July whistle offerings...

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
brewerpaul
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

July whistle offerings...

Post by brewerpaul »

Hi all-- in between summer trips and activities, I've managed some good shop time and have some goodies to offer. Right now, I have the following available for immediate shipping (D unless otherwise noted)...
Birdseye Maple with Stainless
Black Delrin with Stainless (2)
Green Delrin with Stainless
Yellow Delrin with Stainless

One matched set of three Cocobolo and Brass whistles in C, D, and Eb:
Image Note: this set has been broken up. The D is sold, and the C is tentatively spoken for. Eb still available

Available soon:

From left to right: Imbuia, Bubinga(SOLD), Blackwood/Ziracote hybrid(SOLD), Tiger Maple. Note that the light patch on the Blackwood is "sapwood" and will not in any way influence the playing or durability of the whistle. If you don't like the look of it, I can put it on the back. I kinda like it though-- I'd put the window just above it, so it looks like a flame coming out!

Sometimes I get these weird ideas... like the day I started thinking about dyeing light woods like Tiger Maple:

What I thought would simply be a novelty turned out BEAUTIFULLY. So I guess the upshot is that I can offer Birdseye Maple or Tiger Maple whistles dyed just about any color you can dream up...

I can now also make D+ whistles: Normal D fingering, but with an extra low hole to play a C. You don't need it often, but once in a while it's nice to have.

Please contact me off the board for details on any of these, or to have me start a whistle to your exact specifications. Thanks for your support. Paul
Last edited by brewerpaul on Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Feadin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Feadin »

Those are great!! :thumbsup:

I look forward to see that ziracote/blackwood hybrid when it's finished.

That rainbow whistle looks very nice too! Plase post a pic after you finish it.
Cristian Feldman
brewerpaul

Post by brewerpaul »

Feadin wrote:Those are great!! :thumbsup:

That rainbow whistle looks very nice too! Plase post a pic after you finish it.
Unfortunately, the rainbow is just a scrap of Tiger Maple, not a whistle blank. I was just experimenting. The dye really makes the Tiger effect stand out.

Don't tell my wife, but I'm making her an orange D+ whistle in Tiger Maple. She's a redhead, and drives a metallic orange Pontiac Grand Am. She's become a bit of an orange-maniac, so now she'll have an orange whistle too.
Got wood?
http://www.Busmanwhistles.com
Let me custom make one for you!
Kansas

Whistles

Post by Kansas »

Great looking whistles Paul. The Tiger Maple turned out very nice.
Frankly your photos are very good and they all look like works of art. Just something about the warmth of wood.
I will look forward to my Birdseye in C in a couple of months
Clann O' dubh Ghaill / Doyle
perrins57

Post by perrins57 »

Next time you're posting pictures of such great looking whistles, can you issue a warning for Whoad sufferers to not look - its only fair!
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

(Name's Mark btw)
Roger O'Keeffe

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

brewerpaul wrote:She's become a bit of an orange-maniac, so now she'll have an orange whistle too.
Then she'll need this too, even though you really should have had the whistle ready for her yesterday:

http://ingeb.org/songs/inthecou.html :D
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
jsluder

Re: July whistle offerings...

Post by jsluder »

brewerpaul wrote:Green Delrin with Stainless
Paul, you :swear:

I'd love to get one of those, but I just can't justify a fifth Busman whistle. Actually, I can't really justify the four I have. :roll:

I do have a lovely bird's-eye maple/stainless that's not getting played much at all since I got my ironwood D & C set. Perhaps I could sell it to fund a green Delrin... Oh, WhOA is me! :moreevil:

Cheers,
John
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
bubbledragon

Post by bubbledragon »

Those are beautiful! I'll admit that I'm an orange maniac, too! Thanks bunches for posting them! Keep up the good work. *grin*
Unseen122
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

I really want one with that C hole but I need to spend my money on a Flute hey I will bring some stuff up to the gatherng maybe we could arrange something...