Bush in near-fatal G8 accident

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
Sunnywindo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Sunnywindo »

"Bush in near-fatal G8 accident"

At first glance at that "headline" this morning, I thought it was like, serious, as in on top of the tragedy in London that the President was in a hospital "near-fatal". (I had just woke up, okay, humor mode was so not even on yet.) Thank heaven's it's not that... not exactly a big G. Bush fan, but all the same if he'd been near death/killed on top of everything else.... well, I'd have seriously considered giving up the day and going back to bed or something. :o

All the same still, today's one of those days you never want to repeat.

:( Sara
'I wish it need not have happend in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'

-LOTR-
PJ
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

SteveShaw wrote:Blimey, if this is a poststructural pub this must be gettin' near to a poststructural punch-up near poststructural closing time!
That only happens in front of the poststructural chipper at 3.00 am :lol:
PJ
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

PJ wrote:That only happens in front of the poststructural chipper at 3.00 am :lol:
Mrs. Gore?
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Walden wrote:
PJ wrote:That only happens in front of the poststructural chipper at 3.00 am :lol:
Mrs. Gore?
They hate her in restaurants... She's a lousy tipper. :wink:
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

I don't think Mr Happy was having a go at me, seems he was having a go at some unspecified 'liberal'. Pssst! Joseph! I think he was talking to you!

Look at the time of the first post: 8:25. At that time, GW falling off his bike was the top story of the day here in the UK, and the way it was being reported you'd think his life was hanging by a thread. (They made the same huge song and dance over an aged royal choking on a fish-bone, and a young royal breaking his ankle, so GW's in good company).

And yup, I do think that it would be worthy of a Darwin Award... can you imagine the stupidity of it? The 59 year old Prez kills himself on the morning of birthday, at perhaps the most important G8 summit of the decade, by pedalling around the estate furiously on a new bike like a kid of 8?

Of course, 25 minutes later bombs started going off all over London and now frankly no-one gives a rat's arse about GW falling off his shiny new bike. (Except Mr Happy perhaps, who seems to have gotten out of bed the wrong side this morning).
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
gonzo914

Post by gonzo914 »

My god! Do you realize that had this really been another fatal bicycle grazing (which most folks, I believe, would call "abrasions"), Dick Cheney would . . . would . . . . well, I guess he'd still be president.
Crazy for the blue white and red
Crazy for the blue white and red
And yellow fringe
Crazy for the blue white red and yellow
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

GaryKelly wrote:I don't think Mr Happy was having a go at me, seems he was having a go at some unspecified 'liberal'. Pssst! Joseph! I think he was talking to you!

Look at the time of the first post: 8:25. At that time, GW falling off his bike was the top story of the day here in the UK, and the way it was being reported you'd think his life was hanging by a thread. (They made the same huge song and dance over an aged royal choking on a fish-bone, and a young royal breaking his ankle, so GW's in good company).

And yup, I do think that it would be worthy of a Darwin Award... can you imagine the stupidity of it? The 59 year old Prez kills himself on the morning of birthday, at perhaps the most important G8 summit of the decade, by pedalling around the estate furiously on a new bike like a kid of 8?

Of course, 25 minutes later bombs started going off all over London and now frankly no-one gives a rat's arse about GW falling off his shiny new bike. (Except Mr Happy perhaps, who seems to have gotten out of bed the wrong side this morning).
Well, it could have been me I suppose. No-one in a confined space with 100 rampaging mad bull elephants would expect to come out feeling very well to say the least. But do I want him dead? Nah. We need him alive just in case there's ever a war crimes hearing....

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

GaryKelly wrote:I don't think Mr Happy was having a go at me...
You had to put it that way, didn't you. :boggle:
OnTheMoor

Post by OnTheMoor »

Are Secret Service Agents allowed to write memoirs?
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

Plenty have, especially those who served under Clinton.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

GaryKelly wrote:I don't think Mr Happy was having a go at me, seems he was having a go at some unspecified 'liberal'. Pssst! Joseph! I think he was talking to you!
Quite all right... we all need to exorcise our inner moron once in a while. :roll:
perrins57

Post by perrins57 »

The Weekenders wrote:Plenty have, especially those who served under Clinton.
I thought it was interns that served under Clinton?
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

(Name's Mark btw)
The Weekenders

Post by The Weekenders »

yer battin 1000, ya divil! We should get a sound emoticon of a rimshot, just for such occasions.
How do you prepare for the end of the world?
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

perrins57 wrote:
The Weekenders wrote:Plenty have, especially those who served under Clinton.
I thought it was interns that served under Clinton?
That remark sucks, Mark. :lol: :lol:

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

:) give that man a cigar!
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner