Ideas on how to contact Redwolf?

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
avanutria
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Ideas on how to contact Redwolf?

Post by avanutria »

I have Red's full real name and general area she planned to stay in, but I'd really like to find out if she's OK. Does anyone know of a way to get that information? Maybe she's got a webpage with contact info for her Morris Group, or someone here knows where she planned to stay?
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Beth, here's a link to her Morris site. I don't find any info you probably don't have.

http://www.geocities.com/shmorrissc/

I wanted to keep this thread close to the top.
Reasonable person
Walden
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

There's an email link on the morris site. I'm sure many relatives are frantic right about now.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Yeah, the email link is to Red's own email though.

Well, I've managed to pull up a couple of possible home phone numbers through whitepages.com, but of course I can't call them from here...once it's waking hours in california, if anyone wants to try to ring them and see if they can get any info (or pass on my info as a London contact) let me know.
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

avanutria wrote:Yeah, the email link is to Red's own email though.

Well, I've managed to pull up a couple of possible home phone numbers through whitepages.com, but of course I can't call them from here...once it's waking hours in california, if anyone wants to try to ring them and see if they can get any info (or pass on my info as a London contact) let me know.
PM me with details I'm online right now. Though I hate to contact them without being able to offer some info to them.
Flyingcursor

Post by Flyingcursor »

I haven't yet been able to reach anyone at the numbers. Will continue to try. It's still early in CA. (5:30 am)
avanutria

Post by avanutria »

Could be that the whole household went.

If that's no good, do a google search on the name I gave you and you'll get a link to a church with a phone number. They might have info on the trip...
jbarter
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by jbarter »

I've sent out some emails to folks she might contact asking them to let me know if they hear from her.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
Flyingcursor

Post by Flyingcursor »

I've emailed her church.

I also had the bright idea to inform the local TV station in Redwolf's hometown that there is a "group of Spring Hill Elementary school students on a field trip to London." Didn't mention any details. Let them do the work.

Maybe they'll be interested enough to dig up some info. If this were my town the TV station would jump on it.
avanutria

Post by avanutria »

Aha, excellent idea!
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Flyingcursor wrote:I've emailed her church.

I also had the bright idea to inform the local TV station in Redwolf's hometown that there is a "group of Spring Hill Elementary school students on a field trip to London." Didn't mention any details. Let them do the work.

Maybe they'll be interested enough to dig up some info. If this were my town the TV station would jump on it.
Brilliant work!
sbruyette

Post by sbruyette »

Beth, I found this post about where they were supposed to stay. A place called the Docklands. http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... highlight=
Susan
avanutria

Post by avanutria »

Thanks, Susan. Unfortunately I think "Docklands" is the name of a region, rather than a particular hotel. :(
Sunnywindo

Post by Sunnywindo »

Flyingcursor wrote:I also had the bright idea to inform the local TV station in Redwolf's hometown that there is a "group of Spring Hill Elementary school students on a field trip to London." Didn't mention any details. Let them do the work.

Let's hope they do and that it STAYS a local story (for if it didn't and it went national that would likly mean something awful happend to them :cry: ).

Didn't realize that it was a big school group, didn't read enough of Redwolf's trip thread (sorry kept calling her Redwood all morning, still asleep here after all, or maybe just shocked). Thought it was just her and her family going. To hear that it was a whole lot more is even more alarming.

Praying for good news from them soon....

:( Sara
'I wish it need not have happend in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'

-LOTR-
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Sunnywindo wrote: Praying for good news from them soon....

:(
Me too.
Reasonable person
Walden