The great sausage question

Socializing and general posts on wide-ranging topics. Remember, it's Poststructural!
rebl_rn
antispam: No

Post by rebl_rn »

Wash your hands. Cough and sneeze in your sleeve. Stay home if you are sick. Stay informed. http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu for more info.
spittin_in_the_wind
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by spittin_in_the_wind »

Maybe it was Lebanon Bologna:

http://www.seltzerslebanonbologna.com/

Robin
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

spittin_in_the_wind wrote:Maybe it was Lebanon Bologna:
BEIRUT BALONEY SANDWICH- A bologna sandwich that's been split down the middle.
Reasonable person
Walden
Denny

Post by Denny »

Walden wrote:
spittin_in_the_wind wrote:Maybe it was Lebanon Bologna:
BEIRUT BALONEY SANDWICH- A bologna sandwich that's been split down the middle.
:lol: on a roll, ain't ya!
Unseen122
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

I don't do sausage.
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Unseen122 wrote:I don't do sausage.
Not even the weenie whistle?

Reasonable person
Walden
GaryKelly

Post by GaryKelly »

Hotdogs, Armour hotdogs. What kinds of kids love Armour hot dogs? Fat kids, skinny kids, kids who climb on rocks, tough kids, sissy kids, even kids with chicken pox love hotdogs, Armour hot dogs, the dogs kids love to bite.
Image "It might be a bit better to tune to one of my fiddle's open strings, like A, rather than asking me for an F#." - Martin Milner
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

Oh I wish I were an Oscar Meyer weiner.
That is what I'd truly love to beeeee.
Cause if I were an Oscar Meyer weiner,
Everyone would be in love with me.

Thanks for all the advice. I guess I'll just have to search until I find that "right" one. Around here it's mostly Dutch Reformed ancestry so I think any kind of spicy sausage is a sin of some sort.
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

Flyingcursor wrote:Around here it's mostly Dutch Reformed ancestry so I think any kind of spicy sausage is a sin of some sort.
As it was decreed at the Council of Dort, "Sausages be not a vain thing in themselves ('meats for the belly' &c.), but to portend to arouse the senses by addition of piquant herbs (as some notable Romanists in Sicily have lately been known to do) could lead to indigestion, which can lead to consumption of mineral waters. From mineral waters to alcoholic drink. From alcoholic drink to rubbing alcohol. From rubbing alcohol to bandages. From bandages to hospitals. From hospitals to institutions. From institutions to schools. From schools to academies. From academies to art. From art to musick. From musick to dance. From dance to the devil." Or...umm... something like that...
Reasonable person
Walden
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

djm wrote:Sausage is as individual as the maker, and the name seldom conveys much in the way of useful information. Try lots of different kinds and take note of name of the sausage and the maker, and pray that they stay consistent over time.

The best sausage in my area is the butcher in a regular grocery store a few miles outside of town. They never buy meat until Tuesday to ensure it wasn't killed the week before (always fresh). There is no gristle or bone fragments, and the sausage is always very lean. They offer several different seasonings/spice. They are always sold out by Friday.

There are many different European sausage makers locally, but most of it is crap, or no better than the manufactured stuff. You really have to shop around, and then support your favourite maker(s) by remaining faithful.

djm
Bude Meat Supplies make the best sausages. The Cumberland ones I'm talking about. Good bangers don't need to be too lean. The best though smelliest way to cook a good sausage is to fry it dry over very gentle heat in a heavy frying pan for almost an hour. Turn occasionally but be ever so gentle with it. You don't want broken skin. This is pointless with anything except the finest sausage. I have never eaten a branded sausage that I ever wanted to eat again. And I have no time for those so-called "sausages" that contain leeks, apple, garlic and other abominations. This is all I know, and need to know, about sausages. I'm very happy that I know what I know. :)

Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

We've got a sausage maker in Louth who makes special ones for the Queen (Gawdblesser). Believe me, they're well worth the price.
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
Flyingcursor
Tell us something.: This is the first sentence. This is the second of the recommended sentences intended to thwart spam its. This is a third, bonus sentence!

Post by Flyingcursor »

SteveShaw wrote:
And I have no time for those so-called "sausages" that contain leeks, apple, garlic and other abominations.
Steve
:lol: :lol:
I'm no longer trying a new posting paradigm
SteveShaw
Location: Beautiful, beautiful north Cornwall. The Doom Bar is on me.

Post by SteveShaw »

jbarter wrote:We've got a sausage maker in Louth who makes special ones for the Queen (Gawdblesser). Believe me, they're well worth the price.
You haven't eaten John Pett's Cumberlands, I can see! I'd have thought that in deference to her distinguished son and heir the Queen would only eat Duchy Originals :lol:
Steve
"Last night, among his fellow roughs,
He jested, quaff'd and swore."

They cut me down and I leapt up high
I am the life that'll never, never die.
I'll live in you if you'll live in me -
I am the lord of the dance, said he!
jbarter

Post by jbarter »

SteveShaw wrote:
jbarter wrote:We've got a sausage maker in Louth who makes special ones for the Queen (Gawdblesser). Believe me, they're well worth the price.
You haven't eaten John Pett's Cumberlands, I can see! I'd have thought that in deference to her distinguished son and heir the Queen would only eat Duchy Originals :lol:
Steve
Nah Steve. If you're going to have a Lincolnshire Sausage it's got to be proper Lincolnshire made. You wouldn't eat a non-Cornish Cornish Pasty would ya?
May the joy of music be ever thine.
(BTW, my name is John)
izzarina

Post by izzarina »

jbarter wrote:Nah Steve. If you're going to have a Lincolnshire Sausage it's got to be proper Lincolnshire made. You wouldn't eat a non-Cornish Cornish Pasty would ya?
I would assume that would be akin to having a Philadelphia Cheese Steak that's made in Wichita? :lol:
Someday, everything is gonna be diff'rent
When I paint my masterpiece.