having children

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
I.D.10-t
antispam: No

Post by I.D.10-t »

jsluder wrote:"Why not?"
They smell funny.
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
spittin_in_the_wind
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

Father Emmet wrote:
izzarina wrote: Instead I have to endure the lady at the checkout line at my local grocery store informing me that I’m a horrible person for having too many kids, and she is praised for her comments.
I am always amazed at how people feel free to say whatever they want to parents with children.
:lol: I used to get all kinds of strange comments from people when my daughter was a baby. There was the woman who was cleaning my room in the maternity ward who said, "Oh, she's so cute, she looks like a monkey!" ...and the one behind the pharmacy counter who said, "Oh, she's so cute, where did you get her?" ...and a couple of women who said about a photo of my kids, "Oh, they're so cute, where are they from?" Of course, there was the landlady who, when I was dating my husband, asked me if I had brought him back with me from Canada....but that's a story for another day!
:boggle:

Robin
cowtime
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by cowtime »

I've got two adult daughters. One has a child. The other has none and has given a great deal of thought as to whether or not she will have biological children or adopt. I think she will adopt if anything.

I aplaud anyone who actually gives any thought to whether or not they will become parents. Too few seem to reallythink about what they will be doing. My two were all I ever wanted. I cannont imagine being able to have a large family and admire those who do have lots of kids. I think it would be wonderful to have lots of siblings.

My boss is a foster parent to 8 foster kids. She takes the older ones who no one wants, even the social service workers just want rid of them. They do all have problems , but have suffered awful abusive lives, so no wonder. Some have not been able to overcome their poor start in life, but some really do rise above and have become good kids and adults.
I can't imagine being able to do this, but I can see how rewarding it is for both parties when it works.
"Let low-country intruder approach a cove
And eyes as gray as icicle fangs measure stranger
For size, honesty, and intent."
John Foster West
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

I.D.10-t wrote:
jsluder wrote:"Why not?"
They smell funny.
:lol:
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."
jsluder

Post by jsluder »

Teri-K wrote:When we get that question, we simply say: "Because we're far too selfish!" and nip their judgemental thoughts in the bud. People immediately drop the subject.
Heh. We sometimes say, "Because we don't want to share our toys." :D
Giles: "We few, we happy few."
Spike: "We band of buggered."