a jar of Jelly Bellies on my desk as treats for the kids who deliver things to me. This consultant spotted them and, every night, would make a meal of 3/4 of the jar! As you may know, Jelly Bellies aren't low-end beans. He was eating $$$ of beans every night. Hints did not deter him.

I emailed everyone a warning not to eat the beans in the jar, but to get the ones out of my desk instead, and then I laced the jar with Bertie Botts Beans. Cut the flavor selection off the package of Bertie Botts and taped it neatly to the jar--wanted everything to be fair.

:party:

End of problem.
Flyingcursor
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

D
:lol: :lol: That even deserves another :lol:

My wife picked up 3 copies on Saturday. One for her and one for each of our daughters who read.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

I never read the books. I just wait about twelve hours until my son finishes it and then say "So what happened then?"
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

D
What a truly senseless, pointless literary violence, Dale. You could have done much better, such as "OK, listen up, everybody. Unless every single one of you sends ten bucks to the hunger site by midnight tonight, I'm telling who dies and how."

-- gonzo "Rosebud was his sled" 914
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

D
Dale, how did you get hold of a copy of Harry Potter 7? :boggle:
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
Sunnywindo

Post by Sunnywindo »

jbarter wrote:

D
Dale, how did you get hold of a copy of Harry Potter 7? :boggle:

Dale Force One recently had a time machine option installed???

:o

Thought Cees would have shown up in this thread by now. Guess she's too busy using every precious spare moment she has reading to stop by. :)

Still waiting, but at least got to touch a copy at Wal-Mart last night.... Only managed to get through the intro on the inside front cover though before hubby says "Hey! We're not here to read... we've gotta go." :( (Shows what he knows... just give me a few hours in the book isle.):lol:

:) Sara (*who's is now 375 out of 683 and still waiting*)
'I wish it need not have happend in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'

-LOTR-
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

I got my copy dark and early Saturday morning... but SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED...

... pounced on it, and refuses to let me even look at the cover until she has finished reading it..... *sigh*