Spain has gone to far this time!

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Lambchop
antispam: No

Re: Spain has gone to far this time!

Post by Lambchop »

perrins57 wrote:
jbarter wrote:
perrins57 wrote:men having to put the loo seat down
Look, I'm gonna explain this just one more time. In our house there are four males and one female. Assume an average of three trips a day for one (watery) function and one trip a day for the other function. This means that the seat would need to be raised twelve times (3 x 4 males) and down only eight times (1 x 4 males plus 4 x 1 female). Since the seat needs to be raised more times it is only sensible that it should be left in that position. Can you get a woman to understand logic like that? Nooo, but they can give you a look that would freeze every drop in the water system.

No you're missing the point (not to mention probably missing the toilet :wink: ) Scientists (with nothing better to do) have discovered that when you pull the flush with the seat up, the flush creates an aerosol with the contents of the toilet. This sends a fine mist of wee and faeces into the air where it later settles on - among other things - your toothbrush. When you get a stomach bug you say - I bet it was that dodgy curry - no it was your poor loo seat etiquette.
Umm, I'm liking you better all the time . . . but I can't resist making a small editorial comment . . . just a wee one . . .

It isn't your poor loo seat etiquette--it's everybody else's. You've already got your own bugs, after all. Recycling them isn't going to make a whit of difference. It's other people's bugs which will make you sick, because you don't already have them.

This is, ladies, why you should never flush while sitting. You don't want your dainty parts to be at ground zero, so to speak.

While I'm at it, let me mention that this is why you never touch anything in the loo after washing your hands! Wash--nay, scrub!--leave the water running, dry hands, turn off faucet with the towel, open exit door with towel, exit, then hold the towel so that the part which touched faucet and door is on the inside until you can deposit it into the nearest waste receptacle.

Whew! Goodness only knows how many lives this may save . . .

Don't drink out of water fountains, either.
Last edited by Lambchop on Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Denny

Post by Denny »

wee be sterile, the other is toxic. Take a breath, flush and run!
jbarter
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jbarter »

perrins57 wrote:
jbarter wrote:
perrins57 wrote:men having to put the loo seat down
Look, I'm gonna explain this just one more time. In our house there are four males and one female. Assume an average of three trips a day for one (watery) function and one trip a day for the other function. This means that the seat would need to be raised twelve times (3 x 4 males) and down only eight times (1 x 4 males plus 4 x 1 female). Since the seat needs to be raised more times it is only sensible that it should be left in that position. Can you get a woman to understand logic like that? Nooo, but they can give you a look that would freeze every drop in the water system.

No you're missing the point (not to mention probably missing the toilet :wink: ) Scientists (with nothing better to do) have discovered that when you pull the flush with the seat up, the flush creates an aerosol with the contents of the toilet. This sends a fine mist of wee and faeces into the air where it later settles on - among other things - your toothbrush. When you get a stomach bug you say - I bet it was that dodgy curry - no it was your poor loo seat etiquette.
Eeeeuuugh! :o :boggle: :o :boggle: I think I'll print out this post, frame it, and hang it up in the appropriate room.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

Lambchop wrote:This is, ladies, why you should never flush while sitting. You don't want your dainty parts to be at ground zero, so to speak.
Which reminds me of another onomatopoeia...WOOSH! which is exactly why you shouldn't flush whilst sitting. :lol:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
djm

Post by djm »

Clearly you are on city water. When you are running on well water and the water table is getting low, the old adage comes into play, "If its yellow, let it mellow. If its brown, flush it down."

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

izzarina wrote:Which reminds me of another onomatopoeia...WOOSH! which is exactly why you shouldn't flush whilst sitting. :lol:
Way to cross topics, izz.
At work, we have these low-flow toilets that are vacuum-assisted. They have a mechanism in
the tank that causes the flush to have the power of 1000 suns. Sitting on one of these while
flushing is a Bad Idea. It's like an unsanitary bidet...
Tyler
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've picked up the tinwhistle again after several years, and have recently purchased a Chieftain v5 from Kerry Whistles that I cannot wait to get (why can't we beam stuff yet, come on Captain Kirk, get me my Low D!)

Post by Tyler »

fearfaoin wrote:
izzarina wrote:Which reminds me of another onomatopoeia...WOOSH! which is exactly why you shouldn't flush whilst sitting. :lol:
At work, we have these low-flow toilets that are vacuum-assisted. They have a mechanism in
the tank that causes the flush to have the power of 1000 suns. Sitting on one of these while
flushing is a Bad Idea. It's like an unsanitary bidet...
We have a few of those Warp Core reactor powered ones too; if you flush while sitting you stand in real danger of becoming aquaintes with the Ninja Turtles. :lol:
“First lesson: money is not wealth; Second lesson: experiences are more valuable than possessions; Third lesson: by the time you arrive at your goal it’s never what you imagined it would be so learn to enjoy the process” - unknown
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Torremolinos, Torremolinos! Por favor! Vamonos al rancho topico!!!!
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

The Weekenders wrote:Torremolinos, Torremolinos! Por favor! Vamonos al rancho topico!!!!
:lol:

An American tourist goes into a restaurant in Spain and orders the specialty of the house. When his dinner arrives, he asks the waiter what it is.

"These, senor," replied the waiter in broken English, "are the arms of the bull killed in the ring today."

The tourist swallowed hard but tasted the dish and thought it was delicious. So he comes back the next evening and orders the same item. When it is served, he says to the waiter, "These arms... are much smaller than the ones I had last night."

"Yes, senor," replied the waiter, "You see...the bull, he does not always lose."
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

fearfaoin wrote:
I know...sorry about that :oops: I try so hard not to do it, but i just can't help myself. I was actually very impressed that I spelled onomatopoeia correctly without looking :wink:

::back to your regularly scheduled topic::
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

amar's tattoo?
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

izzarina wrote:
fearfaoin wrote:Way to cross topics, izz.
I know...sorry about that :oops: I try so hard not to do it, but i just can't help myself
I meant it as a compliment!
I'm usually so behind in reading that I don't get all the topic-jumping jokes. Then, I feel that I'm missing out...

What I really hate is when someone makes a comment about an avatar, and the avatar in
question gets changed before I read the comment...
dorothy wrote: I was actually very impressed that I spelled onomatopoeia correctly without looking :wink:
I am equally impressed. I had to look it up several times. Kept forgetting.

P.S., I'll get you, my pretty. And your little dog, too.
perrins57

Post by perrins57 »

Lambchop wrote: While I'm at it, let me mention that this is why you never touch anything in the loo after washing your hands! Wash--nay, scrub!--leave the water running, dry hands, turn off faucet with the towel, open exit door with towel, exit, then hold the towel so that the part which touched faucet and door is on the inside until you can deposit it into the nearest waste receptacle.

Dont go too far Lamby, you'll end up living like Howard Hughes (though without all the money).
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

(Name's Mark btw)
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

perrins57 wrote:
Lambchop wrote: While I'm at it, let me mention that this is why you never touch anything in the loo after washing your hands! Wash--nay, scrub!--leave the water running, dry hands, turn off faucet with the towel, open exit door with towel, exit, then hold the towel so that the part which touched faucet and door is on the inside until you can deposit it into the nearest waste receptacle.

Dont go too far Lamby, you'll end up living like Howard Hughes (though without all the money).
Perhaps she wants to avoid these:

Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
perrins57

Post by perrins57 »

jsluder wrote: Perhaps she wants to avoid these:

Why, they look kind of cute - sorry wrong thread - I'll get my coat.
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

(Name's Mark btw)